Waiting till the new year - TTC January 2014!

Welcome faith! We're you trying prior to finding out about the rubella?

I've attached a link to my fertility friend chart. Not sure if anyone is tracking cycles or not but I highly recommend fertilityfriend.com if you are interested in starting :)

I hope my cat will be ok with a baby, he does seem to be a bit worried when he hears a baby cry, I have a 17 month old niece who recently came round and she banged her head and was crying and my cat went rushing over to see if she was ok. I bet this will get very tiresome when he is hearing it morning noon and night though :haha:

Hi ladies can I join you? I am also waiting until January and you seem a chatty lot who can help me keep sane and refrain from having any oooopsies lol!!

We are ttc number 2 in January, we want a small age gap between our children (we'd like 2 kids or maybe 3 but number 3 in 5-6 years maybe if all goes to plan lol!) but after having an EMCS I have had to make sure I wait til there's an 18 month gap between births so I can hopefully have a vbac! Although now my LG is 6 months old I keep wanting to say "sod it I'll have an ELCS forget the vbac let's just try now" lol!! So I need help reminding myself why I'm waiting lol!

How are all you ladies today?

I've started taking pregnacare in preparation and I'm going back on slimming world again as of tomorrow just so I can make myself eat a bit healthier really (a few less cakes and pies would do me good!)
I'm also using opks to track my cycles, they have been a bit longer since having Emilia but now seem to be down to O on cd16, today is cd14 and my opk wasn't positive but getting there (any other time of the month opks are completely blank for me). So hopefully it's looking like my cycles are regular. If I do O on cd16 for the next 3 cycles AF should be due Xmas day I think and then we will officially ttc just after new year!

Hey can I buddy up please!!!

:)

Me and my husband are going to be TTC number 2 in January!

After having my daughter Isabella I went onto the Depo shot and have taken it for a year after my birth control pills made my hair fall out!

Biggest regret ever as I haven't had any periods since or when I was on the Depo! But I guess it stopped pregnancy so it did what it was suppost to!!

I have started taking Angus castus and Prenatals!

:)) xx

Hi t8ty, I had the opposite problem with cerazette, one long continuous AF so I stopped taking it after 6 weeks of bleeding and have just been tracking cycles since! But as you said I guess it did stop pregnancy as we couldn't even dtd for those 6 weeks lol!

I just wish I had done more research on the side affects of cerazette and the Depo! My own fault I guess! :S

Here we are though.. We will all be TTC soon so fx!

:)) xxx

Jes - I'm sure your cats will be fine with the new addition when the time come :)

Bailey - welcome! I love the name Emilia :)I sure hope all goes well and you get your vbac. Can I ask why you had the emcs the your first? Seems like O day is coming right up.....how are you guys preventing may I ask? Also, sorry for you loss. It was angel baby awareness day yesterday was it not?! Way too many little soles lost far too soon.

T8 - I love your daughter middle name (and first). I am Tasha MAE :) I am on angus castus (vitex) as well. I'm hoping it will shorten my stupid long cycles. I've never been on depo but I am not a fan of any birth control really....all the hormones in the pill are what I blame for my issues. Hope you get AF soon so that you will be ready to go in the new year :)

AFM - OPK was negative today. So either I did O yesterday and just caught the tail end of my surge or I geared up to O but mmy body backed down. I guess my next few temps will let me know.

Thanks so much Tmb!! :)) she's named after my sister who passed away at 5 days old :( so its part of her in Isabella!

We love it too! First thing my father in law said was ' do u realise you spelt may wrong?!?!) silly!!

I can't wait for us all to start TTC exciting stuff!!! :)) xxx

hi ladies can i join u also....
gonna ttc in january 2014 our 2nd, our lil princess maryam is 19 months now so will be over nearly three by the time baby number two is born. we did want a smaller age gap but work got in the way.
so exicted about ttc in jan i've started prenatal vitamins, exercising and healthy eating tryin to get my bmi into the healthy range before baby comes along. so thats like 8kg to lose....

