walsall manor hospital

Emma 21

Mum of 4 under 5years
Reaction score
any experience of walsall manor hospital for birth i have i bad experience and one ok experience and am due to get induced there in 3 weeks due to my blood clotting disorder... just wondered if anyone had given birth their recently x

nope but thats where im having my baby since i live in walsall :)

I have been in and out of the manor for the past 4 weeks!

I would have a back up hospital planned as they have closed Labour and Delivery ward three times. In the last 10 days they have shut the ward 3 times!

I have had good and bad experiences depends on how busy they are and which midwife you get.

i had a bad experience then a good one but im going to lichfield this time but manor has been newly built hasnt it? so i dont know much about the new building hope all goes well x x x

omg didnt know there was so many ladies local to me!! sorry that was random i havent had a baby at the manor but one of my friends has recently and she mentioned that she had a good experience but others havent previously. mind you thats the same anywhere. i had my first at new x and had a pretty good experience but someone else i know had one there a few months later and hated it. like one of the girls said it deoends on the midwife you get and how busy they are unfortunately.

hth. x

The Maternity department is not new it is about 8- 10 years old its the ante natel clinc that is new.

I have been in and out of the manor for the past 4 weeks!

I would have a back up hospital planned as they have closed Labour and Delivery ward three times. In the last 10 days they have shut the ward 3 times!

I have had good and bad experiences depends on how busy they are and which midwife you get.

seroiusly why? and is it still the old building where u give birth??? xx

hey i daint realise there were so many of us so where do u all live...n how far gone

They have closed the ward due to the amount of people in labour! It is still the square building it is attached on the right hand side of the new hospital! Where you go to have your scans if that is on your left their is double doors in front of you labour is at the end of that corridor.

I live right near the Police station! and am 32 weeks

I'm having mine at new x! God there is quite s few from Wolverhampton then lol

I was living in Walsall when I had my 2nd baby so had him at Manor Hospital and couldn't rate it highly enough. The midwife was amazing and it felt like a home birth, we were tempted to hang around there this time despite now living in Sheffield! I hope it goes well, hello to all the Walsall Mummies to be, I only lived there for about a year but I do miss the New Art Gallery.

It has gotten very busy now sandwell has closed, i dont think they are coping that well (especially if they are having to close that often!)

i went in at 13 weeks (was booked at manor and now booked at city) with quite a big bleed and had a mixed experience. i thought i was miscarrying because i was literally gushing with blood. i went to a and e in tears (by myself because my partner had gone to find somewhere to park the car) and explained what was happening and she asked how much i was bleeding. i said i wasnt sure because i came straight here but it was literally running down my legs (TMI lol) before i put a pad on. she told me to go to the toilet and check, so i did and told her i had soaked through the pad and it had gone through to my trousers. she then decided i wasnt bleeding enough (wtf how much mroe did they want??) and sent me to waldoc (which is like an out of hours emergency GP service really). anyway i walked round there by myself, my partner had no idea where i was. i got round there and had to explain it all again and asked for a sanitary pad to be told they had none, this is a hospital right??? it was literally soaking through my trousers at this point and she told me to go sit down and wait. i was literally sobbing my heart out, i was nearly hysterical i thought i was losing my baby. there were loads more people in the waiting room just staring at me crying and loads of kids running around. i waited about 5-10 mins and my mum burst in (had called her on the way) and came straight over to me, she sent my dad to find my OH and then went up to the desk to ask the woman wtf is she doing, 1.have some compassion and 2.find a effing sanitary pad. they then took me straight through to a little room (i was too scared to get up though because everytime i tried i could feel that i was about to leak blood everywhere) the doctor saw me pretty much straight away and said theres nothing he could do, im in the wrong place, but he would refer me to Early pregnancy unit straight away. a student took me up and kept trying to talk to me, but i really didnt want to talk at this point so my mum kept answering for me. she left me in a room in epu and they hadnt changed the sheets from the previous patient, so my mum did it. From then on they were pretty good. the nurses were really sympathetic and just generally lovely and they were so quick at sorting things out. they got the doc straight away and he did a scan straight away so we saw LO's little heart beat :) he did other checks too and everything was fine, so i got sent home again (extremely relieved!) and they did discharge papers straight away (which took ages last time i was in at sandwell!)

i had heard bad things about the manor, so overall i was happy with my experience, but i think if i had cared about anything else at the start apart from thinking i was losing my baby, i would have been completely humiliated :(

i had my 1st baby ther last year, th midwfes wer complete arses to me, wel th ones on my ward wer. Didnt wana give me th time of day, very lng story. Duno if it was cuz im young bt stil doesent giv them th rite to treat patients, wel vulnerable women lyk tha tbf! Im due to giv birth there agen in 6wks, god help me lol. im 34wks n from leamore btw. X x

hey i live in darlaston and currently 36 weeks :) and im 23 with 1st baby

They have closed the ward due to the amount of people in labour! It is still the square building it is attached on the right hand side of the new hospital! Where you go to have your scans if that is on your left their is double doors in front of you labour is at the end of that corridor.

I live right near the Police station! and am 32 weeks

u mean burrowes st? thats where u live im 35 weeks today, and i am being induced on the 27th June due to a blood clotting disorder... i have to ring at 7 ma and be in for 8am. i live on webster road but used to live chuckery tmo, we will have to meet up. My name is Emma by the way and i am 25 and having my 3rd baby x:cloud9:

i had my 1st baby ther last year, th midwfes wer complete arses to me, wel th ones on my ward wer. Didnt wana give me th time of day, very lng story. Duno if it was cuz im young bt stil doesent giv them th rite to treat patients, wel vulnerable women lyk tha tbf! Im due to giv birth there agen in 6wks, god help me lol. im 34wks n from leamore btw. X x

hey i live near you. webster road i have had good and bad experiences with the manor inclding horrific mc experiences that still realy upset me, if we drove i would probably choose to have my baby elsewhere... x im 25 having my 3rd being induced there in 3 weeks and tbh dont have a clue what i know i have found out off internet, they told me they were inducing me and gave me a leaflet that is it

I live just of Hospital Street on the new estate Im Laura and also 25 lol

Heya all Im having my baby at the Manor hosp too.. I had a crap experience there with my first, I was induced and they messed up with the propess things they induce with and gave me 2 instead of one.. too cut a long story short, I had almost continuous contractions from the start, dilated much too fast and my dd went into distress towards the end as it was too much for her.. saying that tho as soon as they knew theyd messed up they put me in a room to myself and were lovely to me.. Iv just heard another horror story aswell that someone my friend knows is going back into the manor today for an op after a surgical instrument from a c section op 3 years ago was left in thr :S how true it is i dont know :/ I didnt realise thr were a few people on here from these ends x

wow, theres lots of us local to walsal, im in wednesbury and im going to walsal manor..but iv been put off from reading all these negative stories now

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->