Was giving birth vaginally what you thought it would be?

suzan

Reaction score
I know its painful, and scary... but for those who have given birth naturally.. was it as bad as we think it is going to be?

From a range of 1 to 10.. 10 being the worst.. how would you rate the pain??

Honesty plz!

Its hard to say How much pain it is... It DOES hurt! of course, but I totaly forgot how worse it was. I had the feeling going trough hell at the time that Isa was coming out. But as soon as I saw my little wonder laying on my belly, I totaly forgot about everything. They had to cut me in a little. And I diddnt feel anything of closing it, as im terrifiyng of needles and so.

As I look at it now, my labour was only 3 hours, and the time I had to push was only 5 minutes (3 times hard push and there she was)

My midwife ever told me if my constrations (is this the good word?) where that bad, I had to say in myself breathing on the right way " this constration will never turn back " this helped me allot!

well, I would rate the pain highly because I had to be on a drip to make my contractions, but the birth itself just stung (I had Gas and Air which helped a lot), and it took me 1 hour 50 to have her so I pretty much jumped straight off the bed when they told me to shower. It is true what they say though - as soon as you see the baby you forget about the pain, but that may be down to the quick labour, people who have very long laburs probably remember the pain for longer than I did!

i think my pain was a good 10 at the end but i didn't feel much until around 7 cm. The pain really does go away right after.

Id say nowhere near as bad as id anticipated so a 6! Gas n air is brill!!!

If it helps any the brain can only actually remember pain for about 3 seconds. Of course you can remember that you felt bad but not actually how the pain was once it has stopped.

for me i say the pain was 8/9 but that was purely because my labours were only 3& 1/2 hours long so the contractions were coming straight on top of eachother from the very start with no break.

I was induced and went in on the Wed didn't have her till the Fri night, I had epidural. It was tough and painful up until I was given the magic needle in my spine. As soon as she came out I said I'd do it again so can't be that bad. Everyone is different and their pain threshholds vary. U'll be fine! x

it wasnt nearly as bad as i was expecting. I'd say if I was expecting a 10 perhaps an 8. I was lucky though and had a relatively quick labour

I'm not the person to ask :lol: I had an epidural but I'd still rate it at a 10, of course I was in labor for 32 hours

With my first I was put on a drip and the pain was 10, my second natural with no pain killers at all was a 5, and my third I had a paracetamol 12 mins before she was born and that was a 1/2, and my fourth was on a drip got to 6cm before emergency c section and that was 6 for pain

With my first I was put on a drip and the pain was 10, my second natural with no pain killers at all was a 5, and my third I had a paracetamol 12 mins before she was born and that was a 1/2, and my fourth was on a drip got to 6cm before emergency c section and that was 6 for pain

WOW!!! You knocked out the third one with only paracetamol???? You ROCK!!!:thumbup:

That post says it all to be honest. Even though the pain was a 10, you had 3 more babys. Obviously it's THAT worth it. I'm not too concerned/nervous about the pain >.<

Ok Honestly...

...you CAN cope!

I only had gas and air (my las was a home birth to)

The adrenaline can make you panic...make you tense up, each push hurts so you get the urge to hold it it...

...each push feels like your turning your body inside out, then you get a sharp sting as you tare (if you do) but its all stuff you CAN cope with.

The fear is worse than the pain...you have to let go....push through it....scream in frustration as you push!

Its worse for some than its is others depending on how things go but on a 1 to 10 scale of pain......

1 would be a little cramp.....10 would be Gall stones (i had these and god they hurt) and id put giving birth at 7.

Try not to worry hun, we all react differently but we all get through it....i wouldn't be having a 4th if it was that bad xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

WOW!!! You knocked out the third one with only paracetamol???? You ROCK!!!:thumbup:

Lol with both the 2nd and 3rd I was told you look to comfortable to be in established labour

That post says it all to be honest. Even though the pain was a 10, you had 3 more babys. Obviously it's THAT worth it. I'm not too concerned/nervous about the pain >.<

Yep so worth it, its not like toothache pain where there is no point or kinda of reward at the end, every time you get a contraction, that is one less to go and one step towards meeting your precious bundle

i can only descibe as like pushing the door out the letter box it feels surreal and as though its not going to happen and like something isnt right down there. the worst bit is between 9-10cm i felt out of control totally and at 1 point my head was hanging over the side of the bed lol. i really cant remember the pain been 14 yrs, i remember saying its like period pains but worse lol, i only pushed a few times and she came out. i'd say about 7 out of 10. i can remember saying why is the head so hard lol and the midwife said unfortunatly baby isnt a jelly fish lol.
xxx

omg I am nervous now. i have no idea what to exspect apart from pain and no matter how many birth stories I read its not going to show much pain it is apart from very vey sore. Will have to wait and find out. will my fanny look like a wizzard sleeve after it for a while though?

My first was a planned section because of medical problems but I had my second vaginally.
I think I built it up in my mind the pain and it would be awful etc
As it was I handled it really well,my midwife said I was very calm and kind of went into myself if that makes sense.

It was an 11 hour labour and I can't remember that much of it to be honest,I would say a 7.

Having my third baby now,so it didn't put me off :)

It didnt hurt as much as i thought!

the contractions by far were the worst part for me and were painful i did it with gas n air n off my face asked for peth injection which helped me sleep abit.

the pushin part didnt hurt well i didnt think it did lol n i was cut cuz i was tight and needed stitches.

i felt her cutting me but it just felt weird n stiches are sore but that doesnt last long.
Zane was 8lb 3 and 59 cm

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->