Waiting and waiting...2016 mommies-to-be!

My legs are still a bit sore and I do feel a bit dizzy sometimes. I have the neurologist appointment Thursday afternoon and a doctors appointment Friday afternoon depending on how it goes Thursday. I still have bruises too from when I fell.

Today I went to a resume writing class and it was pretty cool. I'm glad I went and the 2nd part is on Thursday before I go to my appointment. On Friday I have this information session to go to about this culinary apprenticeship which starts in July after Roxy is born. It sounds pretty cool from what I heard.

Radiance- What are you going to study when you go back to school?

A question I ask myself a lot! :haha: I have my A.S. in early childhood education. I stopped going to college and working at for the school district when Elijah was stillbirth. I have no desire for teaching, at least in this time. I was also going to school for nursing. I love the medical field but I'm not sure where I want to be in it anymore. I guess I lost myself during all of my losses. Ill be taking a few random classes that will helpful give some ideas.

Tara, I hope the doctor is able to give you some answers. Glad that your resume writing course went well.

Radiance, I think going back to school will be a wonderful distraction. Trying a few different classes sounds like an amazing option for you. I am actually taking a class right now through correspondence and am loving it; though it is odd to be a student again :haha:

Same here. I'm glad my aunt told me about the unemployed help centre. After tomorrow I'm going to have a cover letter and resume. :thumbup:

That's awesome Tara. I hope you get something soon that you enjoy.

Afm, Christian has been showing a ton of interest in food finally! So far he has ate eggs, star wars Graham crackers and pb and j sandwich. For a Kid that refused to eat anything not pureed a week ago I'm very excited. :D

He has also stared pulling up and getting mobile. Something is sure clicking for him.

Great news Tara, hope you find an amazing job soon!

Krissie, sounds like Christian is going through some exciting changes. It's always so nice once they start eating more things. I did more of a BWL approach with Isla and she ate really well until she was about 13 months old and then became Ms. Picky Pants. Of course she scarfs down everything they put in front of her at day care but at home it's hit or miss :growlmad:

So I had the last work shop today for cover letters/resumes and I'm glad I went. I have a new resume now which I really like. :thumbup:

This afternoon I had an appointment with the neurologist and he said it sounded like I had another seizure last Friday. He wants me to take meds to control the seizures. He said there are not many side effects just drowsiness and it would take up to a week for my body to get used to the meds. I also told my dad about everything from January until today. He freaked out a bit but calmed down after a while. It felt good to tell him after all this time but I didn't know how. :shrug: He also told me my grandma (his mom) had epilepsy so I could of gotten it from his side. Plus one of my cousins had a seizure last year sometime. Right now I'm not sure when I'll start the meds. I need to be on them for three years.

I hope the meds help Tara, it must be really scary to have seizures. I hope you get some answers soon!

It is pretty scary especially when I'm by myself. My mom told me she wants me to start them next Friday which is the 22nd. I don't really want to take meds but it's better than having seizures.

So what's everyone doing for the weekend? It's the long weekend here in Canada which pretty much is the start of summer!!! :happydance: A lot of people open up their pools during the long weekend.

Ladies! I have reached my big milestone before TTC. Today is my graduation day! I officially have a Masters in Education and as soon as all my paperwork is in I will have a license to teach K-6 in Virginia. I cannot believe it, it feels like forever and no time at all in the same moment. Really can't believe I am a teacher after all these years of wanting to be one.

Now to get a job but I think I had an excellent chance of gettin hired at my internship school. I interviewed a week and a half ago for 3/4/5 openings. Crossing my fingers! I had all my kids from this year sign my graduation cap this week. I'll post a picture later it's really cute!

Just one more year of waiting for me. It surreal, I never thought this day would get here.

Ladies! I have reached my big milestone before TTC. Today is my graduation day! I officially have a Masters in Education and as soon as all my paperwork is in I will have a license to teach K-6 in Virginia. I cannot believe it, it feels like forever and no time at all in the same moment. Really can't believe I am a teacher after all these years of wanting to be one.

Now to get a job but I think I had an excellent chance of gettin hired at my internship school. I interviewed a week and a half ago for 3/4/5 openings. Crossing my fingers! I had all my kids from this year sign my graduation cap this week. I'll post a picture later it's really cute!

Just one more year of waiting for me. It surreal, I never thought this day would get here.

Congrats hun! Enjoy your day. And fingers crossed you get a job offer soon.

