Waiting and waiting....2020 Mommas to be

kksy - sorry your little guy has mono! I've had friends who had it in college, can't imagine such a little one with it. Hopefully he's through the worst of it.

Hope you had a nice mother's day!

My infertility I think was related to endometriosis that was discovered through my workups. My hormone levels showed diminished ovarian reserve. I don't recall my actual numbers, but dr said that of someone closer to 50 rather than mid 30s. DH also had lowest normal range for motility so I'm thinking just not enough to make up for aby of my issues. We did ICSI which I think really improved our results, and I responded very well to the protocol they used (the most aggressive) without side effects! We had 4 embryos after the chromosome testing, 3 "normal" and 1 "undetermined." Found out during my pregnancy 2 female and 1 male and then the one we arent aren't sure of. First transfer was a girl then our son. So we have the "undetermined" and a girl left! I said I wanted 4 good embryos, 2 attempts each for 2 babies and got just that!

We're enjoying a weekend on the North Carolina coast for a family wedding. Baby did great on the flight and being off schedule. We're enjoying the sun and heat after a long Minnesota winter!

Congrats on your nieces graduation. Time flies when you're having fun!! Its been a restful Saturday here! Yay. Off tomorrow to Celebrate MIL birthday and then Monday is our 1 year wedding anniversary. Hubby agreed to let me take out the implant in Sept and NTNP till December when we will actively start trying if not pregnant! Would love to get pregnant in November though!!

Tango congrats on your 1 year anniversary! Exciting that you've got a plan for removing the bc!

Told a few of my close friends as well as my mom that we are gonna start trying in October. Originally I was planning to keep it a total secret but man, Im just too excited not to share, and I tell my mom everything anyway. They are all sooo thrilled for us! Having these people in your life who are so excited for you, and rooting for you, makes it all the more special!!

We are *possibly* moving our TTC timeline earlier than planned - i.e. maybe August or September. My mom suggested trying sooner than October because getting pregnant in October/September/Nov would mean being super-pregnant during summer which can be really challenging with the heat and all, and it does get super hot here in Southern Europe in summer. My boyfriend is not 100% sure about trying sooner than October but said he would think about it.

I remember starting the thread for the WTT 2016 group! I cannot believe I’m back in here. I had some issues during pregnancy and early days with my little girl which made me afraid of having another. We were considering being one and done but my daughter’s second birthday party last weekend has changed my mind. My brothers were there and my niece and nephew and it made me so sad to think she would grow up without a sibling.

Our plan originally was to start trying on December this year but suddenly I just don’t feel like waiting that long. So we will be trying August of this year right after getting back from a trip to Peru in July.

I am actually really excited now that I’ve decided to go for it. I can’t wait for my little girl to meet her brother or sister and for us to experience all the wonderful things I had planned as a family of four instead of three.

Can I add my name to the list? I do not know what month exactly, but my husband told me we could try in Fall of 2020. This will be #6. I have 5 boys already and a grandson. He is my avatar pic, but is nearing 3. My boys are 25, 22, 13, 13, and 9.

My husband out of the blue told me he wants another baby and he has been thinking more and more about it. He would like me to lose weight, get my hormone levels more normal or as normal as they can be with having hypothyroidism and pcos. He also would like to have me finish school before the baby is born. I should graduate in December 2020.

I am in school for Early Childhood Education. I will be dual licensed to teach regular and special ed from birth to 3rd grade. I have always wanted to be a teacher and didn't think I would be able to even go to college. I am now one semester done as a Senior and have more than enough credits to graduate. I just have so many classes I need to take for my degree that those do not even matter. But it is all good as I will be very qualified to teach. Every semester since starting in the program I have hours in the field. My first semester was 75 hours in a head start classroom with 4 year olds, the second was 50 hoursin a kindergarten classroom and 50 hours in a infant room at a daycare. These next semesters I actually do lead teaching weeks. Last semester was 150 hours in a 4 year old preschool classroom. Next semester I will be doing 300 hours in an early intervention classroom which I will be working with babies to 3 with developmental delays. The semester after that will be 100 hours in a second or third grade classroom and also working alongside a special education teacher. Then will be my final student teaching semester.

How exciting Symphony and mom2pne to be planning for your family additions!

As for me, I got my first postpartum period! Right on track from my last pumping session! Fingers crossed they come regularly right away, I was getting tired of always wondering if it would appear as I dropped pumping sessions. As much as I enjoyed not dealing ekrh that for the last 19 months, I'm excited to start tracking again and prepare for baby #2!

Hi ladies! Hope you don't mind me joining. I am 28, dh is 32. We have a 6 year old DD and a 3 year old DS. Our son took effort to conceive for sure and during that time we had two losses, 6 weeks and a 12 week MMC.

