Waiting for AF after M/C, anyone else? OCBM

LL, try not to google too much - google is evil! It is totally normal for symptoms to fluctuate from day to day. I found that for me I would have a really bad day, then a few better days, then another really bad day, etc. My theory was that it was my body adjusting and then my levels would go higher and my body would adjust again, and so on. I have no idea if that's actually true or not, but it made me feel better to think it, lol. Yeah, I think the insomnia probably is a pregnancy thing... I've never had insomnia before. Hopefully it's just a phase and will go away soon!

Blue, sounds like you really had a rough time with the hyperemesis! I hope you don't get it that badly with your next pregnancy! Have you tested again?

Slg, sorry to hear you have to wait out this cycle :( At least there will be lots to keep you busy over the holiday season. Hopefully the time will go by quickly.

Lit- havent tested any more. Kind of just accepted its a no no this month. Dons did not water my seeds this month.... :huff:

So doctors next month.

Get booked in for a scan woman we all want to see you little button!! And stop googling ! My sickness came and went and to be honest I was so glad the days it was away. Which by the end it didnt! Was still being sick 2 days after I gave birth.... think im allergic to the pregnancy hormones :haha:

Im on nightshifts so I might not make sense and at this hour (I dont care) hehe. But does mean that im technically in the same sleeping zone as some of you guys ;). Nothing much happening here. Weather is awful and keeps taking the internet down with it!!

Has anyone heard from crys?
Is everyone all organised for christmas?
How is everyones health?
Teacup how are you doing ?

Xxx

Lindsay - Sorry to hear about the insomnia - If it's hormonal I guess I don't know what a good solution would be - however, I got it quite bad one year for about 3 months and I don't like using prescription drugs, or any kind of drug actually - the solution eventually was listening to an audiobook or podcast really low through my headphones. I still do it now when i'm waking up for continual pee at night.x

LL - Happily I can report I feel way better today. Also, boobs less sore. So haha, I can't win because now i'm all 'WTF!? where are all my lovely symptoms!'...but I have had them come and go so often I can't really get worked up any more. Which brings me round to you googling things missus! As you probs already know - The fact is that a second consecutive mc is rare (5% chance or thereabouts) and having a blighted ovum with very rapidly increasing hcg is also not that common as compares to the usual scenario of low, non-doubling hcg rates. But, yep - after mc this early in preg these feelings will just keep coming up - for your peace of mind is there *any* way you can get into an US before 12 weeks? I think Lindsay is right about how the symptoms work, it's like your body gets used to the hormone levels for a day or two and then freaks out again :). X

Afm - Just trying to finish up work, and also ordering some new clothes, I cannot sit cut in half by jeans any longer. It's dress time! :) X

Thanks, girls. I hope you are all right. I can't help but feel that this is the end. It's such an awful feeling. I am just going to hold onto the fact that I felt sick Thurs, then felt fine-ish for 3 days, then got really sick again Monday and my levels were still great at that point...so maybe this is just what my body does. Ugh, I hate not knowing. And I will definitely be asking when the earliest I can get in for an ultrasound is at my appointment on the 30th. It is a relief that some of you had symptoms come and go as well.

Blue - haha, maybe you are on the same sleep schedule as us now? I hope AF surprises you and doesn't show. :)

Lindsay - Yes, I hope you are able to sleep better again soon!!!

Linny - I am "glad" your bad symptoms went away but don't overanalyze too much as you're finally at that point now when it is very normal and acceptable for them to go away for good! :)

Blue - Since you won't feed our POAS addictions :haha: , when is AF due? Do you feel like she's on her way?

LL - As everyone else said, your numbers are wonderful. Stop the evil Googling! I hope you can find something that eases your worry.

Slg - I hope everything works just right next month.

Linny - I don't blame you at all. Jeans can be so uncomfortable, even when it's just bloat. Dresses sound like a good plan.

