Waiting and waiting....2020 Mommas to be

kksy9b

Loving my 2 boys and baby girl!
Reaction score
Hi everyone! I have been a part of several waiting threads over the years and have found so much support and understanding in them. I'm just getting active back on bnb after about 2 years off so I'm not sure how active the forum is anymore. But I would love to create a spot for us to connect and get to know one another and help each other through the wait. I've titled this as a WTT for 2020 but really anyone is welcome.

A bit of an introduction. My name is Kaity. I have been on and off active on bnb for the last 6 years or so, starting off in WTT before my first. I have 2 beautiful boys who are 5 and 2. Ever since my youngest was born I wanted another but my DH was firmly set on no. A few days ago he told me we can go for #3! I didn't really think he would ever change his mind but so happy that he did. We are waiting until next summer to start trying for a couple of reasons. First, we both need to lose weight (I lost about half of what I gained my last pregnancy but due to some depression issues last year wound up gaining all of that back). Also, from the beginning I wanted to put an extra year between DS2 and #3. I had a really rough pregnancy last time and thought it would be best to do it again with my youngest just a bit older. There is also a trip next June that I really want to take without being pregnant. It will be my and DH's first trip alone (that's more than one overnight) in, at that point, 7 years. So my tentative TTC date is June of next year but it may wind up being July or August just depending on how we are feeling once we get there.

I am kind of nervous to be honest. I know from experience that the next year will go by so quickly and I'm definitely not ready right now to be pregnant again but also really really excited to add our last little babe (this will DEFINITELY be our last).

In any case, please introduce yourself and let me know a bit more about yourself and your story!

I've done this in other threads and it's fun so I thought we could keep a list going.

:yellow: TTC/NTNP :yellow:
svaughn8814 (TTC #2)
MKaykes (TTC #2)

:yellow: 2019 :yellow:

July:
Thorpedo11 (TTC #3)

August:

Bean85 (TTC #1)

October:
Pineberry (TTC #1)

December:
TWOTOTANGO (TTC #1)

:yellow:
2020 :yellow:

February:

GraceER (TTC #2)

June:
kksy9b (TTC #3)

September:

Stargazing (TTC #1)

:yellow: Unknown :yellow:

Last edited:
You can add me to the list as we will start trying early 2020 (as in right in January) or even earlier than that! Cant believe I am typing these words but just had a conversation with my boyfriend about it earlier today & he seems so ready for it now (unlike a year ago) and agreed we can start trying later this year or beginning next year! I am SOOO thrilled!!

I am 27, turning 28 in November, my bf is 33 and we have been together for close to 3 years! He is my world, my rock, my everything and it is hands down the best relationship I have ever been in. No question in my mind that he will be such a great daddy to our kiddos. Hopefully an engagement is coming in the next 3-4 months!

Next step for us will be to check out if we are both 100% healthy fertility wise. We are going to get his sperm checked some time in the summer, and I will have a thorough check at the end of May.

I have been having babyfever for the past 2 years now and at times it got really hard to bear. Which is why I am all the more thrilled that we finally have a set timeline. I cannot wait to become a mommy & finally start that new exciting chapter of our lives!!

Hey! may as well add me to the list for september :)

I'm stargazing. I'm 27 and my TCC date is currently september 2020 but who knows.... that's just the goal. I've had chronic baby fever for a longgg 7 years now. I'm pretty sick of waiting to be honest. So i've set a date!

I also made a thread on the first trimester page if you guys want to add to it- I was asking the women what I should add on my list of things to do before TTC. I would like to spend this time WTT being productive and helpful to when I get pregnant. It also makes me feel more in control and closer to my goals. Basically it's to kill time ](*,) what are everyones goals before TTC date?! :D

I'm excited to make some friends on here who understand and are in the same boat :)

xx

Hello! :hi: I'm not waiting until 2020 to TTC, we have just decided to start trying this year. I just wanted to chime in and tell you that I completely understand about the age gap from your 2 year old and your next. Last year, I had a 2 year old and knew that I wanted at least another year in between. I also just did not feel ready to try. I think you'll be right where you need to be in 2020! I think I'm really going to enjoy the 4 year age gap (if all goes as planned on our end). Good luck!! I'll be following! :D

Pineberry- hello! It's nice to meet you! I got you updated on the list! Congrats on making the decision to start trying for your first! It's crazy how much difference a year can make and I'm glad you all are on the same page. Fingers crossed for an engagement coming soon too! Have you all talked about getting married and when you'd like to? It's hard when you have baby fever and your OH isn't ready yet (We waited I think 5.5 years after we got married before getting pregnant with our first.) But trust me that once you're pregnant, and especially once baby is here that wait seems like it went by so fast. How many are you hoping to have in total?