I really thought we were done. I have kinda wanted 3, I was not ready for DH to get a vasectomy and have periods off/on of being emotional about not having another. Then this month, we had an oopsie...and I had a chemical pregnancy. This made my baby fever even worse. DH doesn't feel the same way I do, no baby fever really, but hates that he put me through this and says he would be happy if we had a 3rd. He agrees that it was unlikely to happen since we have never had an accident or 1st try pregnancy before. It all seemed like a sign. So, as long as we are okay and nothing crazy has happened by June of next year, we will start TTC #3 then.

I'm taking this time to get healthy, lose some extra pounds, and in March I will start taking supplements for my egg quality. During testing in 2015, we found that I have low egg quality (likely causing my losses), and I also have hypothyroidism and MTHFR. So I am of course nervous but hoping that if I do everything right knowing that, it will go easier this time, even though I'll be 29.

Nice to meet you all!

Ahh so many new soon-to-be-TTC ladies, how exciting!! So stoked to be able to share all the experiences with one another!

Our month to try will be September. 3 months left!! And my app (clue) already tells me when I will ovulate that month & it will be 3rd-5th September so right at the beginning of the month! So thrilleeed!

We both already live quite a healthy lifestyle but now more than ever I make sure to be as healthy as possible, and also make sure HE is as healthy as possible. I am making him healthy shakes with Maca powder and berries and all that good stuff. So hopefully his sperm is as amazing as possible in September!

Meant to write “our month to start TTC” not our “Month to try” :p

Aw great, welcome. What made him change his mind?

you know I’m not 100% sure. He was so adamant it was a no for so long. We had one long emotional argument where I was crying telling him how much this means to me and suddenly two days later he comes back to me and says ok fine one more!

Grace- welcome and I've added you on and good to see you! I followed along in your journal (I dont remember if I lurked or posted lol) when you were TTC last time. How have you been? How old is your LO now?

I do remember!! My little Phoebe is 2.5 now if you can believe it!! Time has really flown by. I don’t know if you remember but Endo was a bit issue for me and particularly struggling with severe pain during TTC so I’m likely to have similar issues again

Time is flying! We are 89 days away from me getting my implant removed. We are trying to sneak in a trip to Cancun or Iceland before December though. My husband and some friends and family have really eased my mind in regards to daycare with a child, my mom has said she will visit for 6 months here in America and then my MIL will look after our kids after. Daycare is just so expensive and I love my job and want to work so staying at home is not an option, has anyone else thought about these things before having kids or am I just too much of a control freak lol. I have started taking my vitamins more consistently now, I would sometimes forget a day here or there before but been pretty good here lately. A friend of mine is on to her 7th month of TTC and it scares me that we may struggle too but we won't know until we try. Just going to save, take a trip and yeah wait it out.

Ha ha Tango, I was emailing providers in my neighborhood before we conceived, so you're not alone! That's awesome that you'll have family available to help out. We pay just under $200 a week currently and are switching in July which will be about $100 more! Infant care is hard to find in my area and is SOO expensive! I am increasing from 3 to 5 days a week to pay for it!

Haha I start before we TTC planning and buying everything. I did before my daughter and now we have decided on number two I’m already starting the nursery and have bought a new (used) double stroller and we don’t start til next month.

This waiting thing is noooot fun at all 8-[ Even though it is only like 2 full months left until it´s September (the month we agreed to start TTC), it feels like nature is calling more loudly than ever & my ovaries are basically screaming at me to become pregnant ASAP :lol: I legit tear up at the thought of having our own little one.

Symphony7 - I am exactly like you!. I also like to prepare everything wayyyy before. I´m already checking out nursery styles & have bought little pieces of clothing here and there (nothing too overboard I swear haha just like some adorable onesies). Already checking out baby stores & which ones have the best reviews and such. Even stuff that is WAYYY ahead in the future, like what type of nutrition is best for a toddler aged 2 to 4 :-=:D ya Im crazy!

But for now I´m living as healthily as I can (low carb, high fat/protein diet with tons of delicious vegetables), working out 3-4 times a week, & both of us taking folic acid every day.

I love the fact that he seems more excited for it for each day that passes; little things such as not having to remind him to take his folic acid because he will think of it himself, brainstorming ideas how we are going to tell his parents and family, mentioning baby stuff here and there.....

