Wanting a #5 but scared of corona. Anybody??

cheerios

Mom of 5 (4 on earth 1 in heaven)
Reaction score
Soo ladies, I have a 1.5 year old, 4, 6 and 8 year old. All pretty close together. I'm 37. I've got 3 boys and my 4th is a girl. I know a #5 is usually unheard of in this day and age but I can't help and wonder if there might be a 5th one in store for us. And TBH, it would be so nice if our only girl has a little sister to grow up with. That would be my dream and answered prayer!!

In any case, I wanted to start TTC already end of 2019 but we are in the midst of building our house so we kept thinking we should wait. But house was supposed to be done by Sept 2019, then it got pushed to April 2020 and now it's more likely to be July 2020. We kept waiting to TTC after we moved house but that date kept being pushed back. And now I'm kicking myself for waiting!!

Well, who would have known we'd have this pandemic with corona. I must say that I'm concerned about being pregnant with this pandemic. I've given up watching any videos or news that is fear-mongering. Being scared / fearful doesn't change the fact that everybody has to get through this stressful time right? So might as well keep a positive attitude.

Anyway, is there anybody who might want to try for a 5th??? And how do you feel about being preggy with corona?? Does it make sense to wait it out until everything is over?? But what if it's never really over??? I can't wait for years. I want to have my 5th and close shop for good. Boy or girl, I'm done. 5 is the absolute max I can picture for my family.

I feel you, i work for the NHS in the uk and end of last year i got the need to have no.2 but was put off as still not finished my nursing associate uni course yet until this dec 2020. i am now so glad i am actually waiting a little coz of COVID-19. I wudnt like to be working through it. my trust is still expecting our preg staff to work but put them in admin. i think this is just as bad for exposure to the virus, meeting all deliveries and out staff still go passed them. i dont plan to wait until next year tho. i will be hoping to start trying in september, wanting to try spread the birthday out.

I have been trying for no 5 since last jan wuth miscarraiges.
My advice is 100% dont delay. Who knows what lies ahead. Gl x

i am really waiting until i can get an appointment to get me contraception implant out. I can't get an appointment any time soon due to COVID. i am hoping to get it out in the summer. wish i could have it out now so i could start getting my cycle back on track and also tracking them.

Wow we are so similar, I'm also 37 (38 in just over a week!) and we have 4 also, ages 1, 3, 5, and 8. We are NTNP because my cycles are long/irregular because I still nurse my 1-year-old often, including a few times overnight. Everything feels uncertain, of course, but we won't change what we're doing. It will likely take a long time anyway with my age/weird long cycles. But let's support one-another! Cool how similar our families/ages are :)

Hi I'm 40 and me and my husband are trying for our 4th. I have 2 older teens from a previous relationship who are 17 and 14 and me and husband have a 9 year old son' a 7 year old daughter and 7 and a half month old baby boy. I've also had 3 Misscariges.
Our son was supposed to be our last but as soon as I had him I new I wanted to have one more.
We was going to hold off untill next year to try but I turn 41 in mid December and am worrying leaving it may not be a good idea.
I've been off birth control since February and thought I was pregnant last cycle and was so disappointed when I got a negative test followed by my period. We was not trying but not preventing either.
I'm on my 3rd cycle now and 3dpo and waiting to test.
I was also worried about getting and being pregnant with all this virus but tbh I do not think the virus will ever go away completely.
Pluss when u do fall pregnant ure pregnant for 9 months and by then the virus shudnt be as bad as it is now and we shud be living a much normol life again.

I think if I was younger I wud leave it a few years but being 40 I thought it was best to start trying now.
Better now than never.
Good luck with what ever decision u make hon. I hope my comment helps with ure decision a bit.