Stargazing- welcome, its great to meet you! i've got you on the list for September! Ugh 7 years is SO long...I'm happy for you that you're in the home stretch! What have been your goals you've been working towards? My main goal was in my DH agreeing to another hehe. But really, the main one is losing weight and getting DS2 potty trained before getting pregnant (will probably start this summer). The biggest thing I can suggest is to lose any weight that you are wanting to, start on folic acid right away if you aren't already and at least 3 months before trying to start taking prenatals.

svaughn- hello! It's great to see you here! You are more than welcome to join in! let me know what month you're hoping to start trying (or if you already are) and I'll add you to a 2019 list. And yes, I think having a 4 year gap will be amazing. My two are 2 years 9 months apart and while it was fine, there is a huge difference between a not quite 3 year old and a 4 year old. How many kiddos are you hoping to have?

Are you ladies hoping for boys or girls? Any names picked out? We have 2 boys so I would love the chance to parent a girl (and DH really wants a girl). But, I wanted 2 boys and got them and think I'm a pretty good "boy mom" so one more boy thrown into the crazy is fine with me too :)

Pineberry- hello! It's nice to meet you! I got you updated on the list! Congrats on making the decision to start trying for your first! It's crazy how much difference a year can make and I'm glad you all are on the same page. Fingers crossed for an engagement coming soon too! Have you all talked about getting married and when you'd like to? It's hard when you have baby fever and your OH isn't ready yet (We waited I think 5.5 years after we got married before getting pregnant with our first.) But trust me that once you're pregnant, and especially once baby is here that wait seems like it went by so fast. How many are you hoping to have in total?

Thanks for your kind message. You seem so lovely. Its really nice to meet you too & am excited to become an active member on this wonderful board.

We sure have talked about getting married but decided that we aren´t in a hurry at all; I think we will get engaged this year & probably stay engaged for a while. We are going to save money hardcore now and hopefully in Summer 2021 we will be able to afford a nice wedding :)

Ideally, to be honest I would love at least 3 kiddos (maybe 4!). I think I would spread them out though, so maybe have like at least 2 year gaps inbetween. The idea of a semi-big family, christmas eves in a full house surrounded by our beautiful kids, just seems to wonderful to me.

Are you ladies hoping for boys or girls?

I have a gut feeling our first will be a girl and my bf is convinced that our first will be a boy! Lets see who will be the one that was right! I dont mind either way though, both the thought of a son as well as a daughter is fantastic. Ideally 2 boys, 2 girls! But that would take a lot of luck :)

Ohhh and exciting update for me- after a talk with my partner today, we decided on October 2019 to be the first month for us to try!! So unreal to type this. But I guess you could move me upward on the list then :)

Hi Kksy9b!!! Happy to see you over here. ❤️

Hope all is well!

Hi!!
We are TTC August 2019 but love to see your updates, I have been on and off here since having my little boy 2011! This will be baby no2, took us so long to decide whether to go for second baby mainly financially and lack of childcare. Hoping now we're in a better position & really excited ( also wishing the months away) I'm finishing my second degree September hence reason for waiting :)
Nice to be back

Stargazing- welcome, its great to meet you! i've got you on the list for September! Ugh 7 years is SO long...I'm happy for you that you're in the home stretch! What have been your goals you've been working towards? My main goal was in my DH agreeing to another hehe. But really, the main one is losing weight and getting DS2 potty trained before getting pregnant (will probably start this summer). The biggest thing I can suggest is to lose any weight that you are wanting to, start on folic acid right away if you aren't already and at least 3 months before trying to start taking prenatals.

svaughn- hello! It's great to see you here! You are more than welcome to join in! let me know what month you're hoping to start trying (or if you already are) and I'll add you to a 2019 list. And yes, I think having a 4 year gap will be amazing. My two are 2 years 9 months apart and while it was fine, there is a huge difference between a not quite 3 year old and a 4 year old. How many kiddos are you hoping to have?

