Washing baby clothes...

ladyty2k

Mummy of one
Reaction score
Are you all using non bio to wash the baby clothes/sheets in?

I didnt realise you had to do that so i have washed all in my normal surf gel...do i need to do them again in non bio???

x

I have washed all mine in non bio, just because i heard that its best when the baby is tiny and they have very sensitive skin. As for re washing yours, i'm not sure may be worth asking your MW?

i'll be using fairy i did with the boys

I love the smell of fairy tablets, and fairy softner, i've washed all Kadens clothes in them and they are in his wardrobe waiting, and his wardrobe smells lovely! :) xxx

I came out in an awful rash when i was a baby because my mum washed things in bio instead of non-bio - dont think it happens for all babies, but i will use non-bio just incase - my skin has always been sensitive so most likely so will LO's.

ok thanks ladies, i will prob wash them again...best to be safe x something to do on maternity leave!!!

advice is non bio with no fabric softener jsut in case bubs skin reacts x

I've just washed the babes stuff in non bio, as it smells all babyish... Plus I had no problems with DS when he was small... Or his nappies for that matter... Still washing our clothes in all the same stuff that we normally use... I won't be using Fairy washing powder as it gives me a rash... But hey, we're all different; happy washing... What a horrid job... Always some to do...

We're using the baby detergent for the first couple of months until she gets used to environmental things then will be switching to normal washing detergent. After the first 6-8 weeks, the baby stuff isn't necessary. (Thank goodness! That stuff is expensive!)

If it were me, I would re-wash but it all falls on personal preference.

im gonna be washing babys stuff in fairy non bio gonna do it this week i think :) x

i used fairy non bio gel, which i use anyway, with the fairy fabric conditioner

it all looked lovely out on the line, when i picked it in i noticed that some of it needs a re-wash because some bloody bird has been eating purple berrys and pooing as it's flown over!

not very happy with the birdies!

We use non-bio for ourselves anyway but i can see it is a bit of a pain if you normally use bio having to buy a different powder and wash everything again!

I would recommend it, at least at first though, as newborns do have very sensitive skin :thumbup:

Ill be using tide fragrance free

I've started using non Bio already (OH has very sensitive skin) - depends if there's any offers regarding the brand but I'll often lean towards Persil or Fairy and a sensitive fabric softener, so all of the baby's clothes will be completely non bio'd!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->