Want to be my buddy? I'm going ca-RAZY all alone!

Hello ladies!

I'm so glad you guys know about dogs. My OH really wants to get a puppy of almost any big breed, but he reckons it would be best to get it at the same time that we have a baby! I've never had a dog, just cats (and we have two now) so I don't really know what would be best, but it seems a lot to take on our first puppy and baby at the same time.

Still a few days away from ov now anyhow. Hoping to test around New Year's!
Good luck to everyone for a happy holiday surprise! :dust:

Yay! Puppies!! But, I totally agree with Titi. Best to get a puppy either before or after a baby - puppies are SO SO SO much work. People don't realize it, but they really are, for a good year or so at least. As for breed, little dog, big dog (obviously my preference is for big) - size doesn't matter so much as temperament, patience, and training. Every dog is different too - my two are COMPLETELY different even though they have had the same upbringing. Guess it's like kids? :) Labs are always a safe bet, but there are plenty of children-friendly breeds. Puppies make me happy!!

Update re: TTC - AF is here with a vengence. Guess I'm definitely out now. Oh well, bring on the rum and eggnog :winkwink:

Hello ladies........well im 29 and ttc afew months now, this wa the 1st month i used ic opk's but never got a dark definite result so just hopin and prayin i did 'O' and caught that wee eggy.
Titi............im on the same dpo as u!!!!!!!! when u gonna test?????
im thinking this sat/sun which will make me 11/12dpo.
What do you think??????
:dust:

LuvMyBoys - Sorry to hear :witch: has arrived. Enjoy the xmas drinkies and look forward to a 2010 BFP.

I have a lurcher (deerhound x greyhound) and a beagle (both resuces) - they are great with my partner's neice and nephew - even with having their tails pulled and toys taken etc.

Hopefulheart - I have to say I would always recommend beagles - this is my 2nd, my auntie has 2 beagle puppies, and I know quite a few 'doggie' people who have beagles and young children and have never had any problems.

I grew up with 3 dobermans - my dad got his bitch puppy a year before I was born (she had 10 pups and we kept 2) and when I was a toddler, she was taught to 'fetch the baby'. When I'd run off down the beach, she'd chase after me, take my arm in her mouth and lead me back to my dad!

My dad always said the looks from passersby were priceless!

I'm starting to worry that ovulation isn't gonna happen this month - my temp has gone down again today. I'm hoping it'll shoot up tomorow.
I don't know why, but I feel like this month could be my month! Probably won't be, but gotta think positive!

How is everyone else?

Auntibee-I don't know about testing. I am afraid I might not have ovulated b/c I am still getting positive opks-but everything else in my chart leads me to think I did......just scared. I almost took an HPT today just to see what is up with all these +opk but reminded myself nothing is going on at 6dpo. Each cycle I plan to wait until after af is no show and never make it. I dunno-maybe I will try at 10dpo!

Luvmyboys-so sorry about witch. But yummmmmmm egg nog & rum sounds really good! I usually have some wine day of AF but now will be craving holiday spirts!!

Foxyloxy-I agree that Beagles are awesome!

Titi..........i am gonna test using ic tests on saturday or maybe try and hold out till sunday. if i still get :bfn: then i will wait until im 16dpo 2 test with my frer which i hav stacked away, really dont want 2 get a :bfn: on them frer's. Im not 100% sure which day i ovulated but think it was tue 1st dec. i never did my temp but if i dont get :bfp: this month and :witch: comes then i will defo temp next month as well as use better opk's as the ic's didnt work 4 me.
:dust:

Hi Auntibee-
I am still not quite sure about testing. I really don't feel it this month.....not even positive OV occurred or if we BD right.......grrr it's so frusterating. Temping is fun-gives me something to do. : )

I never get real opk's it's sooo frustrating! I found temping worked so I knew which day I was ov'ing , around cd12. But did get stressy over it. Threw a paddy one weekend away cos I forgot it!!

Been missing out loads on this thread.... Must read to catch up.

