Waiting till the new year - TTC January 2014!

Hi Meep! I've actually been an Aunt since I was 15 and I've been obsessive about kids ever since! I'm 29 now and definitely ready for my own! I definitely get where you're coming from! Has your AF arrived yet?

Thanks Bailey! The chocolate lab in the picture is our 1 year old, crazy high-energy, goofy, lovable boy, Hank. Most of the time, I just loove him but sometime I want to smack him silly. He's a very smart boy and understands what you're saying so well, but he sometimes he's soo darn stubborn. :wacko: Really needs more training.

I tried temping last cycle and it lasted three days. I just couldn't remember to take my temp before popping out of bed. I'm a shift worker too, so I figured it would be useless for the days I work nights. OPKs it is. I also try to keep track of my CM because that's pretty obvious.

Did your work mates know when you miscarried too? I work in an ER, so everyone is pretty quick. There were a few rumours flying around about me; a) I was depressed b) I was pregnant c) I was unwell. Turns out, it was all true. Not an easy time for sure!

I just can't take my mind off baby-making mode. It's to the point where I have to consciously not talk to my husband about it. I think I was annouying him dropping little comments here and there.

Yeah, I love it, but I can't deny I was a bit jealous when my sister announced she was expecting. Got over it pretty quickly, but I still felt silly about it! I guess if I hadn't had the MC all those years ago, it wouldn't have been an issue.

No sign of AF yet but I am definitely feeling something going on. It'll probably be tomorrow I reckon, but I may be wrong. Ha, I really hope I'm wrong!

Kate - yeah everyone at work knew about my MC too, at the time I was also working with some service users that had some, not violent issues, but aggression issues, so I had to let everyone know so they could look out for me. Plus I had so many complications with my MC I was off work for almost a month so they may have guessed what had gone on anyway. I actually found it helped me that everyone around me knew, some people didnt know how to deal with it but most people were so lovely and it really made me feel cared for and loved. I had lots of extra support and found a few of my workmates actually had been through it to so could relate and we could talk about it, so when I got pregnant 2nd time I didnt want to hide it from anyone. I also found that they all helped me when I was worried during my 2nd pregnancy and were all there alongside me so it was really nice.
I've got 5 nephews and nieces and I love being an Aunty too! They are all on df's side and I would love for my brother to have a child too but I dont think that will ever happen, he's not the family man kinda guy lol!
Aww Hank looks and sounds like a great dog! I love dogs, mines getting old now though and I cant watch Marley and Me coz it makes me cry too much thinking that might be my Bailey soon!!

Meep - not to get your hopes up again but both times I was pregnant I was sure AF was due coz the early pregnancy cramps are the same as AF cramps! So fingers crossed for you! And if not we are all still here to "egg" you on in ttc with us (sorry for the terrible pun there lol!)

Hehe, so I've heard - that's how I managed to convice myself I was pregnant last cycle - cramping for a whole week before AF turned up later than I had calculated!

No sign of AF this morning, and I don't feel like she's coming any more, which is odd. I also have really sore boobs which is normal for me through the LP but it usually subsides a couple of days before AF ... I'm a bit confused as I am 99% sure I Od on the 13th and I think my luteal phase is 13 or 14 days. Usually by now I'd be feeling AF symptoms strongly, but these ones just keep coming and going. TMI, but I have a lot of CM going on. I thought I was getting AF in the middle of a shop in Glastonbury yesterday (we were there choosing a singing bowl as part of my present for my birthday on Tuesday) - but it was just CM ...

I have no idea what's going on! Will be so nice though to have the group of us all TTC at the same time. Were you on this site when you started trying for Emilia?

I was yeah meep, I joined the group whilst looking for support after my miscarriage in March 2012, then I started ttc and 3 months later found out I was pregnant with Emilia!

Again not to be getting your hopes up but lots of CM was also a symptom of early pregnancy for me and I've heard a lot of other women say it too! Eeek! Will you test?