So excited.. :yellow:

It's great to see others waiting to try doing research too. Pineberry, we will start TTC the same month! How exciting! My mum sent us some elevit from Australia because she thinks it's the best pre-natal, hey I won't complain. So we have been taking those and it's got quite a bit of folic acid in it, I am also taking Iron as my levels tend to drop some times so if I keep up with ferrograd I am good, I have dropped my coffee to once a day in the morning, I think I soon will start one day coffee one day decaf till I can completely stop it. Hubby has been going to the gym for years now and I just recently started joining him 3 days a week, we have been trying our best to get 3litres of water in a day, but working on it daily.

Hubby is so so excited, he keeps asking me to get my implant taken out now and if it happens sooner then it's okay. If he sees families out walking with children he will say he can't wait till we can get buggys to walk our children and go riding on bikes with them, he is not interested in buying the cute baby things but more doing things with the kids, which warms my heart plenty! Lots of people in the neighborhood walking children in those pulling things that looks like a toy box on wheels lol. He has done some research into daycare if we choose to go that direction as they have one at the hospital he works at, which makes it convenient but I think family is a great option too.

I have not purchased any baby things for us and won't be till we conceive, I've been told by too many it's jinxing it so as much as I want to, I will wait. A really good friend of mine is having her baby shower in 2 weeks so I am so excited and have got some baby care and onesies and booties for her little girl. I love the name she is giving her baby, Jemma Rose. Jemma was always a name I loved but she got it first and I wouldn't use it now anymore. I have another girl name though that I love and it's a family name so not saying that one out loud!

Pineberry, we will start TTC the same month! How exciting!

Ohhh awesome I love it!! I will be following your journey on here for sure. So nice to meet you! I’m beyond excited for the both of us, can’t wait to move to the TTC section of this forum together haha! :dance:

Hubby is so so excited, he keeps asking me to get my implant taken out now and if it happens sooner then it's okay. If he sees families out walking with children he will say he can't wait till we can get buggys to walk our children and go riding on bikes with them, he is not interested in buying the cute baby things but more doing things with the kids, which warms my heart plenty! Lots of people in the neighborhood walking children in those pulling things that looks like a toy box on wheels lol. He has done some research into daycare if we choose to go that direction as they have one at the hospital he works at, which makes it convenient but I think family is a great option too.

Wow, your man is definitely more in dad-mode already than mine is! I’m jelly! Mine for sure isn’t VERY vocal about his "feelings", like he never comments stuff like that (about not being able to wait until we can walk our kids or go on bike rides etc.) when we see families/babies outside. I also can’t picture him doing research on daycares and all, at least not while Im not preggy yet. He even said that he will be much more in "dad mode" and excited once I actually am pregnant (he’s very type A and "pragmatic" so I think it’s hard for him to be really like "into" something that isn’t present/reality yet). But I am definitely noticing his excitement in the little things he does that I mentioned above. He’s just not as *open* about it as yours is :sad1: but thats OK, every guy is different I suppose!

I have not purchased any baby things for us and won't be till we conceive, I've been told by too many it's jinxing it so as much as I want to, I will wait.

Ahh really hope thats not the case! Although, last time I purchased baby items was like a year ago when we didn’t even know when we would be starting TTC yet. So I hope the universe will have mercy with me - Struggling to conceive or having any type of infertility is one of my biggest fears!

A really good friend of mine is having her baby shower in 2 weeks so I am so excited and have got some baby care and onesies and booties for her little girl. I love the name she is giving her baby, Jemma Rose. Jemma was always a name I loved but she got it first and I wouldn't use it now anymore. I have another girl name though that I love and it's a family name so not saying that one out loud!

Jemma sure is a cute name. If our first is a girl we are pretty set on the name Sophia! :) Always loved that name (also happens to be my middle name) and its not THAT common around here where I live (Portugal).

Hello! I might as well join here :) I have four kids and my youngest is 7 months. We haven't decided on when to start trying, but the only "protection" we are using is pulling out so I don't know if that classifies as ntnp or if I should be under "unknown start date". I'm really starting to feel ready for another pregnancy soon but haven't gotten my period back yet so not much to plan from yet. I have gotten pregnant using the pull out method once before so we know its not very safe, but I would love a sibling close in age with our youngest since her older siblings are, well, older. I love being pregnant and giving birth and can't wait until I get to do it all again! My friend recently told me she is pregnant with her first child and it would be so much fun to have a baby born in the same year (2020) which I hope is gonna be the birth year of our #5. Trying to get my mind of pregnancy, but I tend to get pretty addicted once I get my mind set on it ;) Would love a bfp before the end of the year, but don't know if hubby is up for it already. So good that there is a place to write about this stuff! I haven't told anyone I want another one and will probably not tell anyone until I'm pregnant and had my first scan. If I get pregnant again. Not taking it for granted!

August 7th. Dr appt set, my implant is coming out!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->