Hi ... it's so exciting isn't it?! I can't wait!!

Hi ladies,

Tmb - yeah it was national baby loss awareness day on Tuesday. I find it so unbelievable that so many women suffer a loss during pregnancy or just after and people don't talk about it. I think it should be less taboo seen as it happens to so many of us!
I ended up having an EMCS after being induced. I had high bp and they suspected pre-e so they induced me with the sintocinon drip and 16 hours later after being in the final stage for an hour she just became too distressed. Turns out that I had a rim around my cervix, as well as Emilia having brow presentation so forceps couldn't be used and she was stuck.
As for contraception at the mo just using condoms and tracking my cycles so avoiding dtd around ovulation too. I did start taking cerazette after Emilia was born but I was just bleeding continuously so I decided it wasn't worth messing up my cycles seen as we would be ttc again so soon.
How's it coming along with your cycle? Do you think you have already ovulated now? I don't know how you cope with such long cycles, I'd be constantly looking out for AF!

T8ty I love the name Isabella btw. I would have named my daughter that but my SIL beat me to it and named out niece that but spelt with a Z not an S.

Jessica's mum I'm sure your cat will be fine with your baby. I've had my dog 10 years now and I thought he'd be a bit put out with a baby arriving but he's fine with her. He's really gentle, he's just not very interested lol! If she goes near him he turns his nose away like she's a bad smell haha!

Meep have you done a test yet Hun? So exciting!!

Faith what chutneys have you been making? I love chutneys!! I could buy loads of them from a lack farm shop and just eat the jars haha!
Have you had the vaccine yet then Hun?

How's everyone doing with the healthy eating and weight loss for those of you who are doing that? I'm not doing fabulously lol! But we are skint at the mo due to moving house and I find it really hard to budget my food shop and eat healthy at the same time! Fresh food is so expensive sometimes! Especially as my df is never home so I am essentially buying for one, it means half the fresh stuff I get ends up wasted!

Hi Bailey,

It's a little early for me to test as (by my calculations at least) AF should arrive on the 27th/28th/29th ... I'm pretty sure I Od on the 13th/14th, so if I conceived, it probably hasn't even implanted yet. I hope I did! Haha. Hope stupid AF doesn't turn up. My longest cycle so far has been 32 days so I guess I should wait until then to do a test, but I am almost 100% positive I Od earlier. The wait is going to kill me, but I don't want to feel disappointed unless I absolutely have to!

I will let you all know what happens!!

If it is positive, I'm going to be such a wreck as I had a first trimester MC when I was young (very young) ... ahhh, it's all so terrifying!!

Meep. x

Bailey: what breed is your dog? my cat is a very strange cat he does little things like a dog would do like chase his tail when he's playing, lick your face and when the post comes he does this cute thing and runs and sits on it until you pick it up :haha: The woman we got him from when he was a kitten said he use to sleep with the dogs so I think he must of got some tricks off them lol

Aw that's so cute Jessica's mum!! What an awesome cat!! My dog (he's Bailey, I use his name as my username lol) is a golden retriever. He's almost 11 now so I think he's a bit cantankerous lol, but he's so soft and gentle with Emilia.

Meep I had a first trimester loss too just before I had Emilia, she was my rainbow baby. I went to my 12 week scan and they told me the baby had only grown to the size of 11 weeks so I'd lost her the week before (we didn't know she was a girl just a guess). But look at me now, with my 6 month old daughter currently screaming and fighting her nap lol! Try not to panic too much, I know it's hard but having a MC doesn't have any bearing on whether you will have another (although I bet as soon as I get pregnant again all I will be doing is worrying about MC too!!).

Hi,

It's so encouraging to know that you had your gorgeous little girl (not just saying it, your picture is lovely) following a loss. It's a horrible thing to happen and I wouldn't wish it on anyone.

My loss happened nearly nine years ago now, but I still think about it every day. I haven't been pregnant or tried to get pregnant since, so it's all very scary. I just want it to happen, and go right. I don't think I could cope with something like that again!