Aaaaggghhh!! I really don't think I am PG but everything is freaking me out a bit! No AF yet ... lots of cramping and horrendous boobs. Weird CM too. Sort of clear/whitish and really smooth? I just don't know! I was thinking maybe I'd wait tomorrow, then test on Tuesday if no sign, but that would be my birthday, and I wouldn't be depressed or anything if it was negative, but if it was POSITIVE then ... f**k, I don't know!

I probably SHOULD test as I'll be wanting a few glasses of bubbly but obviously I don't want to make that mistake if I AM expecting. I'm spending the day with my family as well so I'd have to think of an excuse quickly to cover my sudden and uncharacteristic lack of interest in drinking champagne!

EEEEEEEP!

Aaaaggghhh!! I really don't think I am PG but everything is freaking me out a bit! No AF yet ... lots of cramping and horrendous boobs. Weird CM too. Sort of clear/whitish and really smooth? I just don't know! I was thinking maybe I'd wait tomorrow, then test on Tuesday if no sign, but that would be my birthday, and I wouldn't be depressed or anything if it was negative, but if it was POSITIVE then ... f**k, I don't know!

I probably SHOULD test as I'll be wanting a few glasses of bubbly but obviously I don't want to make that mistake if I AM expecting. I'm spending the day with my family as well so I'd have to think of an excuse quickly to cover my sudden and uncharacteristic lack of interest in drinking champagne!

EEEEEEEP!

Well. Woke up this morning. Super sore boobs. Did another First Response test and ... BFP!!! I'm in total shock and so is boyfriend, but there's no doubt that it's positive. Took a photo of it but I don't know how to post it on here in this message, so I've put it as my avatar ... I'm not just imagining it am I??? To be honest guys, I'm absolutely terrified. Just ... AHHHHHH. I'm happy, but ... AHHHHHH. Sorry if this is a rambling load of crap. HELP.

Hi can I join?

I'm currently on a break from ttc after a mc in august which included two d&c's a week apart so I think it probably took alot out of my body.

That's not why I'm waiting though! I want a Christmas with no stress of am I pregnant?/ having a mc?/ how do I keep it a secret? (my close family know if the mc). I also start a new job in Jan and don't want to start it already however many months pregnant.

so basically my first cycle after xmas we will be ttc and the hardest part is knowing when Im ovulating (roughly) and not trying!

Well. Woke up this morning. Super sore boobs. Did another First Response test and ... BFP!!! I'm in total shock and so is boyfriend, but there's no doubt that it's positive. Took a photo of it but I don't know how to post it on here in this message, so I've put it as my avatar ... I'm not just imagining it am I??? To be honest guys, I'm absolutely terrified. Just ... AHHHHHH. I'm happy, but ... AHHHHHH. Sorry if this is a rambling load of crap. HELP.

that's a definite positive- CONGRATULATIONS

Meep - OMG! What a great birthday surprise (almost on your birthday anyway)! That is a definite positive....So exciting! So much for us all starting TTC together, eh? Haha....you better stick around though :) I just looked back at my positive test from 14/15dpo and it was about as dark as your so I'd say you've got yourself a nice sticky bean in there! So happy for you!

Kate - welcome! I have a dog as well, she is a black lab/husky mix. Very hyper but oh so loyal and loving :) as for nieces and nephews, I have 12 on DH's side and 1 and one on the way on my side.

Bailey - I had a little chuckle with all your comments on keeps symptoms....looks like you were right!

AFM - back from camp....we had fun but we are all tired! We got in last night around dinner time and ended up with my brother in law here for the night and tonight we have one of my good friends, her bf and little man coming to stay for a few nights. Busy, busy but I am happy to have them all :)

Meep: a massive congratulations :happydance: here's to a happy healthy 9 months :dust:

Well I had a chat with hubby yesterday morning and asked him what actual date he thinks we should start TTC again, he said new years day because what a day to start the new year, so my official TTC is new years day!!!