Congrats!!!!! :thumbup:

Tomorrow I'm going to get a medical bracelet so if I have another seizure people will know who to call or what to do. Also I'm going back to the gym after not going for a week!!!!! :happydance:

Oh and I changed my signature for my niece. I was getting bored with the one I had. I'm getting sooooooooo excited about becoming an aunt in less than two months!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Congrats on so many of you graduating soon. How exciting!

I'm officially on my last cycle before the one that I wanted to TTC so I'm both excited and nervous. My next AF is due June 14th and I'm not sure that DF will be ready then. I hope so, I've already been waiting for so long and hate the thought of waiting even longer. I just want to be pregnant again, Liam is so independent and such a big boy now. I can't imagine how much more-so he will be by the time baby #2 comes along.

We got the flowers for the wedding done yesterday. I'm so ready to get this wedding over with, I already feel like I've been married for the few years. Everything is coming together nicely, now pretty much all we have to do is get married. Then it's on to baby making, preferrably ASAP.

Congrats on your upcoming wedding! I didn't realize it was so close. Hopefully your oh will be ready.

I officially finished my requirements two weeks ago and am officially done with graduate school! I am so ready to be done and focus on my family.

So today my dad and I got my prescription filled (he paid for it) but I'm not starting it until Thursday or Friday because I'm not really sure what the side effects will be. I don't want to take meds but at the same time I don't want to have anymore seizures and if I don't take these pills I'll most likely have more. I'm also going to wear a medical alert bracelet for when I'm not at home. It'll have the #'s of who to call in case if I have a seizure I just need to get it engraved first before wearing it.

Today I made two hard boiled eggs for lunch and they turned out very good. :happydance: Tomorrow I'm going with my dad to have my medical alert bracelet engraved. I'll probably have my mom's # put in and my doctor or the neurologist.

Oh and one day I'm going to try and make my own granola bars.

I made some granola bars while I was pregnant that were amazing. I will have to see if I can find the recipe. .

I have been so broody lately. I think its because the original date I wanted to ttc is coming up. Plus ds is developing so rapidly and is definitely not gonna be a baby much longer. He's pulling up and just so close to cruising I think. The time is just flying by right now.

Symphony congrats on graduating, a very exciting milestone to reach for sure!

Tara, I'm glad that you will be getting a medical alert bracelet; hopefully it will give you some peace of mind.

Keely, your wedding is coming up so quickly; you must be getting so excited! Also, your TTC date will be here before you know it as well.

Krissie, I was crazy broody from the time Isla was about 7 or 8 months old until I got pregnant. They just keep getting cuter and cuter!

Homemade granola bars are delicious. I've made them before too; I think I used one of Nigella Lawson's recipes...

Had an extra long weekend as I was off Friday and yesterday (Monday was a holiday). Took my 2 hour glucose test and it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be; just hope I pass now. Had a nice weekend with lots of yoga, gardening and play dates. I also finished up my assignment that is due on Friday. And now back at work and trying to slog through the over 100 emails that are awaiting me...

He really is getting to be so much fun. I love how much more he is doing and how much he is learning. He loves reading and every time we do it he laughs and claps its adorable. Yesterday I read him Press Here and its pretty interactive and even though he has been grumpy he loved it. Poor guy is teething and its been very rough this time.

I think we may try in February for one cycle. If it doesn't happen then we will probably go with our original date of next June. But DH really wants to try for a November baby. So we shall see. I got to get my health under control first. As it stands I did not respond well to the new medication. It made me very lethargic and I felt very sick with constant headaches and chills/hot flashes. So I go back on Wednesday to see what the next step is.

Symphony congrats on graduating, a very exciting milestone to reach for sure!

Tara, I'm glad that you will be getting a medical alert bracelet; hopefully it will give you some peace of mind.

Keely, your wedding is coming up so quickly; you must be getting so excited! Also, your TTC date will be here before you know it as well.

Krissie, I was crazy broody from the time Isla was about 7 or 8 months old until I got pregnant. They just keep getting cuter and cuter!

Homemade granola bars are delicious. I've made them before too; I think I used one of Nigella Lawson's recipes...

Had an extra long weekend as I was off Friday and yesterday (Monday was a holiday). Took my 2 hour glucose test and it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be; just hope I pass now. Had a nice weekend with lots of yoga, gardening and play dates. I also finished up my assignment that is due on Friday. And now back at work and trying to slog through the over 100 emails that are awaiting me...

I'm picking up the bracelet tomorrow after I'm done at the gym. This morning I helped my dad clean at his apartment. It was ok but sometimes he can be negative about anything and everything. :wacko:

I'm sooooooooooooooooo excited about doing Relay for Life on June 6th!!!!!!!! :happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->