Water breaking vs contractions

BlushingBride

Reaction score
I had no clue only 10% of labors started by spontaneous water breaking until recently. What were your stats if you've had more than one birth? My water broke with my first and I'm curious if I'll start this time by contractions or not?!

My first waters were broken
My second waters broke on their own and third i was induced and theu broke my waters at 5cms so not really sure. We are planning baby number 4 so would be interesting to see when i do go into labour what happens with my waters lol x

I forgot to say as well that i didnt know anout only 10 % thats so small i am shocked x

With my first, I was induced at 41 weeks. According to my NST's, I was having contractions (I was 4cm dilated when I went in for induction), but never felt them. They broke my waters, and that's when I started feeling the contractions.

With my youngest, I started having contractions (for sure) the day before he was born (at 39w1d), water broke, on it's own, early the morning he was born, before we headed into the hospital.

My waters broke spontaneously at 40+1. And out of about 11 people who had babies that year who I knew the same happened to 3. I actually heard that only 5% of labours started with waters breaking and always though it was so strange given about 30% of my friends had it happen to them!

With my first I had contractions for hours and then my waters broke when the contractions made me throw up!

1st - contractions, waters never broke
2nd same again
3rd waters broke
This one? will have to wait, but getting induced on 29th unless he makes an appearance early :)

My waters broke with my son really interested to see what happens this time with my second baby.

10% that's really small and I'm in that lol

1st baby - waters went a few hours before contractions started but only as a trickle, most lost during the pushing stage.
2nd baby - waters popped during pushing stage.

1st- Induced, had my waters broken at 8cm as labour stalled.
2nd- Spontaneous labour but again I had my waters broken at 8cm as labour stalled.
3rd- Induced, waters broke on their own at the start of labour, but labour was only 51 minutes so I'm not sure how dilated I was, between 4cm - 6cm I'd guess.

1st spontaneous labour and had waters broken and then baby came quickly after this
2nd spontaneous labour with contractions first but waters broke on their own just before baby delivered

With my first I had contractions for hours and then my waters broke when the contractions made me throw up!

Exactly this! The force of a contraction at the same time as throwing up, my waters popped like a balloon!

DS1 was spontaneous labour, he was born in his waters

DS2 again spontaneous labour and waters broke just before he crowned

1. Waters broke, contractions started 10hrs later
2. ELCS
3. Waters broke during established labour

My first labor started with my water breaking. Contractions didn't even start for a few hours, and they weren't regular until the next morning. My second labor started suddenly with contractions lasting over a minute every five minutes. My water broke 3 hours after the contraction started. My third baby was induced.

I too am interested to see if my waters break with baby number 2. With my daughter my waters broke Saturday and contractions didn't start till Sunday. I remember being on the labour ward Monday morning and getting a text saying I had missed my induction appointment and would have to phone back for another appointment... was not amused till after. Hehe.

With my first, gas and air made me sick and my waters trickled. She was born about 20 minutes later. I'd been in labour 3 hours.

With my second, my waters burst in the birthing pool literally minutes before birth. I'd been in labour 2 hours, but only 45 minutes in the hospital.

1st induction and emcs

2nd- water broke one week before scheduled csection! That was awesome lol

3rd- we'll see :)

They broke my waters with DS when I was 10 cm's, I was definitely not one of the ones who got full blown contraction pain after the waters broke lol. I actually felt more relief if that makes sense.

With my first, my OB broke my water a few hours after my induction was started.
With my second, my water broke while I was pushing.
With my third, my water broke while I was pushing.

In my experience working with birthing moms, I would have to say that the 10% stat is pretty accurate to what I've seen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->