Lindsay - I hope the insomnia is short lived.

AFM - Should get my blood work done Monday. The doctor's office hasn't returned my call to set up my appointment yet. :growlmad:

I hope everyone else is doing well.

Yup she is on her way. Started spotting today. So will be full flow tomorrow. :( new year new flow. Nightshift again tonight. Im so tired !!!

Xxx

Crys - Frustrating that your doctor's office hasn't returned your call. I know how that is! :wacko: I hope you do get your blood work done on Monday as planned.

Blue - Oh, boo. :( So sorry that AF got you once again. I know you must be sooo tired of this already. But I do hope the new year offers you a change...a BFP for change, that is!!! Good luck on another night shift. :( Those must be brutal.

AFM - Even though I'm not feeling very hopeful, I suppose I should take note that I am now 7 weeks and now officially further along than I've been before. I wish I could shake all the anxiety and just feel happy about this milestone.

Also, in my defense, I was NOT googling anything! I innocently came across this article because my BFF posted it to support those who had suffered a miscarriage and the article was about how we shouldn't have to hide our pregnancies in the first tri, and it shouldn't be so taboo to talk about miscarriage. I thought it would be a good article (and it was), but wasn't expecting the author's personal experience to hit so close to home and cause soooo much anxiety.

Update: I did just vomit, so I guess that's good. But still worried.

I think you and your little one are just fine Lit! I'll even wish pregnancy-related nausea and vomiting for you every day if that will make you feel more at ease. :flower: Enjoy every minute of your perfect pregnancy and growing little one!

My lab appointment is set!

My company gave me a bonus I did not even expect, and a much larger amount than I would have ever dreamed! They are awesome! I love my bosses!

Blue, sorry to hear that it seems AF is on the way :( :hugs: You'll have to enjoy a few drinks over the holiday season. Good plan going back to the doctor next month.

LL, yay for 7 weeks!! Celebrate the milestones, I'm sure your little bean is doing just fine :) I'm sorry to hear you're still feeling worried. I totally understand though, those early weeks are so scary :hugs: Try and keep yourself busy so you don't worry too much. To be honest, I only started to feel a little more relaxed after my 20 week scan.

Crys, glad to hear you got your blood test booked and congrats on the bonus!! What a nice holiday surprise :)

As for me, I'm having a snow day :happydance: We woke up to about 10 cm of snow overnight (and it's still coming down) and the roads are terrible (not to mention very few people here have snow tires so even if you're comfortable driving in these conditions, everyone else around is very scary!). Anyway, I decided to cancel my client visits as nothing was urgent, and spend the day catching up on reports instead... not that I've managed to get much work done though, haha.

bad news today :cry: My RE said that my FSH was sky high. So high in fact that she thought for a minute it was a lab error. Elevated FSH means that your body is having trouble ovulating. It also means that you will not respond to fertility treatments. All I can do is wait a month and hope, hope, hope that this was a fluke and my level will come back down. My RE says she hasn't seen this before and has no idea what to expect. I'm so very disappointed.

Crys - Thanks for that. I appreciate your wishes for nausea for me. ;)

That is amazing about your Christmas bonus from work! What an unexpected surprise!! :)

Lindsay - how amazing that you got a snow day! I hope you enjoyed a cozy day spent inside.

AFM - My dr called today to make sure I got my blood work results. I asked if it was common for nausea to come and go a bit and she said it definitely could be affected by amount of sleep, stress, etc. I know what she said will have no bearing on my pregnancy outcome, but it was slightly calming to hear her say that was normal.

Sara - oh no! Sorry about such disappointing results. It confuses me why your body having trouble ovulating would mean the meds wouldn't work? Isn't that what the meds are for? I do hope your FSH goes to a more normal level so that you can hurry up and take your fertility meds! :hugs: This must be so discouraging.

