Waiting till the new year - TTC January 2014!

Oh no, hope the cold gets better meep! I hate colds, they suck! And I hope your oh doesn't have anything serious! How long til AF is due? Oh ignore that just read above lol, it's due about 27th which is a week tomorrow isn't it?
Me and df both have mousey brown hair but mine has red tinges to it, and df has a ginger beard lol (his brother is ginger as well) and I can see little tinges of red in Emilia's hair now lol! When I was a kid though my hair was dark blonde so for some reason I was expecting Emilia to have blonde hair! I was quite shocked in labour when the MW said "oh I can see a thick head of dark hair!"

Ha yeah, it's crap, but seems to be waning a little. Poor boyfriend is lying next to me with closed eyes and a pained expression on his face - in fairness to him, it MUST be bad as he is convinced he is Superman and never gets ill. He is very upset and trying to pretend he is fine, but he woke me up at 7 with the force of his puking (yuck) and the bathroom is all the way down the hall.

Maybe it's a sign. Maybe he's getting morning sickness in sympathy because I'm going to fall pregnant this month and he's squeezing in a bit of illness before he has to devote all his time to looking after me. Or he's got norovirus. :/

Yeah around the 27th ... I'm not getting my hopes up TOO much, but I think we may be in with a good chance! Hooray!

I swear most men with beards have bits of ginger in them! Boyfriend does ... his beard is hilarious. And I have a slight ginger tinge, though I don't have a beard, so I suppose our child could be a redhead. I'd be happy with anything. All my children, I am sure, will look absolutely divine to me. Can't imagine seeing my child, out in the open, for the first time - that must have been amazing for you after all the anticipation and tantalising comments about the colour of her hair!! Look forward to seeing some new photos of her if you choose to upload them!

I'll try and get on the laptop today and change my pic, got some crackers of pictures with funny faces recently!

Yeah people always comment on her hair coz most baby girls are bald and she was born with loads of hair! And I did have really bad heartburn in pregnancy and they say that's a sign of lots of hair (not sure if I believe that one though!)

Aw your poor oh! I hope he doesn't have norovirus, that can be really nasty! You should keep clear of him anyway coz if you are pregnant you don't wanna get that! (I work in care though and we had a norovirus outbreak when I was pregnant and thankfully I didn't get it!).

Pregnant or not, I don't want to get it - I had it at the very beginning of this year and it was ghastly! He's still asleep. Lol.

Don't I know it - I didn't have any hair (apart from a pathetic dandelion fluff fuzz) until I was about 2!! And I am pretty sure I gave my mother awful heartburn throughout the entire nine months. Then I pooped all over her as soon as I was born and laid on her chest. What a lovely child I was!

Was up all night puking after catching whatever boyfriend had, despite trying hard to be careful about hand-washing and hygiene. :(

Don't feel sick now but my joints and muscles are agony. I hope this doesn't affect anything. :(

Hi ladies. I think this just might be where I belong. I need to get my body in check. Have started on my prenatals now I need to really get a constant work out.
Other than that I think am Gud to go!!!!

keep - How are you feeling? Have you recouped completly from the bug? Have you tested yet?

Kitty - welcome :)

Bailey - all my little ones had a ton of hair :) I only had mild heartburn with one of them!

t - how are you doing?

AFM - cd25 and still haven't ovulated! Getting frustrated, argh :( Have a great weekend planed though so I should beable to manage another week or so before I get really frustrated with this cycle. DH is flying the kids and I into a camp for the weekend. Hopefully it will be warm enough for a bit of fishing and some other outdoor fun :) it is snowing here today :( Looks really pretty but it makes me sad the the cold weather is coming :(

Sorry I've been MIA for a bit....going to try to be a better poster :)

Absolutely fine thanks :) - the bug lasted less than twelve hours. Haven't tested yet as it's still a bit early - going to wait until I'm officially due/late. Fx!!

Meep - so glad you're feeling a'okay :) Just a few more days to go!

How's everyone doing?

Lol, couldn't wait - did a First Response test just now - BFN. So probably back to the original plan I suppose! :D

How long ago do you think you ovulated meep?

Tmb any sign of ovulation for you yet?

Kitty welcome Hun how are you? Are you tracking cycles etc?

Afm just waiting on AF this month, think it should be due Thursday next week so we will see....I purposely avoided dtd around O (to be honest me and df hardly see each other when dd isn't with us and awake for us to be able to dtd lol) so should be arriving but then again you can never be certain when you O can you?

Pretty sure it was the 13th/14th, so 11, maybe 12 days ago? First Response is meant to be able to tell up to six days in advance in some cases. Could be too early for me to tell I supppse (I dunno how quickly my body produces hCG as with my first pregnancy I didn't take a test for a couple of weeks after I missed AF), but I doubt I'm pregnant this time. Hey ho.

