Waiting for First Appt...Torture!

Ms Elizabeth

Mom to 2
Reaction score
I had blood drawn Saturday and am waiting for the Dr to call with the results. Considering the stack of HCG strips and POAS...and :af: not arriving...I know I'm pregnant.

But still...torture waiting for her to call! The office didn't give me any idea of what sort of timeline I am looking at. Basically "Make an appt to draw blood and she will call you after that on how she wants to proceed."

I have no idea how this works....but I'd like to get in there to know what my calendar will look like! And I want to see this little bean!

I'm a little anxious! I've heard...some Drs don't want to see you till 8 weeks, some 12...some right away. *sigh*

It certainly is torture!
With my first, I had to wait for medical to come through, which didn't go into affect until I was about 13w!!! I applied at 6w.
This time it's the same thing! I just lost my medical within a week of finding out I'm pregnant again. They processed my application wrong so I'm stuck waiting! And because I'm so disgruntled about my previous experience I'm looking to change hospital affiliations, so I'll have to see how they go about everything.

It's like you find out you're pregnant and the only one who really cares is YOU!!!! Everybody else is like "hurry up and wait." But I'm more like "why do I have to wait between 1/3 and 1/2 way through my pregnancy to find things out?"!!!!

Ugh! And we're not supposed to stress right? I'm on hold with the Dr's office. Need to know how long I'll be waiting and if there is a backlog..schedule me now. Lol

My doctor has a strict 8 week policy. They did get me in that first Monday, but these last 4 weeks have dragged, and my anxiety had gone through the roof.

I ended up getting a private scan on Sat, the wait was just too much.

I might be ok....if I knew I had to wait. Lol. I know I'm over analyzing....but...they know they took my blood tO tell me if I'm pregant. ...one would think to call. Guess I want them to recognize how important this is. Lol

I shall try and be patient. I'm not very....

Sitting with you in the torture chamber....my first appt is Nov 18th....but the appointment is a pregnancy confirmation appt....they do an u/s to verify that is indeed a baby with a heart beat so at least I know I get to see my bean:thumbup: Hope the time flies for us all.

So jealous!!! Wonder after mine calls next week....how long I have to wait for an appt. Lol.

That's what I want. ..an appt and some sort of confirmation. :happydance:

When you called and let them know that you are pregnant the receptionist did not schedule an appt? I was on clomid when I conceived, and my nurse told me to call when I got a positive. I did, and they immediately scheduled me in.

Nope. I'm not on anything, not sure that makes any difference. Nurse took my name, found the blood work "ok, I'll send a note to the Dr who will call you" "how long will that take? " "within the week" "a week to call me?" "And then she will schedule an appt "

Trying to not be mad...just wish they would say....nothing before XX weeks. Plus she is one of the only Dr's near home who's background I trust. Trying not to be pissy. Lol

Oh, what an odd way of doing things. Maybe they are a busy clinic? I am fairly certain that if I was not a current patient then I would not have been able to get in relatively quickly. My city seems to be very understaffed when it comes to OBGYNs, plus the clinic I go to is a Womens clinic with all female doctors (popular for those of us who prefer female doctors over male). I do know that because I have never had miscarriage they are in no rush to see me. Believe me, I all but begged for an early scan and they were not having any of that because of my history.

The reasonable side of me can agree with this approach, but the worry wart in me was very indignant, lol. Please let us know when they end up scheduling you! :)

Lol, they don't know my history...without seeing me, but with that being said....this is also my first....and I'm almost 37.

Must be patient!!! I must learn that skill!

Just funny....I'm very lucky my wondfo hcg are getting darker. Otherwise, I'd really be insane. I don't know enough....to know if this is real, will my little bean stick, etc....hence the appt. lol

I understand. I don't go in at all til the 19th of November. The nurse said if they had any openings before that, she would call me. But my doctor likes to see newly pg women at 6 weeks. I never thought I'd want to get blood drawn, but I want to know my numbers! And I wanna see my little bean too!

Dr called!! Blood work was positive! I can stop POAS! :haha:

Scheduling lady is out until tomorrow. She will call to make an appt....sometime I'm for the next two weeks. :happydance:

Oh...and I should start taking a prenatal vitamin. Waaayy ahead of you lady. :dohh:

That is awesome! Do you know how far along you are?

Dr gave me a goodie bag!! Full of free stuff...

First...I have to pee in a jug for 24 hours. Lol. Great! That'll be fun!
Then she gave me a lost of blood tests she wants to run...standard, ok...
Next week i got for my first ultrasound (5 weeks along)
Then i see her every 4 weeks until I'm 26 weeks, then every 2 weeks.

She informed me of the genetic tests...but didn't push anything. Being over 35...just things to consider.

I feel comfortable, which is good. But eeekkkkk....so much reading material! Lol

Wow first scan coming already, lucky you :)
You must update me as i continue to wait, lol
Was there any reason for the early scan?

No reason that I was told....my first question to her was.....when can i see?!?!?!

Sooo....maybe thats it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->