WARNING! Ordered our Mothercare My3 through their babyplan...

MrsBandEgglet

Mummy to 3, expecting #4
Reaction score
...waste of time and effort basically!! :growlmad::growlmad:

We placed our order nearly 4 months ago through the Mothercare Baby Plan; we got the My3, Maxi Cosi Car seat and Isofix base and spent £600 in total. We paid a £60 deposit and then two pay days later we paid the balance off.

When we ordered they asked us when we wanted it all to be delivered, we said the 12th January, which is a couple of weeks before my due date. We got a statement listing everything we'd ordered and indicating that because they couldn't specify a time, the delivery slot was between 8am and 6pm. Annoying but fair enough :shrug:

So yesterday about 3.30pm my husband called to double check it was gonna be dispatched today, the baby plan call centre said it was on the lorry and delivery times had been extended to 7.30pm because of the weather.
7.30pm came an went and nothing. Baby plan was closed so there was nobody for us to speak to :grr:

I was furious! Yesterday there were other courier services delivering in my area and the postman got here fine. Cars are getting in and out fine and yet Mothercare's courier service - either DHL or NightFreight they specified - couldn't make it :headspin:

I've now cancelled my order and bought instead the Oyster Pushchair, which is also Maxi Cosi compatible and a much better system. I love it! It only cost us £7 more in total.

i spoke to a supervisor at Baby plan and her attitude was appalling, she wasn't sincere in her apology at all and I believe lied to me that the order was dispatched in the first place. She said they had a backlog so because of this it's unlikely we would have even got our delivery anyway! :growlmad: Why didn't they call me then? They said it would be impossible, NO, it would be courteous to the already paid customer!

If you've ordered anything through Baby Plan, beware, they really couldn't care less and won't offer much as a way of explanation for messing everything up. I paid 2 months in advance and they had my money all that time, yet I HAD TO WAIT to get what i'd already paid for.

I went to a little independent baby shop to buy my pram, car seat and Isofix base and I'm glad I did. They made a fantastic effort and we have the car seat and base now and will be picking the pram up on monday. I'd much much rather give my money to a place like this than to Mothercare. They don't deserve it.

i've rambled, sorry, but I'd certainly think twice about buying anything from mothercare again out of principle; if i can get it somewhere else I will do. Unfortunately I think we are very limited on baby stores here and Mothercare seem to have the monopoly but I'm very reluctant to give them any of my money in the future.

Appaling service. :growlmad::growlmad:

sorry you have been let down, and glad you found somewhere to buy your baby stuff from. won't be long before you see your little bubs. bet you are excited!!

aww sorry to hear that hun , being let down, may put u off shopping with them againnxxxxhugsxxx

That's really bad. I just hate the fact that mother care never ever have anything I need in stock xx

What a **it service!! I would be fuming too. I think you made a good choice getting the oyster instead anyway, the my choice is quite clumbersome, my friend has it.
Mothercare do seem to have the monopoly dont they, I will probably go in there to test a pram out, then buy it from somewhere else!

I would be fuming too. I'm glad you found something better elsewhere. :happydance: If a store doesn't deliver, you should be able to cancel and go somewhere else. I'm actually surprised they let you cancel as once you buy something you're usually locked in regardless.

Sry to hear about your bad experience with them....I ordered all my things (except pram) from mothercare on the babyplan and they were fab. I changed the delievery date about 4 times (due to my husband's deployment) and they had no problem with it what so ever.
On the day of the delievery they rang me to let me know due to poor quality of the changing unit they would just deliever the bed and deliever the unit a few days later when they got new ones in.
I can't complain about the babyplan.

Just a friendly warning to other mums...we have had an absolute nightmare with the Mothercare babyPlan and would really advise against it....

On paper it looked perfect - create a list of items you wan, pay a 10% deposit and then pay the rest off as you are ready or ask friends and family to pay bits off using your unique number. Items delivered at a date of your choice

If only it worked like that!

We set up our list which included a pram
- we couldn't add the matching car seat because that 'wasn't on the plan'

We gave our list number to friends and family
- they couldn't contribute to pay things off as you can't pay by phone or online and the stores were too far away

We booked our delivery slot for a Saturday 3 months away
- 2 days before the delivery date we were sent a very abrupt letter witha big red stamp on it saying 'We don't deliver on Saturdays, call us to rearrange'
- we phoned customer services and were told there is 'nothing we can do' and that we'll have to stay in Monday to Friday to get the collection

Despite having made plans to stay in on the saturday Mothercare said there was no way it would arrive and they 'hoped' it would be with us 'some time the following week'

The name 'Mothercare# started to feel slightly ironic by now as I didn't feel like a very cared for mother!!

Customer services then suggested we got the neighbours to sign for it if we were working Monday - Friday.....I felt taking delivery of £700 of product (including a botbed, pram, mattress etc) was a bit much to ask!

The local store then said they'd try to get our items delivered to them so we could collect from them....I pointed out that at 8 months pregnant, it might be difficult for me to lift the above items into my car.....they said it was the best they could do

I was promised a phone call to tell me what would happen - none received

On the Monday following the supposed delivery, I came home from work to find our £700 products stacked by the side of our house......no calling card, no security or anything

As my husband was away, i then had to lift the cotbed, pram etc into the house myself

I rang mothercare to say i wasn't too impressed and their attitude was at least i had my products so what was the problem

I was so disappointed as I had been really looking forward to receiving everything for the nursery but all in all a complete disappointment, I would definitely save the trouble and buy elsewhere

Just a friendly warning to other mums...we have had an absolute nightmare with the Mothercare babyPlan and would really advise against it....

