Washing machine recommendations

LeannieB

Toby and Sam xx
Reaction score
Hi we are looking to get a new washing machine. We did like the hotpoint aqualtis as it has an 11kg drum capacity but I have been reading the reviews and it seems the wash cycles are very long and you cannot change the temperature on it. Does anyone have any recommendations? We would like one with a large drum so we can wash duvets in it etc.
Thanks in advance x

I have this one

https://ao.com/product/F14A8FDA6-LG...K&WT.mc_id=1&gclid=CPOP__SxnL0CFWfLtAod1AsAIg

It's expensive but it's really good x

I have this one

https://ao.com/product/F14A8FDA6-LG...K&WT.mc_id=1&gclid=CPOP__SxnL0CFWfLtAod1AsAIg

It's expensive but it's really good x

Thanks I really like the look of that x

We have a Bosch one. The brand gets good results without being too pricey. I have heard Miele is the one if money is no option

We have the 9kg lg direct drive and it's brilliant, it's not large enough to do the thick 13 tog king duvet but does everything else.
I liked the look of the steam bubble one too. I would look at miele, bosche, lg, samsung rather than the other makes.
Xx

LG, I love love love mine https://www.lg.com/us/washers/lg-WM2250CW-front-load-washer

We have a miele - I wouldn't buy anything else.

I have an Indesit

Only had one problem with it and that was the underwire came out of my bra and got stuck in the drum :blush: but they fixed it free of charge

Another vote for beko. We have had ours 5 years with no problems at all, we live in a hard water area and some machines don't rinse well enough and if you live in a hard water area this results in dingy and stinky clothes. The beko machines don't have that problem at all.

We had a hotpoint aqualtis in the past and all the 'fins' that agitate the clothes inside the drum snapped off after a year, as they were cheap plastic that was held on with flimsy tabs. The original replacements weren't too pricey and were easy to fit but then there was something else in the drum that started snagging on clothes and making holes in everything. My sister also had an aqualtis and it kept breaking down though it was better rinse wise etc as she lives in a soft water area.

We had a Bosch machine in the past and it was ok, but nothing special considering the price. Xx

We have a Hoover dynamic 10kg Eco steam function washing machine in black I love it! The steam function was great for washing my nursing uniform rather than putting them on the full wash :)

We have a beko and it does the job. Afew annoying things though:

The door opening is quite small even though we have a large drum.
The bit where you put your powder etc is flimsy.
And you have to mop up excess water from the bottom of the rubber seal each time you use it.

Our old Hot point I didn't have any of these issues so thats why I'm disappointed. I wanted to return it and swap for something else but my OH says I just need to get used to it...
im not really selling beko I know lol.

I have a Samsung ecobubble VRT Washing Machine, 12kg,1400rpm Spin.
It's a massive drum
It's quiet
Has 15min wash
Loads of useful settings and it has a drum clean option to help it last, I've had it for 3 years and it's perfect.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->