Waiting for AF after M/C, anyone else? OCBM

Linny- We get lots of bding sessions in already!! Nearly a year since we Started trying... Getting sick of all the negativity in it all.

xxx

Linny - Yay for being in the system. :) I think I'm 2 dpo now. If FF gives me crosshairs tomorrow, I'll call the docs for my blood work. Hope they can get me in 1 or 2 days before Christmas. You have a lot to do. I hope you can find some time to rest and enjoy Christmas!

Blue - :growlmad: I still hope it's just being evasive.

Ljs - I'm glad the spotting has just about stopped and you're feeling more reassured.

Lindsay - Glad your headache went away. Enjoy your time off!

LL - I've had a hard time finding the time to bake this year too so far. I hope something gives so I can get started.

I hope everyone is well!

Blue - I just remembered you swilling about in man juices! I can see why after a year it would be starting to feel pretty negative...Although, I know that's not that uncommon, it's still rubbish....Do you think you'll change anything in future cycles? You were trying the isoflavones weren't you? Did they have much of an effect? The thing I read great stuff about was Black Cohosh, I think I mentioned it before, but - I guess it would be all too easy to end up as a walking experiment during cycles! X

Cryss - Congrats on being in the tww! (I can't remember though - were you trying this cycle or just tracking for bloodwork?) Hope you manage to get in for your bloods. The timing of them always seems so precarious to me! Be good to get that all sorted before the start of a new year!

X

I think just back to doctors in man I think surely they will help ! Xxxx

Blue - so sorry about your BFN. :( I'm sure you must be very discouraged. :hugs: The dr should definitely be willing to do something at this point.

Linny - weird that your nausea is getting worse now. That seems uncommon. I read something about if nausea starts after 10 weeks then it is NOT morning sickness and you should see a dr. But I don't know how it works if you had ms all along and it just gets worse....

Crys - I hope they can fit you in for blood tests before Christmas! And good luck getting some baking done!

AFM - my hCG from 6 w 3d was 38,762 so I am very pleased with that! Nausea/vomiting is persisting and I am feeling hopeful.

Lj- I sure hope the spotting has stopped for good now!

Hey Ladies

ljs glad to hear that the spotting is gone, and you're right it is normal around 8 weeks, so they say.. although no less worrisome.

Emma I'm sorry about being out for another month.... big hugs. Hopefully when you do head back to the doc they have some answers for you, I think you said May?

LL those numbers are FANTASTIC!!!

linny with my second DS I had thought my ms was gone.. then bam it came back with a vengence until about 16 weeks... hope your's doesn't stick around that long.

cryss good luck with your bloodwork, I feel like a pin cushion myself these days hahaha

AFM well got my hcg back and I'm down to 12... so hopefully 1 more week... although with Christmas next week I have do my bloodwork monday instead of tuesday.. hope it's down enough... it was 21 last week, 33 the week before and 45 the week before that ... sigh.....

ljs: I'm so glad to hear that spotting has stopped and you are feeling more relaxed. Your little bean is still snug as a bug :)

Emma: I'm sorry this wasn't your cycle. I completely empathize with your discouragement and frustration. I can't remember, have you had any fertility testing done? Now that it's been a year maybe you should consider seeing a Dr.

LL: So happy to hear you sounding more positive.

I'm feeling good. I had a little Christmas get-together last night with about 8 friends. I had 3 much-needed and delicious glasses of wine. Today I went to a friend's house and helped her make all kinds of chocolate-dipped treats: marshmallows, Oreos, pretzels, and candy canes.

I am now 8 weeks post mc and no sign of AF. I went to my RE today for an ultrasound. She says that my lining is so thin that there is nothing to shed and that there is nothing on my ovaries to indicate that I have ovulated since the mc or will ovulate anytime soon. Basically my whole system is just shut off. Assuming all my lab work from today comes back ok I can start my fertility meds tomorrow and that will force my body to cycle along with the added benefit of (hopefully) making several follicles/eggs. Not looking forward to the side effects of the medication but I am grateful to be getting things going again.

Interesting note from my RE: really high levels of LH (which I have) can cause false positives on urine pregnancy tests.

sara glad to hear that your RE is getting your meds started. What are the side effects?

being on the meds is like out of control PMS with a headache added in for kicks. So sore breasts, moodiness, cramps, bloating. Not all that fun. But will be so worth it if the meds work!

LL - I didn't know that - I have a doc appt on tues for flu vaccination so can ask then - however it doesn't feel like a different thing I have to say - it's more like the nausea I had at around 7 weeks but dialled up. Fantastic numbers missus!!! No wonder you're rotten sick :) How are you coping with it? x

Kay - Congrats on the hcg! That's nearly a negative right? If not next week then surely the week after you'll be hitting <5. did you say you'll start trying around Feb? ...oh and yes i'm hoping the sickness doesn't last too much longer but it's reassuring to know it can just come back up (ho ho ho) for no apprent reason! x

Sara - Really glad to hear you've been having a nice festive time! And going back on the meds sounds like a good step forward - albeit one which sounds pretty grumpy with its side effects! :) x

Afm - doing ok and will just be glad to get to the point where we go away for christmas. I'm back at work-work for the time being, trying to save some money, but every client thinks the world ends at christmas so lots of working late etc!