On paper it looked perfect - create a list of items you wan, pay a 10% deposit and then pay the rest off as you are ready or ask friends and family to pay bits off using your unique number. Items delivered at a date of your choice

If only it worked like that!

We set up our list which included a pram
- we couldn't add the matching car seat because that 'wasn't on the plan'

We gave our list number to friends and family
- they couldn't contribute to pay things off as you can't pay by phone or online and the stores were too far away

We booked our delivery slot for a Saturday 3 months away
- 2 days before the delivery date we were sent a very abrupt letter witha big red stamp on it saying 'We don't deliver on Saturdays, call us to rearrange'
- we phoned customer services and were told there is 'nothing we can do' and that we'll have to stay in Monday to Friday to get the collection

Despite having made plans to stay in on the saturday Mothercare said there was no way it would arrive and they 'hoped' it would be with us 'some time the following week'

The name 'Mothercare# started to feel slightly ironic by now as I didn't feel like a very cared for mother!!

Customer services then suggested we got the neighbours to sign for it if we were working Monday - Friday.....I felt taking delivery of £700 of product (including a botbed, pram, mattress etc) was a bit much to ask!

The local store then said they'd try to get our items delivered to them so we could collect from them....I pointed out that at 8 months pregnant, it might be difficult for me to lift the above items into my car.....they said it was the best they could do

I was promised a phone call to tell me what would happen - none received

On the Monday following the supposed delivery, I came home from work to find our £700 products stacked by the side of our house......no calling card, no security or anything

As my husband was away, i then had to lift the cotbed, pram etc into the house myself

I rang mothercare to say i wasn't too impressed and their attitude was at least i had my products so what was the problem

I was so disappointed as I had been really looking forward to receiving everything for the nursery but all in all a complete disappointment, I would definitely save the trouble and buy elsewhere

It easily could have been stolen then? is anything missing from your bundle? :winkwink:

Omg thats terrible!!! I'd be demanding something in return for so much ridiculousness! So glad I decided when I was pregnant that Mothercare wern't getting my hard earned money :rofl: especially when smyths toystore next door had most of the same products I wanted waaaaay cheaper!

Mothercare's customer service was appalling thirteen years ago when I had my first baby and it doesn't sound like they've improved much! I would never buy another pram or buggy from them after the dreadful service I had first time around.

In my opinion Mothercare is expensive, a total RIP OFF. Everyone is plain frikken snobby as well :(

I got Mollies pram on the MC Baby plan over 10 years ago and they were terrible. Her Dad went in to pay the remaining blance and they wouldnt take payment as it was in my name.

Needless to say with £90 burning a hole in his pocket, he promptly went to the pub :growlmad:

V xxxx

When I ordered all my baby stuff from them I waited and waited and never got it, then when I called them they said I never paid for it and it was waiting to be paid for,. It had been taken out of my card as I could see on my statemnet £300! all the money I had then for baby stuff and I argued and argued. Had to wait for them to except it my bank said as they had asked for it just didnt take it! I was on the phone so many times and raging with them. So the money went back in my card and I went elsewhere. I have ordered off them in the past and usually they are ok, apart from last time where DHL where suppose to deliver but I had to wait a week past it as they failed to deliver! They seems to be missing targets everywhere then. I didnt use babyplan mine was just a normal order and they so messed that up! I thought I had lost my money and took weeks to get it back and I wasnt even getting my order either.

I had a fine experience with Baby Plan but there are loads of branches local to me. I wonder if this makes a difference as they're in competition with each other?

GOOD choice on the Oyster btw - I can't fault it! :)

I got the Mychoice 3 from Mothercare in Southampton and we actually wrote a letter of thanks to their manager becasue the young boy who served us was just SOOO good, he took about an hour and a half going through every single pushchair in such detail, demonstraing them all. He was really well informed and the pushchair was delivered at the right time. I have used the Mychoice 3 every day since I had Abigail and it has been totally fab! Just goes to show it depends so much on who deals with your enquiry. Sorry you didn't have such a positive experience though.

hi.. ive noticed this is an old thread but i have a question that i wonder if anyone can help with.. weve ordered our my 4.. but paid full price for the seat unit... but it has now gone down from 180 to 90 which we wont get on the baby plan... can i cancel the seat unit part off the plan? as then i am just going to buy it for half the price? x

hi.. ive noticed this is an old thread but i have a question that i wonder if anyone can help with.. weve ordered our my 4.. but paid full price for the seat unit... but it has now gone down from 180 to 90 which we wont get on the baby plan... can i cancel the seat unit part off the plan? as then i am just going to buy it for half the price? x

Yes, as far as I understand, you can cancel at any time as long as the order hasn't been delivered.

We've cancelled an Electric Steam Sterilizer we reserved on the baby plan and instead got another one in store.

I ordered on baby plan -my mothercare my4,Maxicosi carseat, maxicosi base unit and combed mattress in September, i paid it all off by November and found out i was having my baby a month earlier than expected so i rang to change my delivery date from 26th February to the 17th January- the staff were lovely on the phone and had no problems changing the dates for me. i was told delivery was between 7am and 9pm which i wasn't thrilled about id have preferred a smaller time scale... anyway my order came at 9:40am none of the boxes were damaged, the guy carried some boxes into the lounge for me too AND everything was there, i am so impressed with mothercare Baby Plan- i only wish id have used them 1st time round!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->