Are you ladies hoping for boys or girls? Any names picked out? We have 2 boys so I would love the chance to parent a girl (and DH really wants a girl). But, I wanted 2 boys and got them and think I'm a pretty good "boy mom" so one more boy thrown into the crazy is fine with me too :)

I am TTC starting this month! I only want 2 at the moment. That could change but I feel pretty set on 2 kiddos. I've got a little girl so I'm hoping for a boy this time around! My husband is such an outdoorsy type and he would love to have a son to tag along with him and do boy stuff. lol I love having girls too. They don't seem to be as physical and destructive as boys but they are VERY emotional!

Pineberry- Oh a summer wedding will be wonderful. And saving up so that you can do everything that you are hoping for will be worth the wait! And 4 kids would be amazing! Lots of work but worth it to get that bigger family that you are hoping for! Wahoo for an earlier start day!! Only 6 more months to go! What made you all bring your date forward? I've got you updated on the list!

Thorpedo- so good to see you again too!! How have you been? Crazy that we are hopping back on this journey again! Is this going to be your last baby or are you hoping for more?

Bean- welcome back! I've added you to the list and look forward to getting to know you more! Congrats on deciding to go for another one! Does your DS want a little sibling? That will be nice having a bigger gap because he will be able to be a lot more involved.What is your degree work in?

svaughn- oh yea!! congratulations on getting to start now! I'll get you updated on our list as trying now!! As you (and others) get pregnant, I'll add some more sections to this list so we can know where everyone is. Are you tracking your cycles at all or taking a more casual approach?

Pineberry- Oh a summer wedding will be wonderful. And saving up so that you can do everything that you are hoping for will be worth the wait! And 4 kids would be amazing! Lots of work but worth it to get that bigger family that you are hoping for! Wahoo for an earlier start day!! Only 6 more months to go! What made you all bring your date forward? I've got you updated on the list!

Thorpedo- so good to see you again too!! How have you been? Crazy that we are hopping back on this journey again! Is this going to be your last baby or are you hoping for more?

Bean- welcome back! I've added you to the list and look forward to getting to know you more! Congrats on deciding to go for another one! Does your DS want a little sibling? That will be nice having a bigger gap because he will be able to be a lot more involved.What is your degree work in?

svaughn- oh yea!! congratulations on getting to start now! I'll get you updated on our list as trying now!! As you (and others) get pregnant, I'll add some more sections to this list so we can know where everyone is. Are you tracking your cycles at all or taking a more casual approach?

I'm still trying to decide...maybe a little of both? lol I want it to happen pretty quick so I will probably do a lot of tracking but also not put too much stress on it.

Thankyou! It's nice to be back. He does want a sibling only recently though, I think now his friends at school have brothers and sisters he's started to ask. It does worry me such a big change with it only being the 3 of us for so long!
I am a children's nurse but I'm doing an additional years degree in school nursing to have better hours for childcare :)

Hi all!! Thankyou for this thread KK I love the idea! WTT can get really lonely!!

I am having my implant removed in December this year and we will immediately start trying for our first. I'm not sure how it all works but I figure I probably will have to wait for a period so our first official month will probably be Jan 2020, or maybe it's December 2019. Not sure. I'll be 30 in January, and hubby will be 27 in December. May this year we will be married 1 year! We have had a rough year, I moved to America from New Zealand then he lost his job but Thankfully it was very short lived but it encouraged us to pay off all our debts first, so we are on track to be there by Decemebr, kicking Sallie May out lol. Both of us have been in our new jobs a short time, him 3 months and me 2 so we want to wait a few more months before starting to TTC till we are nice and settled in at work. We are planning a baby shower for someone at work and I was walking through Target today looking for a gift to take. Wow the baby fever looking at all the cute clothes is unbearable!! My baby fever is at an all time high!! I'm so excited and I hope time just flies by!! Can't wait!!

