Water birth story :)

MissR

R+R+J+Dot
Reaction score
So baby is finally here after what seemed like forever! Harley James was born on 29/09/2015 at 1.12 am, weighing 6lbs 13oz. Which is exactly how much my DD weighed. He was also exactly 2 days early like she was!

I woke up on the morning of the 29th early hours and had a few mild contractions. I had been getting a lot of BH and thought it was just more of those. I took DD to nursery and carried on doing the daily routine. I went to next and bought DD some new clothes and then went home and tidied the house. I collected my daughter from nursery and we went to see my SIL and told her I was getting contractions. They was very irregular and coming about every 20 mins. I think I was in denial as I was telling my SIL that It wasn't going to happen today and that it was just BH. After a long day out and about still getting pains me and DD went home but I immediately knew when I got home that I had to take her back (as my SIL was having her while I had baby). My OH got home from work and we took her there and the pains where more intense by this point.

After making sure my DD was settled we got home and I got straight in a bath, which helped a bit and by this time the pains where coming every 9-12 mins. They got as close together as every 6 mins so I phoned the hosp and she advised me to wait until I had 3 in the space of ten minutes. I tried to get some sleep but it was too painful so got back in the bath. The pains by this point where really bad but where still between 6-10 mins. I got out the bath and couldn't wait any longer, so phoned hosp back and they advised me to come in to be checked.

The car journey there was the worst of my life! I felt like OH was going 2mph. The contractions in the car were coming every 3 minutes and the pressure was quite intense. OH kept laughing because I sounded like a banshee supposedly! When we got to the hosp OH pulled up to drop off next to the labour ward and we hurried to the door which was closed. We buzzed and luckily my midwife was at the vending machine getting a sandwich and heard me contracting outside the door lol. She let us in but by this point the contractions where almost constant and I could barely walk through the ward. I made it to the birthing unit and asked to get in the pool. They said they had to check first because I might not have time. They examined me and I was 8cm dilated. I was given gas and air but all I wanted was water as my throat was so dry. I managed to get in the pool and it was constant pain. The gas and air helped a little but made me feel dizzy. OH was great helping me to try and focus. I laboured in the pool for what felt like no time at all and then I felt the need to push. My waters broke as I was pushing and I felt baby moving down. It only took around 5 contractions and I managed to push his head out, and then a few more and he was out. All in all it took 36 mins from when I got to the hosp to when he arrived! He was placed on my chest but he had a short umbilical cord so was hard to sit right with him above water. I allowed him to be given to OH for skin to skin so I could deliver the placenta. This took over 40 mins and I finally had he injection as I couldn't wait any longer. After that was out the after pains where intense so I couldn't enjoy my boy until the painkillers kicked in. I then had a bath and OH had to leave and I was moved to recovery.

All in all it was the best experience I could have ever asked for. I had a horrible labour and birth with my DD, and had been expecting the worst. I'm so happy I laboured at home for most of it and that I didn't have any drugs etc and that I remember it so clearly. So thankful that it all went so well, with no tearing etc like with my last. It's been 5 days and I already feel much better than I did 2 weeks after my first! Makes such a huge difference not having stitches. If you have read this far, well done and sorry for rambling! Just wanted to write my experience down even if nobody gets through it :) xxxx

Beautiful birth story:cloud9: congratulations! Thanks for sharing MissR:flower:

Ah lovely birth story, glad you got the birth you wanted! Congratulations too :flower: xxx

Thank you everybody :) can't believe he is almost a week old already! :( goes so fast xx

Lovely birth story thanks for sharing x

Thanks for sharing what sounds like to me to be the perfect birth! I too had a bad experience with ds and i'm praying that this time I get the water birth that I truly wanted!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->