Ljs, I'm so glad to hear your spotting has stopped. I hope it stays away!! The sickness and heartburn are definitely signs that your hormone levels are high which is a great thing :)

LL, I have been wanting to do some Christmas baking as well, but it doesn't look like that's going to happen unless it's after Christmas, haha. Your hcg levels are awesome!! I think that little bean is going to stick around :)

Kim, fingers crossed your levels will be 0 by next week!!

Slg, glad to hear you're going to get some help to get your cycles going again, I hope the side effects of the meds won't be too bad.

Blue, sorry to hear you're feeling discouraged :( How sensitive are those strip tests you're using? It could very well still be too early. Some people don't get a positive until AF is due (or after AF is due). I think it's a good idea to go back and see the doc again if this is not your month :hugs:

Linny, I'm with you, gonna be completely exhausted by the time Christmas eve arrives, lol. I hope your morning sickness settles down soon!

As for me, it's been a very busy week trying to get everything done that needs to be done before the holidays. I am soooo looking forward to the weekend! I've also been having insomnia... don't know if that's a pregnancy thing or not, but it's very annoying. I know I probably shouldn't have but last night I took one of my morning sickness pills (it has an antihistamine in it that makes me sleepy) so I could get a better nights sleep.

Kim - Oh boy, I can't believe how slowly your hCG levels are returning back to normal. At least you're almost there now.

Sara - Your Christmas party sounds fun. I thought we'd be soo busy this month with Christmas parties, but we actually weren't invited to any. :shrug: Oh well.

Sorry to hear the fertility meds give such bad side effects (sounds like pregnancy symptoms to me), but it definitely will be worth it when it gets you your BFP! And very interesting not about the LH giving false positives.

Linny - Yeah, since you had it all along I'm sure it's just morning sickness. Still weird that it's gotten worse all of a sudden, though. That happened to my BFF's co-worker. She suddenly got sick with hyperemesis around 11 weeks and has continued to be sick a few weeks into her 2nd tri. Pregnancy does weird things.

I've had the same thing with work lately. Everything has to get done before Christmas, so it gets kind of stressful. I am desperate for my holiday, but starting to wonder if I'll even get it since I have so much to do. I'll stay late tonight/tomorrow if I have to rather than come in on my holiday, though. You say you're back to work...were you off before?

Lindsay - It seems like everyone's having trouble getting any baking/extra prep before Christmas done this year. I guess we've all been busy. Sorry to hear about your insomnia. I do think that's a pregnancy symptom and I wouldn't feel guilty about taking an anti-nausea pill. If it's safe in the first trimester it surely must be safe later on, and it's not like you've done this very often. You need sleep. :hugs:

AFM - Well, I *had* been feeling really optimistic. I wasn't fretting about days where my symptoms were less because I knew that on Thurs I was really sick, but then felt fine Sat/Sun, then super sick again Monday and at that point my hCG was definitely still rising steadily, so that made me feel fairly sure that it's normal for some days to be worse than others. Unfortunately, I just read an article about a girl who suffered a blighted ovum that was discovered around 8 weeks. Her first sign was she woke up less queasy suddenly at 7 weeks. :wacko: As soon as I read that, panic struck because I haven't been feeling as sick today. But I need to remind myself that I puked yesterday and slept 14 hours and so today I feel a lot better probably from all the extra sleep. The same thing happened when I slept extra Monday night. Did anyone else's nausea get really mild some days, and then quite bad the next?

I really wish I hadn't read that article. I *so* preferred feeling dangerously optimistic and hopeful. I guess I'll be hoping for some worse nausea tomorrow to set my mind at ease. :dohh:

Lit stop reading up on things and relax and enjoy pregnancy. When is you scan?

I had severe hyperemisis. I had light morning sickness up until about 12 weeks and 12 week untill 20 was horrific four weeks of which I spent in hospital. I lost 4 stone in 2 weeks. Was soo horrific !! I wouldnt wish it on anyone xxx

I don't have a scan scheduled. :(

Hyperemesis does sound awful. I definitely don't want that, but the waning of symptoms is always a bit disconcerting. Hopefully in your next pregnancy you do not suffer from such severe sickness!

Have you still been testing?

well my RE called and said that I have to wait this cycle out. Something in my bloodwork makes her think I won't respond to the fertility meds this cycle. So next month it is. It's a bummer but I'm glad my Dr. is being thorough so I don't waste $1800 worth of meds!

Sara - Ah, that's too bad! It's good she can tell from your blood work that it wouldn't be helpful this month. You definitely don't want to waste the money if it's not going to work!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->