Water fasting?

S

Serene123

Anyone do / done it? Worth doing?

:shrug:

Need to suppress my appetite...

Dont recommend.

Can do that without starving yourself.

Ive got rid of mine alot, not once have i done any fasting.

It's really risky hun and is hard territory to get into. You will lose a lot of weight but you also might become addicted to the feeling of being hungry etc. I used to restrict what I ate a lot (as part of an ED) and it didn't supress my appetite, it made me much more hungry and prone to bingeing.

I've been there, before I had Caitlyn I lost 3 stone eating cucumber and 10cal soup :lol:

But I just want to do it for a little while...

It might turn into more than a little while though hun :( :hugs: I don't think it's worth risking it xxx

IDK I am always a bear when I fast and get headaches, feel lazy and unmotivated and just want to stay in bed. I would love to do it more often but I have a toddler so can't justify it, doesn't seem fair to her. I know you can drink say fruit juice or chicken stock when you are really bad but IDK I am dead against drinking anything with calories and chicken stock is gross

I've been there, before I had Caitlyn I lost 3 stone eating cucumber and 10cal soup :lol:

But I just want to do it for a little while...

Putting body though that isnt good.

Your ograns need food supply to work, you need the energy that food gives you to work.
Can give your body problems, just because were fine doing it once doesnt mean would be again.

I went through point in my life where i would barely eat, i throw up daily, lost 2st in 8 weeks, my stomach has hated me ever since its never been right since.

Also i seen you TTC that also isnt good for that, it can take months to learn good eating habits. Its taken me ages but you will get there given time & effort :)

TTC is going nowhere, I'm not even worried about being pregnant tbh...

I don't think I will do it but I'll see how I go...

I just don't want to go back to how I was before :( xx

I'm right with you.. I had thought about not doing it every day but maybe every 2 or 3 days and on the other days eating light. Let me know what you decide! :hugs:

Please don't do this, it's very unhealthy for you and even if you manage to fast for a period of time you run the risk of completely destroying your metabolism and your body storing every calorie once you start eating normally again.

Your heart, brain, lungs, liver all need calories to function... your body needs energy to walk around! The best way to lose weight AND keep it off forever is to learn a healthy eating pattern and be active. Yes, it will take longer than a very risky crash diet but you will be healthy and full of energy and you are much more likely to actually keep the weight off.

Please don't do this, it's very unhealthy for you and even if you manage to fast for a period of time you run the risk of completely destroying your metabolism and your body storing every calorie once you start eating normally again.

Your heart, brain, lungs, liver all need calories to function... your body needs energy to walk around! The best way to lose weight AND keep it off forever is to learn a healthy eating pattern and be active. Yes, it will take longer than a very risky crash diet but you will be healthy and full of energy and you are much more likely to actually keep the weight off.

:thumbup: very sensible advice
xxx

are you mad woman?! drinking water to replace tea/coffee/juice etc then yeah but not relying on it to 2 "diet" then nooooo....yeah its ok to have between meals if you get a little peckish but then maybe add a bit more veggies in with what you have for lunch/dinner...but yeah i agree with the others about being a bad idea..its not nice seeing someone waste away by living on just water trust me!.x x Like iv said before hun stick to what your doing you've done so well so far with it.x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->