Hehe, thank you all. Still drifting about in a daze, making regular trips back upstairs to look at my test.

Tmb - hahaha, I know! I totally failed! I'm a little embarrassed actually, feel like a total prat! Lol. I just didn't think it would happen so quickly. I will definitely be hanging around spying to make sure each of you gets your BFP. You really think this one will stay? I hope so. Between bouts of nervous mania I am beginning to feel really very excited indeed!

From now on, I think everyone should go to Bailey with their symptoms ... she's like a human pregnancy test.

Haha lol well it just all sounded so much like my symptoms when I was pregnant that I thought you were, and yay I was right lol!!

Massive congratulations Hun and a happy and healthy 9 months!!! :happydance: :happydance: :happydance:
Sooooo excited for you and I agree with tmb, you better stick around lol!!
It will be your rainbow baby for sure! Get yourself into the doctors to have it all confirmed etc!

Tmb glad you had a good time at camp and glad for all your company! Being busy is always better isn't it? I thrive under pressure lol (although moving house this week is really killing me!!)

Apple hi and welcome!! Sorry for your loss Hun, hopefully you will get your new year rainbow baby!

Jessica's mum yay for getting an official date!!! Mine will be almost the same all depending on when AF shows the next couple of cycles really, I will be ttc the week after my December AF, which if my cycle sticks to plan will be due Christmas Day ouch!! But when I had my first pregnancy my official start of it was Christmas Day too as that's when my AF came so could be a positive sign!

Hi all. Can I join ?
Just read all the posts. And I know Kate from another thread.
I turned 30 last month and DH turned 35 this month. We are NTNP since 2013 January. But we will be TTC from January 2014.

Welcome fairyy! How are you?

We are getting quite a little group here aren't we?

Hi,

I'm new to all of this (forums/WTT/TTC etc) so you'll have to excuse any clumsy posts or not understanding abbreviations etc.

I'll turn 32 in December (23rd) and today is Husband's 33rd birthday. We've been married since April. I would have been all for TTC as soon as we were married but Husband made me see the sense in WTT. I have been a Christian for over 16 years and 'saved myself' so our wedding night was my first time. He wanted to be married a year before TTC but I talked him down to TTC in the New Year (from AF tracker first O of 2014 should be around Jan 14th).

So broody and know so many people at church etc with LOs. Husband's cousin had a boy on Saturday and his uni friend had a girl on Sunday. At the weekend we're going to Cumbria for my best friend's daughter's dedication (she's 8 months old).

Can't wait for TTC and getting a BFP.

Bluebell/Laura

Welcome bluebell and fairy :) Wonderful to have you both!

meep - I want an update! How are you?

bailey - How funny that you will be trying at the same time for this one as you did for your last....how long did you try with your first?

AFM - my temps are looking like I might have Od but I'm thinking I didn't. Sleep has been horrible the last week with company and camping so I don't trust my temps. Also, today I checked my cervix and it is super high which means that I could or should o soon. Going to take an OPK today and see what it shows. I guess DH and I should be careful just in case....although meep's BFP has stepped up my baby fever slightly! Haha

Jessica - I forgot to say HI! Glad you have an official date now :) We are aiming for January 1st as well....although with my crazy cycles I have no clue where I will be at in my cycle at that time. Either way, I know what I'll be doing when the clock strikes 12 on New Years :) Hehehehe.....I suppose as long as AF is not ringing in the new year with me!

Jessica's mum yay for getting an official date!!! Mine will be almost the same all depending on when AF shows the next couple of cycles really, I will be ttc the week after my December AF, which if my cycle sticks to plan will be due Christmas Day ouch!! But when I had my first pregnancy my official start of it was Christmas Day too as that's when my AF came so could be a positive sign!

Thanks :flower: My cycles are a bit crazy but hoping I will catch ovulation in January if my next couple cycles stay the same :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->