Hope you lovely ladies are ok.

I think I ov'd yesterday so will count myself as 1 dpi. Yes I am making up my own rules!!

My sweet pup and I are snuggled on the couch while I wait for signs of AF showing. I'm so impatient.:growlmad:

On another note, it's freezing here. Snow is falling and the wind is howling. I'm so thankful we have a fenced in back yard.

Good luck all you ladies!!

I have been slaving over a lengthy paper all day long... and will continue to do so for the next few days. It SUCKS, but at least it keeps my brain occupied so I can't obsess over TTC.

My Rotti mix ate a slipper today and I found pieces of fluff and rubber all over the kitchen floor. My mind immediately wondered how the heck he kids' toys will ever be safe?? :)

Lol my mum staff used to ear everything in sight! Grew out of it though.

Thank you everyone on the dog advice. My in-laws just came down to visit with their Pyrenean cross puppy last night and I totally agree with you all about waiting until after the baby is here. Puppies are sooo much work! They are soo darn cute though.

luvmyboys - sorry about the witch getting you. Hopefully all the holiday cheer will do the trick!:winkwink:

Titi, auntiebee, parkgirl and wanabamommy - I'll keep my fingers crossed for you all!

Foxyloxy - I love your story about your dog 'fetching' you as a baby! Hope you ov soon!

I'm hoping to ov soon, but I'm not sure that I can really on temping - I'm finding it really hard to be consistent as I always wake up at some point in the night for the loo and I think this is making my morning readings go all over the place. Also, I usually wake up slightly before my OH and the very quiet beep my thermometer gives when it's done seems to be waking him up too so I'm feeling kind of bad. :dohh:

hee hee luvmyboys-my boxer once ate a HOLE in our mattress!!!! He ate everything in site until he was about 3-now he can't be bothered anymore-I think it does go away.

Hmmm I never thought about how to separate dog from baby toys. Our dogs slobber over everything they have!

Parkgirl-hope af is a no show!

Yer oh used to hate the beeps, he wud groan but it's only 3 beeps lol. How long have you been charting. I found after 3 mths I pretty much knew wen I was ov'g. So was gona stop but then I fell. You cud just do it to confirm the temp shift then don't worry bout it in the 2ww?

Ya I'm thinking I might not do it through the 2ww as we're going away for xmas and I don't think I'll have any chance of getting temps at consistent times! This is my first month of charting, but I'm thinking I may get a more accurate idea next month - fx I won't need to though!

So, the witch is here. DH and I are making some plans for BDing around Christmas. Will be a bit difficult since we will have several family members staying with us. But, I guess that's what they get for not staying in a hotel :haha: If things happen to go well, the family will still be here when we test. Will be testing on the 5th and they don't leave until the 9th.

Sorry to hear AF got you parkgirl. :hugs:

I have my parents staying with me over new year and that should be round about when I ovulate! :growlmad:Thought my days of bd'ing with my parents in the house were long gone!! :haha:

I'm so fed up it's unreal. My temps are driving me mad! :dohh: Don't think I've ovulated and AF due on 20th. Hopefully she hurrys up and I can get on with the next attempt!

Maybe with family around we won't be concentrating too much on babies and we'll get lucky!!

Sorry about the witch Parkgirl. At you and your OH can have a jolly time celebrating xmas!:winkwink:

Sorry to hear all the TTC stress is getting you down Foxyloxy. Hopefully it'll be like you said and the holidays will be just what you and OH need! I'll keep fx that the charts have deceived you this month and good news is on its way!:thumbup:

Sorry Parkgirl! At least you still have chance to TTC ON XMAS! That's pretty special to concieve a baby on Christmas!

I tested today, 10dpo with fmu on a FRER and got a :bfn:

This will push me into my 2nd year TTC#1. : (

Has anyone been for a semen analysis yet? DH went yesterday. We will have the results back Wed. Need lots of PMA I am so scared.

Wont be OV again until after Xmas.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->