Waiting for ov after mc. 8BFPs so far!! *"the list" page 291*

Slg - I think there are compromises likes that in every family - things rarely seem to get shared out evenly. I'm sure it's hard for your sister having lost her husband. I know we don't share the travelling evenly with my sis - buf if she comes home she sees all of us, whereas if some of us went out then less ppl would get to hang out......am I making sense?

L.L. I'm in Ireland; its a 24 hours journey to Australia from here. I've done it once - torture!

Yes, I know what you are saying. I do most of the travel for the same reason; I get to see much of my family when I go. It would be nice to have some sister time away from the rest of the family though.
DH is flying to see one of his brothers this weekend who is retiring from the Navy after 30 years. Glad they will be together!

Slg - Thanks for the reassurance. Wow, that is too bad your sister has hardly visited since her husband passed away, although it is understandable. I am one of those scaredy cats who wouldn't dare travel without someone along with me (preferably dh)! It is good of you to be the one to make the effort to go see your family. It's great you have such close friends at home to make things better.

That is absolutely wonderful that your dh has Christmas off for once! What a wonderful time that will be for you as a family!

Boodley - Thanks to you too for the reassurance. I totally get your reasoning for having your sis travel to see your fam more often since there are more people. That is the same with my sis. We try to go see her once a year, but she and her dh come to us a few times because our entire family is here. It only makes sense.

Wow, 24 hours is a very long trip! I would love to go to Australia someday but I don't know if I could ever handle that long plane ride. I hate being in a plane for 3 hours. :haha:

I have a good friend between Edinburgh and Galasgow Scotland. I really want to go visit but am a little daunted by the long journey with a 3 year old.

My sister and I live in the same apartment complex so it's easy to go whenever I want. The rest of my family only live about 2 miles away. I'm glad we are all so close!

Sig, where does your hubby work?

Boodley it's great that you have a long stretch off!

Ll- I'm sure it's just stretching!

My fall was quite bad. I had to stay in bed for almost 2 weeks. My ankle swelled to the size of a cantaloupe and I have quite a bit of swelling in the tendon that runs along the bottom of my foot. Definitely persuing an insurance claim.

Boodley - Yes, I will be off from Dec. 21 to Jan 1st (inclusive) so I am not back to work til January 2nd! When are you back to work? I hope you enjoy your get-togethers with your sisters. My sister lives far enough away that I don't see her too often either. She and her dh will be up for almost a week so that will be really nice to see them.

Slg - heheh!

AFM - I am having some mild cramping at the moment which is never reassuring. Hopefully it's just that uterus stretching and making room for when my baby won't just be a 'poppyseed' anymore! :)

Yay for stretching. Its amazing to think of how small they start out :)

I'm taking my first real christmas break this year- DH had to book it in with his work about 4 years in advance, so we are making the most of it. I'm finishing work on the 18th of December and come back on the 13th of January. I just found out I get 4 extra paid days off over the break, so that is 4 extra days I can take when bub comes next year. I'm very lucky as I work for a company of a university, so we get the uni days off and our amazing boss gave the company an extra 4 off. Such a nice guy!

I've a picture in my mind of the poor lady sitting on the toilet waiting for Jrepp to hand the roll in around the door!

Hehe, me too!

Slg - I think there are compromises likes that in every family - things rarely seem to get shared out evenly. I'm sure it's hard for your sister having lost her husband. I know we don't share the travelling evenly with my sis - buf if she comes home she sees all of us, whereas if some of us went out then less ppl would get to hang out......am I making sense?

L.L. I'm in Ireland; its a 24 hours journey to Australia from here. I've done it once - torture!
My dad and step mum are in Dublin at the moment. Its funny how in Australia we don't really mind the 24 hour flight- yes Europe is far, but you squeeze as much in while you are there, and it makes the trip to LA seem very quick by comparison!

Slg - Thanks for the reassurance. Wow, that is too bad your sister has hardly visited since her husband passed away, although it is understandable. I am one of those scaredy cats who wouldn't dare travel without someone along with me (preferably dh)! It is good of you to be the one to make the effort to go see your family. It's great you have such close friends at home to make things better.

That is absolutely wonderful that your dh has Christmas off for once! What a wonderful time that will be for you as a family!