I feel you, i work for the NHS in the uk and end of last year i got the need to have no.2 but was put off as still not finished my nursing associate uni course yet until this dec 2020. i am now so glad i am actually waiting a little coz of COVID-19. I wudnt like to be working through it. my trust is still expecting our preg staff to work but put them in admin. i think this is just as bad for exposure to the virus, meeting all deliveries and out staff still go passed them. i dont plan to wait until next year tho. i will be hoping to start trying in september, wanting to try spread the birthday out.
Oh my. I totally understand waiting in your position. I can't understand how pregnant staff are expected to work at all. I think I take for granted that in Germany, pregnancy allows a woman not to work esp in jobs that are a health risk to her and her baby. So you'll try in Dec 2020?

Hi I'm 40 and me and my husband are trying for our 4th. I have 2 older teens from a previous relationship who are 17 and 14 and me and husband have a 9 year old son' a 7 year old daughter and 7 and a half month old baby boy. I've also had 3 Misscariges.
Our son was supposed to be our last but as soon as I had him I new I wanted to have one more.
We was going to hold off untill next year to try but I turn 41 in mid December and am worrying leaving it may not be a good idea.
I've been off birth control since February and thought I was pregnant last cycle and was so disappointed when I got a negative test followed by my period. We was not trying but not preventing either.
I'm on my 3rd cycle now and 3dpo and waiting to test.
I was also worried about getting and being pregnant with all this virus but tbh I do not think the virus will ever go away completely.
Pluss when u do fall pregnant ure pregnant for 9 months and by then the virus shudnt be as bad as it is now and we shud be living a much normol life again.

I think if I was younger I wud leave it a few years but being 40 I thought it was best to start trying now.
Better now than never.
Good luck with what ever decision u make hon. I hope my comment helps with ure decision a bit.
Thanks for sharing your story.
You're right. Life goes on. And I really think depending on which source of news you read, things are really improving!!!
I'm still waiting really. We haven't moved house yet and I'm so busy teaching 2 kids at home while taking care of 2 other kids.

Wow we are so similar, I'm also 37 (38 in just over a week!) and we have 4 also, ages 1, 3, 5, and 8. We are NTNP because my cycles are long/irregular because I still nurse my 1-year-old often, including a few times overnight. Everything feels uncertain, of course, but we won't change what we're doing. It will likely take a long time anyway with my age/weird long cycles. But let's support one-another! Cool how similar our families/ages are :)
Hey!!!
I saw your message but I can't find it anymore! It's so hard to navigate this new look of BnB. Ahhh I had very irregular cycles before I got pregnant but my cycles are super regular now! Clockwork. I can totally tell when I ovulate. I actually had my first period 2 months after I gave birth even though I breastfed fully! Sigh! I could never make use of that! I always toyed with the idea of having 2 kids v close in age. But at last we're too scared! Haha. And I got such a bad backache after I gave birth, I had to treat that back first. 1.5 years later, my tailbone still hurts but it's much better. It was definitely tailbone injury from the birth though. I'm doing pilates 2 x a week and visiting the Osteopath. It all seems to be helping. I'm trying to get myself painfree first before getting pregnant again.

Thing is, I do think I'll probably get pregnant quite easily again. Other than my #1, all my other kids were conceived almost immediately. I had one miscarriage in between, but conceived my #3 on my 3rd try after my MC. Sooo I need to be absolutely sure I'm good to get pregnant before trying.

Do u have a journal?

The only thing I'm really worried about with being pregnant during Covid is the thought that when it does happen - my partner may not be able to come for the appointments and ultrasounds. It'll be his first (and last) biological child so I want him to be able to experience ALL of it. Hoping it slows down by the time I get a sticky egg.

Hey hun, how are you? We are sort of trying but not full on yet :haha: I start college in Sept for 2 years so ideally dont want to be due until next June so can have the summer off before back to college in the Sept! I've started opks as my cycle is still messed up as I'm still feeding our youngest who I'm sure still thinks hes a new born the way he eats :haha:
Lots of luck to you all x

Thanks for sharing your story.
You're right. Life goes on. And I really think depending on which source of news you read, things are really improving!!!
I'm still waiting really. We haven't moved house yet and I'm so busy teaching 2 kids at home while taking care of 2 other kids.

How u doing hon?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->