Waking up thirsty during the night

Kmx

Reaction score
Would you say this is anything to be concerned about? I drink about 6-8 big glasses of water a day and still wake up thirsty as anything during the night (around 3am) which never happens to me when not oregnant. I didn't have it in my last pregnancy.

I'm a bit concerned about GD as my diet hasn't been the best and I crave chocolate so bad sometimes during the day and give in a lot. Just a bit worried now :(

I wouldn't worry at all! We are getting into the warmer months and plus we are dealing with a belly and extra weight it's normal to naturally crave more fluids. I drink close to a gallon of water every day and even during the night I get up to pee then I drink again.

It's probably just instinct for you this time. Hopefully it's not GD but try not to think about that even though I know it's hard.

I'm the same at the minute! Waking up and my throat is literally stuck together its horrid. I find that if I limit my salt intake then that helps quite a lot

I wake up so thirsty even though i drink loads. Our temperatures increase slightly when pregnant & i guess with everything working that bit harder, our bodies need more water. I wish i was past the sicky stage though so i could drink something with flavour during the day lol x

I wake up super thirsty at night. I pee, drink and repeat. Just passed my GD a week ago so it doesn't have to be that at all. I agree with pp, you're rubbing warmer and dealing with extra weight and discomfort so your body needs more.

I wouldn't worry. I get up usually 3 times a night just to have some water! So I got myself a 2L water jug and fill it just before I go to bed. Have to refill it before I lay down, cause it's nearly empty.

Before I was pregnant. I'd drink half a cup of water per WEEK… big change.

I go to bed every night with a big glass of water on my night stand. Every time I wake up to pre I drink some water. My mouth gets so dry because I sleep with it open. Lol I was worried about my sugars too. I had my doc do a glucose test and all was normal. I wouldn't worry too much. I think it's pretty normal to be thirsty at night while pregnant:)

I wake up to pee every night and then need to drink water every night!
I think it's a normal pregnancy symptom for sure

I haven't been sleeping well and when I wake up throughout the night, I always have a dry mouth and I'm super thirsty!

I am diabetic with controlled sugars and I still pee and drink repeat all night every night I wouldnt be overly concerned but maybe mention it if you are worried always better to be safe than sorry :flower:

Yes, I pretty much am thirsty alll night, but I do just ignore it. I think I have gotten to that thirsty feeling as I have it ALL the time, not just during the night.

But, it may be worth getting your urine checked for proteins. Do you have long before your next appointment?

I also wake up during the night to pee and drink some water ... like twice a night

Before I got pregnant I had to force myself to drink water. I hated it, I would honestly rather go thirsty.
But now I have been drinking at least 4-5 bottles a day. this is a huge change for me but I must need it, because I am always thirsty and as I know how sugary/calorie loaded juice is, I always stick to a cold bottle of water.

oh yeah - I also wake up EVERY single night at the same time with a full bladder. Always at 3 am. Even if I pee out everything I have before bed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->