Waiting for ov after mc. 8BFPs so far!! *"the list" page 291*

Jrepp- as others have said that really sucks. For what it's worth you can increase your profesterone naturally, and whether you have a defect with it or not additional progesterone is known to do no harm to mother or baby... During placental phase the levels of progesterone are enormous anyway. I take vitamins and use a natural usp progesterone cream. Contrary to what people who take the suppositories/tablets think the amount of progesterone you actually get from the cream is quite high since the synthetic form doesn't absorb as easily (this is the stuff docs prescribe). I know not every woman is comfortable with self diagnosis and treatment without the supervision of a doctor, and that's really sensible... But I knew I wouldn't get any answers before my next pregnancy and after some research decided there was no harm in doing it myself whether my levels were normal or low. X

I agree Jrepp. Do some research yourself so you're comfortable with it then if you're confident there are no down sides do it. When I've been ttc, despite no known fertility issues, I've done everything I can to help rather than waiting til there's a problem. I've had oh on all kinds of vits and supplements to help his swimmers, despite him never having a sperm test! Don't know if it helped but if rather that than wait. I don't know anything about progesterone though so do your research! :hugs:

Rachel - Crud! Will there at least be room for a cheeky one or two of these through the wait :wine: ?

I'm going to test again on Sunday if she's a no show (Got to keep some hope right?) but if she does defiantly! x

One side of me think AF is coming and I should just give up testing this cycle as it's not it but then the other side of me thinks I have symptoms and as my last BFP wasn't there until I was 6 weeks then I still have time. But I don't want to get my hopes up in case AF does come, after each BFN I just sit and cry :/ I think I'm not going to test until Sunday. I've written a list of my symptoms and any sane person would say I should have my BFP, I can't compare it by my last pregnancy as I didn't keep a tab on anything as I wasn't really TTC the only think I remember is by about 7 weeks my bbs hurt beyond belief :shrug:

Rachel- so sorry you got a BFN. That sounds promising that you didn't get a BFP last time til 6 weeks? There is still hope! But if not I hope you can enjoy some chocolate and wine. :)

Rachel - Ah wow, I didn't realise that - you may be one of those ladies who just doesn't get bfp's easily in urine tests ..Could you go to the docs and ask for a beta test if still no AF by sunday? Might be more accurate for you x

My doctors not back till early/mid Dec so if no AF/BFP I'll be heading over to her anyway :)
I want to test tomorrow but need to hold off as I hate seeing those BFN :( x

Thanks ladies! I have been doing a ton of research on my own and I think im going to try the progesterone cream on my own anyway. Im somewhat reluctant to change things but if it gets me a baby then I dont mind. And worse case, my mom can use it for menopause lol.

Rachel - im sorry about your negative. My first miscarriage I didnt get a positive until 15dpo. You still have some time.

Hang in there, Rachel. Sounds like there is still plenty of time if you are one for late bfps.

Thank you. Ill check the links out when I get somewhere with internet today.

My fab midwife just called me and she says she can get me in but we'll have to lie and say I've been bleeding! I've got a booking appointment 2 weeks today when I'll be 8+3 by lmp or 8+2 by ov date and she'll book me in ASAP after that. She would've booked me in sooner but I wanted it to be 8+ weeks so if all was ok I'd be more reassured long term. It could he all fine at this stage but there would still be a fair chance of stuff going wrong afterwards.

I've been worrying though.. With my last pregnancy I got a 'late BFP' and it ended in MC and then Jrepp said her MC was a late BFP. So if I do get a late BFP I'd be worried it'll end badly :/

Yay for a nice Midwife! Are you feeling any better about it all today?

Munchkin - I love it, a midwife who encourages you to fib :) Totally fair enough given the silly restrictions on reassurance scans. That's good, after 8 weeks you will feel much more reassured. The chances after that are incredibly low.

Munchkin- I am so glad your midwife is willing to lie for you! An 8 week scan will be perfect. I do hope it gives you long term reassurance.

Rachel- my sis-in-law tested with her last pregnancy when her AF was late and it was negative for some reason. She had to wait a few days and test again to get a positive. She had an extremely healthy pregnancy and didn't have a single thing to wrong. It can happen!!!

Munchkin-come to think of it I remember you saying that you had some spotting last week....right?? :winkwink:

Rachel - if it makes you feel better, my mom didnt get a positive test until 6 months with my sister

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->