Was anyone else told the sex at 12 week scan?

becky789

Pregnant - 1st trimester
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I had my 12 week scan a week ago and I'm very happy to say all was well :) the midwife told us she was pretty sure it was a boy and seemed like she knew what she was talking about. Everything else I have read said it is impossible to tell before 20 week scan, was anyone else told this early?

xx

Ive read its not impossible to tell before 20weeks. Think someone i knew was told at 15weels, but doubled checked at 20week scan.
Not heard anyone been told at 12weeks.

The sexual organs don't develop until 14 weeks, so no.

Some Midwife's go by the heartbeat (if they have been doing this a long time) to tell if it is a boy or girl. And from the scan maybe she just got more confirmation to what she suspected. Glad to hear everything is well. xoxox

With my son, I was told at 10 1/2 weeks that she was pretty sure it was a boy! Which was confirmed at 20 weeks.. and was correct!

Didn't question it at the time.. just assumed sonographer knew what she was talking about!

xx

LadyT (TigerLady) got told at 12 weeks it was a boy. It has been confirmed too that it is indeed a boy!

They dont like to incase it is wrong and you go and complain, so most places will only tell you at 20 weeks, i wasnt able to find out at 14 weeks, so booked private scan!! xxx

12wks is really too early to tell with any certainty as both sexes look very similar at this stage x

i was told i was having boy at 13 weeks on a transvaginal scan, as they are more detailed. the sonographer didn't even have to point it out once she zoomed in on the area it was pretty obvious!

I was told by a doc that the diagnosis of the sex can be made even as early as 11 to 12 weeks...depending on the equipment, position of the baby etc...but most of them would say, "I think it's a boy/girl" or "it looks like a boy/girl" just in case....
They told me I might be having a girl when I was 12 weeks pregnant...and when I was 8 months preggie the midwife said she thought she saw a scrotum...What?! I had bought all these pink stuff :( so on my Shower EVERY one got my blue things...except my OH that was sure it was a girl and didnt care what the midwife said....thank God I kept the pink things because it was a girl lol...

oh they also thought she was gonna be a boy because of her heart beat...so I wouldn't go by the heart beat either ;)

when i was in labour with my little girl i hadn't a clue what it was as we choose not to, then the M/W said because of the slow heart rate it was a little boy, funnly my little boy came out a little girl, who is truely a tomboy with out a doubt, but because i had some much Gas and Air when it came out ir took the M/W at least 2-3 min convincing me it was my baby and they'd made a mistake, :rofl: (honestly it was the drugs lol)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->