Please add me in! My husband has finally agreed to try for a second next year. Hopefully TTC February 2020

hi all! i haven't forgotten you, it's just been so busy this week and then both my kids got sick....just quickly popping on and I'll get on after the boys are in bed to catch up properly!

:hi: I'm in the WTT/NTNP category! If no pregnancy by the end of the year we'll be transferring one of our frozen embryos.

My son (our only) is 9 months old. He was conceived after 2 years trying naturally, 4 failed IUIs, IVF and 1 failed embryo transfer. I don't anticipate a naturally occurring pregnancy after that but it could happen! My period hasn't returned yet, I'm weaning off the breast pump (freezer stash ready through 12 months, yea!) So I'm patiently waiting, it's been a pleasant year and a half not dealing with the witch! So certainly no formal "trying" until I can start tracking again.

We're hoping to have #2 by the end of 2020 when DS is 2!

svaughn- i think that sounds like a great idea! not too stressful but still keeping some idea of when you need to dtd. i temped before getting pregnant with my last but it was only to make sure I was actually ovulating (cycles were messed up and took 6 months of vitex and vit b to get it sorted). low stress is definitely key!

bean- oh that's amazing! not too much longer before you're done with school! what kind of hours will you be able to get once you're done? And it will be a change for sure to go from 3 to 4 but with him being older I'm sure he will be such a big help and able to appreciate more having a little sibling. Are you hoping for a specific gender?

twototango- welcome!!! I've added you on our list! I put you as December of 2019 but can always move if I need to when it gets closer! Wow, that sounds like a rough go this past year but that there have been a lot of blessings to come out of it. Congratulations on making the decision to move to being debt free. Money doesn't buy happiness but having financial security and all that stress gone is life changing. Keep up the great work and you should definitely go out for a celebratory dinner once that final bill is paid off! What do you do for work? Aw, going through the baby section can really make baby fever flair but also gives a great outlet for all that excitement too I think! I'm in that section a lot since I still have one in diapers and last week just took a minute to look through some of the newborn clothes. It's crazy how tiny they are and all of the happiness (and work!) these little guys brings. Though I am proud of myself that I didn't ACTUALLY buy anything....but I was tempted lol.

Grace- welcome and I've added you on and good to see you! I followed along in your journal (I dont remember if I lurked or posted lol) when you were TTC last time. How have you been? How old is your LO now?

Mkaykeys- hello! it's great to meet you! I've got you added to our list! Oh wow, I'm so sorry that you've had to walk through infertility but so happy for you that your little boy is here in your arms. Do you mind me asking if you have a diagnosis for the infertility? If you'd prefer not to talk about it, that's fine too! And while you don't anticipate an unassisted pregnancy, I will still cross my fingers and toes for you that it happens! How many frozen embryos do you have? Definitely one of my top 3 things I like about pregnancy is the witch vacating the premises for awhile lol. With my oldest, it came back at like 6 or 7 months but my youngest was....uh... right around a year? It's terrible but I just don't remember as much with him as my oldest...second child issues.

AFM, all is going great! AF showed up yesterday so this will be my first cycle actually monitoring and tracking. I haven't had my usual ovulation symptoms for at least 5-6 months. I'm still getting a period but a lot of those months haven't been as (TMI) heavy or clotty as usual. My cycles got really wonky in between my pregnancies and it took just short of a year to get them back in track. I'm thinking this fall of going back to my OB and asking for a monitored cycle to check hormone levels if things aren't back to normal by then. I want to be sure to have plenty of time for any treatments if needed.

