Waiting for ov after mc. 8BFPs so far!! *"the list" page 291*

Sorry for lack of update!! Beautiful Matilda Rowan was born just before 5am after a quick and intense back to back labour. She's 8lb 14, a full 2 and a half pounds bigger than her sister was. She fed as soon as I let her and all my bits had been sewn up and hasn't stopped! We got home 8 hours later and she's lying face down on my arm whilst daddy snoozes. Not much chance of that for me but I don't care, she's scrummyimage.jpg

Oh my goodness, she's BEAUTIFUL!!! Congratulations, Munchkin! Sounds like a hard labour but I'm glad she is doing well! Hope you can hang in there through the sleep deprivation! I love that you included Rowan as her middle name. :) So happy for you! How is your DD1 liking having a little sister?

Check in every few weeks/month and just want to say congratulations to all the ladies who have given birth!! (So jealous!)
Munchkin she is so beautiful!

Hey!
I know I'm terrfied but soo ready for this little girl to be here!
Pregnancy has been hard, had various bleeds and reduced movements and they still have no idea where the bleeding was from :S Had morning (all day) sickness until 16 weeks and then as the sickness went the heart burn began and I didnt sleep more than 3-4 hours for 4-5 days due to it :(
In terms if baby, shes doing good - given me a few scares with movement but my midwife says as long as I can GET her to move she may just be having a few quiet days off and busy days afterwards and its how my baby is. I get growth scans every 4 weeks due to my low BMI and shes measuring small (4lbs 1oz at 33 weeks) but shes growing at a good rate, although a consultant decide the scare tactic was a good idea and told me how dangerous it is so I broke down crying but luckily my hubby was there to remind me that every other doctor, consultant and midwife has said as long as shes growing then shes fine :)
Can't think of anything else thats happen I've probably missed something but baby brain has hit me like a train hahahaha

That sounds a bit stressful! Pregnancy is hard! I am sure your LO is doing just fine in there! It is great she is growing at the proper rate even if she is small. She must just take after you. :)

That sounds a bit stressful! Pregnancy is hard! I am sure your LO is doing just fine in there! It is great she is growing at the proper rate even if she is small. She must just take after you. :)

I'm surprised my blood pressure isn't through the roof with everything :haha: It's worth it all to get her here but could have done without all the extra stress :p
I've got a growth scan on the 5th of May (A day before full term!!) so hoping to see a nice healthy, small but average baby :D

Although on a sad note - Due to my low BMI I can't give birth in a birthing centre which I wasn't TOO upset about because 1. I'd be warned I may not for months now and 2. the labour ward still has birthing pools but now I've been told they'll probably want to keep an eye on baby by monitoring her while in labour so my dream of a water birth? Gone. :cry: :cry:

I'm sorry Rachel. I know first hand how much it sucks when your dreams for labor come crashing down around you. I had a moment yesterday upon hearing that I may be able to do an epidural despite previously being told I couldnt. It only matters in the event I need a c-section as they would have to completely put me under and my husband wouldn't be allowed in the room - so we both would miss the birth of our first child. I still don't think I'll be able to have it but I'm praying little man gets in the proper position and doesn't cause too much pain

Wow munchkin she is a doll! Congrats to you my dear, so glad she is eating like a champ!
Rachel- Hoping for no more scares for the rest of your pregnancy! How exciting! I'm jealous that you get a lil girl, although I wouldn't trade my monkey boy for the world! Lol

Ju

Jrepp-what's going on that they'd have to put you under? I've had 2c sections and never understood why they can't have you awake

I have spina bifida occulta in l1 and l2, and a fracture at l5. The likelihood of an epidural is minuscule, which is what they use for c-sections. So in the event that I have to have a csection and they can't do the epidural my only option is to go completely under.

Aww that sucks. Well, better safe than sorry. Hope you can overcome the situation and loss of being able to see your baby birth. To be honest, the epi is pretty scary and the shock to the system during the surgery is very uneasy. I feel very shaky and nervous during my c sections

Rachel- how's that baby girl doing? Getting close!