For me, the baby stopped developing at just five weeks. I was at an early scan (as I was 17 and considering terminating) when they told me this. Almost a month later, I lost the baby in a very violent MC that had me in hospital on a drip for a couple of nights.

The cruellest thing was, I booked myself in for that scan almost as soon as I found out I was pregnant and by the time they had a slot for me, maybe three weeks later, I was adamant that there was no way I would be terminating my baby. Still, I guess it just wasn't to be. I should have taken the D&C I was offered, but I think my stupid young self thought it couldn't be true and that if I just waited a little longer, my baby would catch up - I was wrong ...

So yeah - nine years later I'm ready to try for real. I'm in a good relationship and feel emotionally mature and stable enough to be a parent. I just hope that what happened all those years ago wasn't the only chance I was ever going to have, and that's why I get scared. Your story gives me hope.

Meep. x

Aw no Hun I don't think that would have been your only hope at all. And your rainbow babies will now have their own guardian angel watching over them.
To give you more hope, I work with someone who has had 5 MCs and is currently 31 weeks pregnant. She knew she had a chromosome problem as her mum had the same problem but she didn't give up and just as she was waiting for selective IVF she got pregnant with this rainbow. So there's always hope!

And thank you for saying my daughter is gorgeous, I think so too but I'm biased lol! I should update that pic next time I'm on the PC actually coz she's grown so much and is a little monkey now lol!

Wowzers! It's been busy here :) So glad we've got a little group started.

Meep - so sorry to hear of your loss as well. I love bailey's words of the guardian angel....such a positive way to view such a hard loss. You ladies are tough!

Bailey - healthy eating is going good for me (besides the big bowl of KD I just devoured with my kiddos!) lol. I don't have any weight to lose but am just eating healthy to eat healthy :)- Hope your move is going smoothly....did you buy or relocate?

AFM - no temp today as I fell asleep with the thermometer in my mouth and ended up with a really low reading, lol, I must have been tired! Tonight I'm drinking wine with some company who is coming to stay with us for a few nights and tomorrow night were at a wedding so I won't bother temping until Monday now as the alcohol will mess with my temps. OPKs are still negative and with company here I doubt DH and I will get it on anyway....

What's everyone's plans for the weekend?

We have a surprise party for my mom's 50th tonight, so we're all in stealth mode and I can't handle it. :haha:

Tmb - we are still renting at the mo but we needed a bigger house seen as we plan on ttc number 2 lol so we are just moving a little further into the town centre. One day we will eventually manage to save enough money to get a deposit on a house I hope! It's so hard these days, we need about £20,000 just to get started and it's just so hard to get that kind of money together without being given it by family or something!
My healthy eating isn't going too well like yours sadly lol! I'm trying but sometimes it's just so much easier to just grab some toast or a bag of crisps lol! I don't have much weight to lose (14 pounds would be fab) so I'm not too bothered, just want to get more vitamins etc.
You do well to temp, I would totally forget every morning! Do you find it helps you pinpoint ovulation better than opks? I got my positive opk Thursday night and had really strong O pains yesterday morning so AF should be due in about 14 days now.
You sound like you've got a nice weekend planned! My df works weekends so I have nothing on at all :nope: except more packing and housework boo!

Angiepie - ooh I love surprise parties! I hope it all goes well!

Thanks ladies. It's very encouraging to hear all these stories of success. I do feel ok about what happened now really but it took a long time. Not sure how I'd cope if I had more than just that one MC though. Fingers crossed. I do see myself with children in the future, just got to think positively and be optimistic. And of course, I've still got the hope that AF will not show her haggard face this month!! (Although I have come down with a stinking cold and boyfriend has been vomiting all morning - NOT alcohol related - so if I have conceived the poor little thing is probably thinking 'AAAGGH THIS SUCKS').

Bailey, she is beautiful! Her little fluffy head, awww ... dark-haired babies always make me smile - are you and your partner both dark? Boyfriend is dark but I am blonde - I wonder what colour hair our future child might inherit?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->