Cute picture. :)

Meep - sorry about the bfn :( AF is not yet late for you thou :) If AF dose show, at least you seem to have wrapped your mind around the fact that you weren't planning to try quite yet anyway! Those bfn are a killer, but even more so when you are in full force ttc mode. I hope when the time comes you get to see your BFP quickly :)

Bailey - no signs of o yet :( boooo! Hope AF arrives on time for you. Only 2 more cycles of avoiding! Is your DH still on the same page?

AFM - Hoping to head to camp tonight....depends what time DH is done work. If not tonight, we will head out in the morning :) Ill talk to you all in a few days :)

Ah, I have a strong feeling that The Witch will be cackling in full force soon. Never mind!

I hope it happens quickly too, for all of us. This waiting to start trying is bad enough. Uuugh! Come on January 1!!

Meep you never know, could be a late implanter. Those first response (frer I think is the abbreviation) aren't always very good before AF is due. They can predict that early but only in about 30% of women I think. But it's good that you won't be too sad if the witch does come. I was gonna come on here earlier an ask "is it new year yet?" Lol, I was shopping for Emilia and for my new nephew and I got him these teeny tiny little dungarees so got broody again! Even though I have Emilia I can't wait to have a brother or sister for her!

Tmb yeah my df would have had us creating babies straight after we had Emilia lol! He wants lots of kids and so do I but he isn't as practical as I am (nor does he think about the fact I had a c section and it needs to heal lol). He can't wait to start ttc! That's what makes it harder for me coz he keeps asking if we can yet lol!
Have fun at camp Hun! Hope you have a good weekend!

Mine if I join ladies?

My husband and I are sorta non-trying, not preventing but will be actively 'trying' in January. I miscarried in May and am finding this month very hard because I would have been due in a couple of weeks. I was hoping to be pregnant by now, but we're trying to organize a few things before we officially start trying. The countdown is on though! Only three cycle left before we can start! Very exciting :D

Welcome auntie Kate, or do you prefer just kate lol?! Those due dates can be so hard Hun, I hope you find a way to remember your lost LO without it being too hard for you Hun.
And yes only 2/3 more cycles for me too (3 AFs but technically the third cycle will be when I ttc lol!). We are the same as you and we are sort of not preventing now, I'd rather wait so I can have an 18 month gap so I can possibly vbac but if I do fall pregnant between now an January then it was meant to be and I will just have an ELCS. Plus I go back to work in January and would rather not already be pregnant lol!

Thanks Bailey! Kate is just fine :)

I'm just trying to focus on things I can control right now. Such as, lose 5 kg before January, become more fit and save some cash. Anything to keep my mind busy and not looking at lovely bump pictures on babyandbump ;) haha

Waiting to try for vbac sounds like a solid plan! I hope that works out well for you! But, if you went back to work pregnant maybe people wouldn't catch on right away. They would probably think you were tired from coming back to work. I didn't like the first bit when you're clearly feeling the effects of being pregnant but trying to keep it hidden.

I'm secretly hoping for an oops again; I'm not sure how I'll handle the stress of 'trying'. I may just buy some OPKs to save some hassle. How much will you be tracking?

I've been on and off tracking my cycles for the last few months and have figured out that I seem to ovulate on cd16/17 so that gives me a good timeframe for when we start ttc lol! I don't mind doing the opks coz it's just a quick pee on a stick but I have never bothered temping coz I think if constantly forget lol! You have to take it first thing in the morning before you even move out of bed! I don't know how that would work with me though coz would 5am when I get up to settle my daughter be classed as when I "get up"?? Not sure lol. But I find opks work really well for me.
I have to say it becomes a bit obsessive though, when I first got pregnant I had just come off the pill and we were just seeing what happened so no tracking, but after the mc I felt like I had to put more effort in somehow. I also used preseed (lube to help spermies live longer lol). I don't know if it helped but I conceived Emilia first cycle of using it!

My work mates would guess I was pregnant I think, I work with all women and I'd have to tell my boss coz as it's care work and we get some illness outbreaks at times as well as moving and handling issues so I wouldn't be able to hide it lol! I didn't last time.

I can definately understand trying to keep your mind focused on other things, it seems to be on my mind so much at the moment! It's weird coz I hated being pregnant and now I can't wait to be again lol!

Who's the cute little chocolate lab in the pic? I love them, my mum had 2 and I loved them so much. They are such loveable dogs!

Hehe, it's lovely being an aunt isn't it? That's my little nephew in the picture! I loved buying him his first birthday present in May this year! I got him a little abacus with wooden sparrows and beads on it, and when he was 'opening' it (with the help of my sister) he started going 'Ab! Ab! Ab!' which was of course a total coincidence, but so cute all the same. I've always wanted kids, but since he arrived I've been totally crazy about it all!

Unfortunately, I think AF is definitely on her wicked way. Still, I could be wrong. Ah, that would be great ...

Hi, AuntieKate, and welcome!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->