Garfie- How are you doing?

Jrepp - How come your husband can't be in there? :( Would you get an epi if you could or was it not in your birth plan from the beginning?
Penguin - I thought I lost a tiny bit of my mucus plug (and by tiny I mean about as big as my small finger nail) the other day but nothing else since and then the other day while on a walk my bump went hard and felt so uncomfortable but once I sat down it was fine and then last night I had some period pain/pressure type pain under my bump so hoping shes got a few more days in there but things are coming along :) I wish there was no more scares! Every morning I wake up she starts to move and then moves throughout the day with little gaps or when I'm walking she's quiet but the other day I woke up and nothing, I didnt panic as I thought maybe I'd woken uo in her during her cycle while she's asleep. Had my morning tea (this chikd LOOOOVES tea) and she did a little movement and then stopped and thats how it was throughout the day I said to Harry that as long as I can get her to move I'll just see how she is, she picked up a bit in the night but still seemed abit like she was sluggish. I woke up the next day all ready to ring the hospital and she woke me up with her movement, didn't stop moving all day and today she's not stopped either -.- haha.
I'm getting impatient now as I'm so uncomfortable and I see everyone with their babies and I just want her here :(

I have another growth scan tomorrow along with a midwife appointment :) Hoping she's had a nice little growth spurt and is a nice healthy weight! I don't really know what to expect from mh midwife appointment as I don't really know what happens at this late stage I know UK and the US are different and I normally don't hear about the UK side funnily enough

Jrepp - How come your husband can't be in there? :( Would you get an epi if you could or was it not in your birth plan from the beginning?
Penguin - I thought I lost a tiny bit of my mucus plug (and by tiny I mean about as big as my small finger nail) the other day but nothing else since and then the other day while on a walk my bump went hard and felt so uncomfortable but once I sat down it was fine and then last night I had some period pain/pressure type pain under my bump so hoping shes got a few more days in there but things are coming along :) I wish there was no more scares! Every morning I wake up she starts to move and then moves throughout the day with little gaps or when I'm walking she's quiet but the other day I woke up and nothing, I didnt panic as I thought maybe I'd woken uo in her during her cycle while she's asleep. Had my morning tea (this chikd LOOOOVES tea) and she did a little movement and then stopped and thats how it was throughout the day I said to Harry that as long as I can get her to move I'll just see how she is, she picked up a bit in the night but still seemed abit like she was sluggish. I woke up the next day all ready to ring the hospital and she woke me up with her movement, didn't stop moving all day and today she's not stopped either -.- haha.
I'm getting impatient now as I'm so uncomfortable and I see everyone with their babies and I just want her here :(

I have another growth scan tomorrow along with a midwife appointment :) Hoping she's had a nice little growth spurt and is a nice healthy weight! I don't really know what to expect from mh midwife appointment as I don't really know what happens at this late stage I know UK and the US are different and I normally don't hear about the UK side funnily enough

FIrst off: OMG you are getting so close! It's scary when baby doesn't move much. Are you doing kick counts? I have read that she will decrease movements quite a bit in the last few weeks as she is running out of room.

If the epidural is an option, I would probably only use it as a last resort. I want the labor and birth to be as natural as it possibly can be. If I definitely can't do it on my own I would be ok with getting the epidural. If they can't do an epi and I need a c-section they would have to use general anasthesia at which point it is considered a different type of surgery and he wouldn't be allowed in the room because I would be completely under. I bet I could argue that though if need be.

Rachel- I wouldn't worry too much about the movement, sounds like she's not much of a mover anyway. And I was told that they should still move towards the end and to eat and drink and lay down for two hours and call the Dr if there is no movement after two hours. My lil man was ridiculous with kicking and still is but jrepp is right, the movement is not as extreme cuz they run out of room. I measured a week ahead the last 4 weeks and he came at 38 1/2 weeks! At 8# 9oz. super excited for you!

Jrepp- I hope they do what they can to get you the birth you want and keep you safe. Fx!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"