Was giving birth vaginally what you thought it would be?

TBH, the labour was worse than the birth. I would've rated the labour as a 9 by the end, but I did it without pain relief. After I relaxed and let my body stretch to let bub through the pain of the birth was only like 4 or so. I think it's important to listen to your body and try to relax as much as possible.

I didn't get the 'pain leaving as soon as I saw her' feeling, I still felt alot of pain afterwards. Especially when she had to check for tears (OUCH!!). I hated walking to the bed after having her (I had her in the shower, the best thing ever I say!).
Was definately worth it though.

I had an epidural but oh boy do I remember the pain before I got that epidural. I'd say it was for sure up there 8/9, but it's not keeping me from going thru it again : )

i didnt think the giving birth bit was bad, it was the contractions that i found the worst. and my baby was 8lb 12oz

I don't think the labour actually hurt so i'd say a 3-4

Not close to what I imagined. My epidural didn't work at all and I dilated to 10 cm in 1 and a half hours using gas and air. I had the drip and the pain is supposed to get intense. It was jolly uncomfortable but nothing like I'd imagined. I thought it was a piece of piss compared to the pain from prostin pessaries during induction. But everybody's different I suppose. Hope you have a good one. xx

they labour was horrendously painful and the birth wasnt that bad at all really. so i say labour 10+ and birth 4-5. it was amazing tho!

I found the contractions to be very painful but 'bearable'. The transition phase was the worst bit for me, though my waters were broken for me and I dialated 5cm - 10cm within 30 minutes. I cannot go through that ever again! Giving birth was nowhere near as bad as I imagined it to be. I found this to be the least painful part. Its tiring but I didnt have much pain at all. I felt alot of stretching and I mean ALOT, but it was fine. Even though its painful and not a nice day in that respect, its actually so awe inspiring. I look back in disbelief at what the human body can do! The pain afterwards was minimal, I was in the bath an hour after the birth. It was not as bad as I expected, except again for an excruitiating hour when I dialated very fast. I hope I never go thru THAT part again, but here I am - willing to risk it all again for what I will get at the end - xx

I had an epidural and I would rate the pain about 12 :lol:

49 hour labout,3 hours of pushing...not exactly how I thought it would be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->