Boodley - Thanks to you too for the reassurance. I totally get your reasoning for having your sis travel to see your fam more often since there are more people. That is the same with my sis. We try to go see her once a year, but she and her dh come to us a few times because our entire family is here. It only makes sense.

Wow, 24 hours is a very long trip! I would love to go to Australia someday but I don't know if I could ever handle that long plane ride. I hate being in a plane for 3 hours. :haha:

It's not that far!

The funny thing is I have probably seen more of Europe, Asia, the Middle East and the US than I have of my home country! I must see Uluru and the barrier reef one day :haha:

Ooh yes, happy 13 weeks! So exciting to be in the 2nd trimester already (by some people's counts, anyway). Did you have any AF-like cramps in the first trimester?

Happy 13 weeks Elizabean

Ooh yes, happy 13 weeks! So exciting to be in the 2nd trimester already (by some people's counts, anyway). Did you have any AF-like cramps in the first trimester?

Thank you! :happydance:

I celebrated 13 weeks yesterday myself (timezones mess up my ticker), but it is all very exciting.

LL, yes I did get cramps, especially in weeks 4-7 ish.
I had some spotting on and off too, about 5-7 weeks but not at the same time. Scary at the time but I'm sure very normal.

I'm off to my hospital booking appointment tonight (someone cancelled so they could squeeze me in). I'm looking forward to it, but also begrudging that it is an hour or so that I could be using to pack more boxes! We are moving in 4 days and I feel so disorganised!:nope:

New list...

Waiting to ov

Rachel - cd 3
Apple - cd 7 (ntnp)

TWW

Garfie - cd 12 positive opk
Arabelle -2 dpo, trying to keep busy!
GRGirl- 2 dpo, testing dec 14
Jrepp- 3 dpo, maybe testing dec 16
Boodley- 6 dpo
slg76 - 9 dpo, maybe a squinter! Testing again Friday

Rainbow babies growing!

Literati_Love - 4w+5
Munchkin - 7w+2
Linnypops - 9w
Celine- 10w
Elizabean- 13w+1

Who did I miss?

Penguin?

JRepp- Ouch!! That looks horribly painful!

Slg- I need to stare at a pee stick, and it can't be mine yet. I hope you have a pretty line to post on Friday!

Elizabean - 13 weeks! Wow!

:pink: 5 rainbow babies! :blue: Amazing! Puts a big smile on my face :happydance:

Thank you for the list Arabelle! Keeping up on this thread is like a part time job :) I do love it though.

Will post a stick for you on Friday. It may not be exciting but I'll see what I can do :)

:pink: 5 rainbow babies! :blue: Amazing! Puts a big smile on my face :happydance:

Thank you for the list Arabelle! Keeping up on this thread is like a part time job :) I do love it though.

Will post a stick for you on Friday. It may not be exciting but I'll see what I can do :)

Fingers crossed for Friday!

Ladies - I have to stop coming in here at night before bed! I end up reading on too long - sooooo tired today ;)

Loving the list!! :) Thanks Arabelle! It's going to be an exciting run-up to christmas with testing! :)

Well i got up this morning to loads of chat from your ladies! :) It's absolutely horrendous weather here, stormy with high powered winds. All last night the house was rattling and creaking. Hope you're all doing well, sorry for you ladies having to dig your way through the snow! I love snow, but only when you can actually get out of the house in it. :)

Everyone talking about their holidays is making me jealous!!! I get the honeymoon in January but that's it lol (I love to travel and I've been itching to go somewhere soon).

Jrepp- ouch on the ankle! And haha I lol at reaching under the stall.

Happy 13 weeks Elizabean!

Think that's it? AFM- I am 3dpo today (cd16). I have EWCM but the OPK is -, so I'm not too worried but there's a mini BD marathon the next few days, just in case. I'm feeling much better ;) Probably will tonight, tomorrow, and Sat night.

Christmas shopping is pretty much done, just a couple things for DS! Gotta love online sales.

good morning!
I tested this morning :blush: I figured if I didn't I would think about it all day. It was bfn. But, I'm only 9 dpo so it's certainly not a definitive answer.

I did most of my christmas shopping online too. Just waiting for presents to arrive so I can wrap and ship them to my family.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->