I wish we'd hear from Aleeah soon. :s

Basically my brain is making FSH to tell my ovaries to mature an egg. My ovaries aren't listening so my brain just makes more and more FSH. My level is already so high naturally and adding more from the meds just won't make a difference. If my ovaries aren't listening to the natural hormone then they won't listen to the fake hormone (medication) either. Unfortunately there is nothing to be done to fix this issue. My body will either fix it on its own or I'm just out of luck. :sad1:

Oh no. :( Maybe your body is still messed up from the m/c. I very much hope your body will fix the problem itself very soon. :hugs:

Sara, oh no! I'm sorry to hear about your news :( I really hope it's just a fluke, or things being out of whack due to the m/c and that your levels will go back down again soon! :hugs:

LL, I'm glad you got some reassurance from the doctor as well :)

Yes, I did have a nice cozy day inside :) Did some work and then took the dog out for a walk and she went crazy running around in the snow, lol. We encountered a bunch of snowmen at the school nearby and she didn't like them very much and started knocking them all down. It was pretty funny, I've never seen her do that before.

Aww nooo Sara!! I hope it does what its told and comes down for next month!

Lit its completely normal for it to come and go! Lol but glad docs made you feel a bit better.

Linds that great you had a snow day! Hehe wee fly day off is always great!

Aleeah!!!are you alive!!!!? Xxx

Sara - I'm so sorry. Have you researched acupuncture and traditional Chinese medicine. Lots of women have reduced their FSH using these. Just type high FSH into Google and you can find lots of success stories.

Lindsay - Lol! Love the story about your dog! I can picture her knocking down snowmen. What breed is she?

Lindsay - That is sooo cute about your dog!! haha. I miss having a dog sometimes, although they are a lot of work. Right now we aren't allowed any pets in the place we're renting anyway. But at Christmas my sister will be bringing her dog Rosie (who she had when we all still lived at home), and I am sooo excited to see her. She's my little niece puppy. :winkwink:

Blue - How are you doing? Is AF being somewhat kind to you at least?

I agree - really anxious to hear from Aleeah!!!

AFM - I noticed today that my boobs have gotten huge. My bust has grown a whole inch already! :haha: Has anyone else had this so early on? :p

SO - we're just 4 days from Christmas now. What are all your Christmas plans for this coming week?

For us, tomorrow is our Christmas gathering with dh's family out at the farm. We have a little Christmas pageant at church to go to, and then we will drive out to the farm and spend the day. Opening presents is always fun there because I have 5 very young nieces and nephews! We will come back that evening because dh works on Monday...but I am officially on holidays already. :happydance: So that's when I'll probably finally wrap his gifts and maybe even get around to baking. Then Christmas Eve morning, dh and I will have our own little mini Christmas just the two of us. We usually have breakfast in bed and open our gifts. Then later that evening we are heading to my parents' and we will spend both Christmas Eve and Christmas Day with them and my sis and her husband (plus probably my grandparents for part of it). I'm looking forward to it but can't believe how quickly Christmas crept up on me this year!

Yep, the dog was pretty funny with the snowmen haha. She's a rhodesian ridgeback, I've attached a picture of her and the snowman below (snowman was already decapitated at this point). And yes, she is wearing a coat... I was never a fan of putting clothing on animals until we got this dog, lol. She has very short hair and doesn't like the cold or rain!

Yes, Christmas really does feel like it has crept up quickly this year! Hubby and I go to my parents on Christmas eve afternoon, and then go to the Christmas eve service with my parents and some family friends, and then over to a family friends house after for some visiting. We usually stay at my parents until boxing day (as does my sister and her boyfriend). Hubby's mom and her partner come over for Christmas too... my parents usually end up having 15 - 20 people for Christmas dinner.

LL, that's nice that you and DH do your own little Christmas too. Hubby and I have been talking about that this year and are planning on coming up with some of our own Christmas traditions for next year

Attachments

• Arwen vs snowman.jpg
    Arwen vs snowman.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 5

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member