In any case, I hope everyone is having a great week! Any fun plans for this weekend? My DH is hosting a big charity event for Saturday and then Sunday is Mothers Day (which I actually just remembered... i will have to get something out the door tomorrow or Friday for my mom/grandmas!). We are a week into a 2 month run of basically nonstop stuff booked. All fun but stressing a bit making sure everything is lined up and ready to go!

svaughn- i think that sounds like a great idea! not too stressful but still keeping some idea of when you need to dtd. i temped before getting pregnant with my last but it was only to make sure I was actually ovulating (cycles were messed up and took 6 months of vitex and vit b to get it sorted). low stress is definitely key!

bean- oh that's amazing! not too much longer before you're done with school! what kind of hours will you be able to get once you're done? And it will be a change for sure to go from 3 to 4 but with him being older I'm sure he will be such a big help and able to appreciate more having a little sibling. Are you hoping for a specific gender?

twototango- welcome!!! I've added you on our list! I put you as December of 2019 but can always move if I need to when it gets closer! Wow, that sounds like a rough go this past year but that there have been a lot of blessings to come out of it. Congratulations on making the decision to move to being debt free. Money doesn't buy happiness but having financial security and all that stress gone is life changing. Keep up the great work and you should definitely go out for a celebratory dinner once that final bill is paid off! What do you do for work? Aw, going through the baby section can really make baby fever flair but also gives a great outlet for all that excitement too I think! I'm in that section a lot since I still have one in diapers and last week just took a minute to look through some of the newborn clothes. It's crazy how tiny they are and all of the happiness (and work!) these little guys brings. Though I am proud of myself that I didn't ACTUALLY buy anything....but I was tempted lol.

Grace- welcome and I've added you on and good to see you! I followed along in your journal (I dont remember if I lurked or posted lol) when you were TTC last time. How have you been? How old is your LO now?

Mkaykeys- hello! it's great to meet you! I've got you added to our list! Oh wow, I'm so sorry that you've had to walk through infertility but so happy for you that your little boy is here in your arms. Do you mind me asking if you have a diagnosis for the infertility? If you'd prefer not to talk about it, that's fine too! And while you don't anticipate an unassisted pregnancy, I will still cross my fingers and toes for you that it happens! How many frozen embryos do you have? Definitely one of my top 3 things I like about pregnancy is the witch vacating the premises for awhile lol. With my oldest, it came back at like 6 or 7 months but my youngest was....uh... right around a year? It's terrible but I just don't remember as much with him as my oldest...second child issues.

AFM, all is going great! AF showed up yesterday so this will be my first cycle actually monitoring and tracking. I haven't had my usual ovulation symptoms for at least 5-6 months. I'm still getting a period but a lot of those months haven't been as (TMI) heavy or clotty as usual. My cycles got really wonky in between my pregnancies and it took just short of a year to get them back in track. I'm thinking this fall of going back to my OB and asking for a monitored cycle to check hormone levels if things aren't back to normal by then. I want to be sure to have plenty of time for any treatments if needed.

In any case, I hope everyone is having a great week! Any fun plans for this weekend? My DH is hosting a big charity event for Saturday and then Sunday is Mothers Day (which I actually just remembered... i will have to get something out the door tomorrow or Friday for my mom/grandmas!). We are a week into a 2 month run of basically nonstop stuff booked. All fun but stressing a bit making sure everything is lined up and ready to go!

I will work Monday- Friday 8:30-4:30 untill I break up for maternity then hopefully I can go back 4 days a week, it is a flexible job so I can leave early to work from home etc. My husband works shifts so thankfully some week days he's off for childcare. I would love a girl so that we'd have one of each but equally I think 2 boys would be lovely, I don't mind but I can tell he would love a daughter.
It's just waiting these next 3 month it's so hard!

bean- that sounds like a great schedule and wonderful that its so flexible! Have you started thinking of any names?

How is everyone doing? Any fun plans for this weekend? I'm heading out of town to see my oldest niece graduate from high school :cry: I'm so proud of her but wow...how is she already an adult!?!

In any case, we found out tonight that my oldest has mono. Thankful there is an explanation for his poor attitude this week but feeling terrible for him that he has to go through it. I know it takes 4-6 weeks to clear and praying he's on the 4 week end of it. I'm sure the my youngest will get it too since there is a 100% chance he has been exposed (literally in the doctor office he grabbed DS1 drink and took a drink sigh). Otherwise all is well here! AF left but my bbt thermometer battery died (not surprising since it hasn't been used in 3 years!) so I still need to get that replaced. Hoping to do so by this weekend so I can try and catch ovulation next week. With the weird cycles lately it will be nice to start getting some data collected to make sure everything looks good!

Hope you have a great rest of your week!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->