was anyone elses xmas awful?

3 girlies

Reaction score
I was so excited, planned it all year, the presents were perfect, food bought the day before xmas eve I was thrilled...then my 4 year old got ill, drs xmas eve, then slept the whole day pretty much but tucked him into bed & hoped he would wake up better.i woke up xmas day & I felt so sick, spent all day being sick & so did my eldest daughter (at 1 point I was laying on the kitchen floor) my 4 year old didn't really move from the sofa & hasn't improved since. no xmas dinner, no magic, nothing. its gone & I have to wait a whole year :cry: this is more of a feel sorry for myself post but im gutted, I know im lucky we were all together but I feel sad. its put me off planning next year :dohh:

That is so horrible:flower: instead of missing out completely can you do Christmas Day on New Year's Day if you are all feeling better.

It happened to us three years ago we were all ill and we just made up for it when we recovered x

:hugs: I am sorry you had such a bad Christmas. But you could celebrate on a later day when you all are feeling better. I know it is not the same thing.. but you could still have fun doing it :)

Sorry you were ill hun, I wasn't the best myself! Woke up ill on the day. Could you celebrate when you're all better? xx

I'm so sorry! But seriously, I think most people have somewhat lame Christmases. I think the key for me is to have really low expectations. Seriously.

My son had heart surgery the week of Christmas. So I just think him being alive is the best gift. I mean it was a 'minor' surgery but still.

In general, bad luck seems to happen at holidays. IMO!!!

We were all poorly Christmas day. All 4 of us. Cough, cold, sore throat. DD stuck to me the whole day. DS was ok but was so tired the whole day and grumpy. We managed dinner, but no one ate much. All the evening traditions went out the window because me and OH just wanted to sleep once the kids were in bed.
I would do as the others suggested and celebrate once your all feeling better. These things happen and can't be avoided. Hopefully next year will be better.
Allie84- hope your LO Is ok.

Sorry you were all I'll, that's rubbish. Ours was rubbish too my oh suffers from depression and gets really bad over the holidays so he didn't even come and celebrate with me and the kids instead he stayed at home alone. I'm so angry with him we've literally not spoken since. How could he do that to our kids?

aww what a shame. sorry you were all ill!!. hope everyone is feeling a bit better now.

I agree with everyone else. Have christmas on new years eve. Play games, have some nice food!. im sure the kids will enjoy it if they are better. fingers crossed x

So sorry :( I think we all get one. At least I'd like to think we only get one!

Sorry your day was so rubbish :( agree with pp that you could still celebrate another day though?

Jacob was really poorly Christmas Eve til Boxing Day :( opened his presents but didn't want to eat and got tired really easily.
Also we spent it at my parents and he spent the whole time asking if he could go home and would barely even talk to his nanny and grandad so I think they were a bit upset too :(

I'm sorry you were all sick:( That stinks! I agree, try to do it when everyone is feeling better. DS2 had an ear infection, and I had a bad cold, so that put a damper on things, but ours was still a very nice Christmas. Hope you guys can enjoy it all another day.

we were all ill too. Nephew had a sickness bug christmas eve and had to miss the pantomime along with my sil. Then christmas day morning my dh got it, followed by my brother and mum in the afternoon and then i got it on boxing day. I feel like christmas didn't even happened in some respects, we were all so looking forward to it as my brothers family had come back from spain to celebrate with us. Still not feeling 100% now. We are going to do another christmas day later in the week, no presents but a roast dinner with crackers etc and games - all the stuff we feel like we missed out on. Maybe you could do the same x

I'm so sorry you had a bad Christmas with the illness :hugs:

This was exactly us last Christmas! All started 6pm xmas eve for us and went through the whole family. Huge hugs xx

aw no :( i was ill one year on xmas as a kid. i remember opening presents with a sick bowl next to me it was awful!

we had a good xmas it's just the whole season for me has felt rushed and stressed. usually i'm more organized!

thank you for all your ideas, new years day I will make a mini xmas day :) we went to my sisters today it was so funny but my 4 year old slept on the floor so it wasn't perfect. maybe I should forget the perfect bit next year ;) I'm just going to get them one gift each, but something they will love then snug on the sofa with films & have a new years day treat of a chocolate fountain :) xx

Sorry you were all poorly we've all had awful colds to. Hope your feeling better and can have a nice day to celebrate soon.

So sorry you were all ill :-(

Our Christmas wasn't awful, far from it, but DS2 woke up with chicken pox and DS1 was getting over an ear infection so their hearts weren't 100% in it iykwim?

Xx

thank you for all your ideas, new years day I will make a mini xmas day :) we went to my sisters today it was so funny but my 4 year old slept on the floor so it wasn't perfect. maybe I should forget the perfect bit next year ;) I'm just going to get them one gift each, but something they will love then snug on the sofa with films & have a new years day treat of a chocolate fountain :) xx

Glad you are going to make the most of it, have a great day x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->