Waiting and waiting...2016 mommies-to-be!

We got rid of cable a few years ago. We stream the show we watch off of the networks site and use Chrome cast to send it to the TV. Also watch Netflix, Youtube and use a friends password for HBO. We save about 70ish a month this way.

Wow, that's a lot of $ you're saving.My mom said we would talk about it soon if we want to get rid of cable or not.I can pretty much watch all my shows online except for Dateline which is on NBC. I'm going to check online if I can watch it because I love watching it. In December my mom got rid of our house phone because we didn't really need it anymore.We only had it for the house alarm that we don't have anymore either. I don't even miss the house phone and much prefer my cell phone.

Today Curtis and Lindzy came over for a bit. She's still feeling good and ever since she had that stint put in she's been eating food besides fruit and veggies.Her sister in law is due tomorrow and my mom told me she's dilated a bit but didn't understand the numbers. :haha: I'm sure Lindzy will let us know when her nephew makes his grand entrance.Now we just wait for Roxy to be born after him!!!! :happydance::cloud9:

Welcome Ellie. :flower:

Yeah I totally don't think you need cable at all anymore. Maybe one day I'll convince DH to get rid of it.

We also still have a landline too :haha:. We actually both made a conscious choice to get rid of data plans on our personal cell phones after Isla was born as we felt we were spending too much time glued to them. We both have IPads so after Isla's asleep we can catch up on all things social media related :haha: So now we just do pay as you go on our cells with unlimited texts (which is what I use the most anyway).

I actually went for first aid training after Isla was born and they stated that when you have young kids at home you should try to have a landline if possible in case an emergency situation comes up. If a child has to try to find a cell phone or doesn't know how to unlock it in an emergency situation that can be problematic...

I don't know many people who still have a land line phone besides some of my family members. My cell phone is password protected but I can use it in an emergency when it's locked. Plus I think a lot of children already know how to use cell phones or have one themselves.

It's already been five months since I had my first seizure.That went by very fast it feels like it's been longer than that.

Last night I had a dream that I was holding Lindzy's nephew and I think he was crying? After I put him over my shoulder he stopped. Hopefully Roxy won't cry when I hold her. <3 I still can't believe I'm going to be an aunt in just over two weeks!!!! :happydance: :shock: I'm still getting used it. :haha:

Almost forgot to ask, does anyone any home remedies to get rid of facial hair?

Guess what I now weigh 124.6!!!! :happydance: I weighed myself at my mom's aunts today and I'm surprised at that. I've lost 4 lbs since the last time I weighed myself at her house which was either at the end of March or last month.I can't remember and I'm honestly not trying to lose anymore weight. I have gained more muscle on my biceps though. :thumbup:

Congrats Tara! That's awesome news :)

Asking for prayers tonight if you are a praying person. A friend of a friend lost her two oldest children (Age 9 and 7) to a drunk driver today. Her other son (4 or 5) is on life support with cervical, lumbar and brain injuries. She also has an 8 or 9 month old to care for during all of this. I cannot imagine the shock she must be feeling.

I can't imagine it either. Losing a child or children must be one of the hardest things to go through. I don't understand why people drink and drive. :growlmad: At least have a dd, $ for a bus or cab or even walk home if it's close enough. There's no excuse to drive drunk.

This boy I went to high school with died as a result of drunk driving. I can't remember if he was drunk too in the car or just the driver. It happened quite a few years ago.

Asking for prayers tonight if you are a praying person. A friend of a friend lost her two oldest children (Age 9 and 7) to a drunk driver today. Her other son (4 or 5) is on life support with cervical, lumbar and brain injuries. She also has an 8 or 9 month old to care for during all of this. I cannot imagine the shock she must be feeling.

How terrible! :cry:

I will be keeping your friend in my thoughts. I'm sending lots of love her way. :cry:

May her children rest in peace.:angel:

This is so sad. I can't even imagine the shock and heartbreak that she is going through right now. :cry:
I can't believe anyone would be irresponsible enough to drive drunk. She and her family will be in my thoughts. I hope that her children are resting in peace and that she gets the justice she deserves. :angel:

How tragic. My heart breaks for her, I do hope she gets the peace and support.she needs.

Prayers and good thoughts going to your friend and her family. I can't imagine how she must feel right now. I hope her son is able to make a full recovery.

Sending you lots of :hugs: as well.

I don't know many people who still have a land line phone besides some of my family members. My cell phone is password protected but I can use it in an emergency when it's locked. Plus I think a lot of children already know how to use cell phones or have one themselves.

Yeah, that's true. They were talking more about young children (like under the age of 5) whose parents normally have a password on their phone to keep them from messing around with it. :haha:

If something were to happen to me when Isla was older and she didn't know how to unlock my cell phone or couldn't find it (or the batter was dead), then she couldn't call for help. If you have a landline, it is pretty easy to teach them where the phone is and how to call 911.

On the bright side, Lindzys nephew was born not even an hour ago at 8:20!! I told her congrats and that soon it'll be her in the hospital. :haha:

How was everyone's weekend? Mine was good, went to visit my grandma Saturday. She's doing good and was in a good mood. It's still hard to understand what she's saying sometimes though.

Today I couldn't resists buying another onesie for Roxy. :blush: It's pink and says "good things come in small packages". :cloud9: It was only 94 cents and on the clearance rack. :thumbup:

So how is everyone else doing?

Sounds great Tara!

We are doing well here. The weather has finally cleared up a bit and we have been swimming the last few days. Getting ready to head to the lake Thursday night for the weekend. Our friend's dad has a cabin and invited us down to hang out with them on the boat. It is a much needed get away.

I want to thank you for your prayers. I've been following my friend's friend and it looks like her son (who is 3 as I found out) is starting to show a few improvements. Far from out of the woods, but it is a start.

Hope everyone is having a nice week!

Hi ladies can I join looking like my date could be pushed to dec 2016 so in here for the long haul now.

Sounds great Tara!

We are doing well here. The weather has finally cleared up a bit and we have been swimming the last few days. Getting ready to head to the lake Thursday night for the weekend. Our friend's dad has a cabin and invited us down to hang out with them on the boat. It is a much needed get away.

I want to thank you for your prayers. I've been following my friend's friend and it looks like her son (who is 3 as I found out) is starting to show a few improvements. Far from out of the woods, but it is a start.

Hope everyone is having a nice week!

I'm so glad that your friend's son is starting to do well. Keeping their family in my thoughts and prayers.

Have a great time away!

Hi ladies can I join looking like my date could be pushed to dec 2016 so in here for the long haul now.

Welcome :hi:

Terrible loss of those two children, life altering for the family. Cant even imagine the shock and devastation

Ive been to endocrinology today, things are looking promising as im having for the first time in my life a natural 28 day cycle. We agreed on an appointment for a year, when we'll have been TTC for 6 months see if im preggo or if theyll offer help at that point. Had my bloods taken, will be going back sooner if they arent normal, but theres nothing to suggest otherwise.

Got weigh in tonight over 2.5 stone off since Jan, hopefully a couple more pounds tonight. Woman on a mission!

What is endocrinology?

It feels like I'm more tired when I'm out in the sun with the medication I'm on. Plus yesterday morning we had a thunderstorm around 2 so that woke me up. The lightening was pretty much flashing in my room and the thunder was really loud. I love thunderstorms though. <3

Have fun on your vacation kk!

Hello! I actually already had you on our list so must have popped in at some other time...but welcome back :) Sorry to hear your date may be pushed back. Is there a reason for needing to wait longer? I hope it goes by quickly for you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->