Warning - Ibuprofen screwed up my cycle

Ziggy2

Reaction score
This month I was 10 days late and convinced myself I must be pregnant, but wasn't and I am pretty sure the reason for having an extra long cycle was that I took ibuprofen for about a week due to tonsillitis just before I normal ovulate, had a positive ovulation test as normal but then another week later another positive and really strong ovulation pains, so I think it pushed my ovulation back by at least a week and therefore delayed af! So annoying definitely won't be taking it again whilst ttc, you would think it would be more well known to avoid it it even says it on the leaflet inside the packet, I reckon it has messed with my cycles at other times as well cause the only times I have been Late are months when I have taken ibuprofen! anyone else had any experiences like this?

I think being sick in general has the ability to throw off your cycle, especially if you have an infection or a fever. I've never heard anyone say that about ibuprofen before...I pretty much take the stuff constantly.

I agree with popchick, it's more likely that your cycle was thrown off due to the tonsilitis. I've been taking Ibuprofen almost daily for a year now due to some knee issues and my cycles have never been affected as a result of taking it (neither before or after DH and I started TTC).

I really think it was the ibuprofen done a lot of research on it, it isn't good when ttc, can make ovulation painful when it occurs and can prevent implantation it even says it on the nhs website

Stress, anxiety, and illness will all have an effect on your hormones.

It's actually the only thing that makes my ovulation *not* painful. I've even had to take prescription pain killers and ibuprofen is the only thing that works. All of my REs have said it's fine to take, just not after you become pregnant. Once you are pregnant, switch over to Tylenol.

There is a direct correlation with the NSAIDs and Ovulation... It's best to avoid them, especially in mass doses while TTC. Any google search can explain why...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->