Washer dryers ?

Mrs Doddy

1 pink 1 blue
Reaction score
Are they any good ? We need to cut down on space and was thinking if getting one - I've had a look on currys their washer load weight is higher than the dryer ? Kind of defeats the object if you have to take some out to dryer naturally or put back in

Any experiences ?

I always had to take out the washing before I dried it. Not only was the load you could dry smaller than the load you could wash but it also dried better if you gave it a shake as it all gets twisted up while washing. You'd have to change it over if you were using a seperate dryer though.

They also break a bit more easily so I would get cover for it.

They usually take 4-5 hours a load so check that.
Also as pp said if one breaks they both do!

I wouldn't get one, you will find that not all clothes will be able to be dryer using a tumble dryer..so it would make things harder,trying to get the washes right..

I was thinking of getting one. Just to use the dryer for towels and bedding really. Worried now if they break easily x

Personally I wouldn't get one. BIL has one and when dd2 was little we stayed with them for a few days, she was a reflux baby and we needed to do some washing and drying and it took forever! At least with seperates you can have one load washing and one load drying. We don't have very much space and our dryer is in the corner of our bedroom :haha:

Mmm it's as I thought then - will have to get a cheapie condensing dryer then

Thanks for the advice x

They're more expensive to repair when they break down as more complex parts. My mum had them for years but now prefers a washer only and hangs everything up to dry. It takes her about the same time to do laundry but now her machine doesn't break down every year.

I personally wouldn't. Had one, replaced it when that broke and then replaced that with a regular washing machine. If you've got space for a separate washer and dryer they are so much better than a combined washer dryer. As others have said you need to take stuff out before the dry cycle and it takes ages, so you can't get any more washing done for hours if using the dryer. AND they break AND are pricey...

I prefer a standard washer and some clothes horses.

It would never work in our house, I generally have both machines on at the same time, I would literally need to wash dry wash dry all day every day to be able to keep up with our load

It would never work in our house, I generally have both machines on at the same time, I would literally need to wash dry wash dry all day every day to be able to keep up with our load

yes I do too, I didn't think of that - separate washing machine and dryer it is :thumbup:

I have one provided by the building management, but I bought a condensing dryer. It takes forever to dry half load.

I've had one in my flat for four years, never an issue.
I regularly pop anti lime scale stuff in, keeps it lovely and clean!
I always take the washing out, and remove bits, it works best as a drier with a smaller load. I only air dry certain clothes though, underwear, bedding, towels, baby clothes get tumbled, the rest hung up in my bathroom.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->