Water infection worrying!

mummytobe_93

Reaction score
I've just had my booking in appointment I'm over 10 weeks now and she found +1 ketones in my urine. She said it could be a water infection she will send it off and ring back in a week and I'll get antibiotics.

She said it was just +1 so nothing serious but I'm a worrier. I don't want it to get worse this week as I know how bad they can be in pregnancy. What should I do to try and keep it at bay? I'm trying to drink a pint of water an hour to flush it out and try some cranberry juice. Anything else I can do?

Thanks

I'm not much help, but at 8wks I had +2 keytones in my urine. My doctor hasn't said anything about it, but I haven't gone back to see her since. Found the results on my account online. From what I've been reading it could be dehydration, ms, going a while since eating, etc. I had bad ms and hadn't eaten that morning (test was at 1pm or so). I'm going to ask her at my 12 week appointment in two weeks but I'm not really worried. Baby's heartbeat is strong on the doppler.

Hopefully someone else has an idea.

I had +1 on Tuesday and the doctor wasn't worried at all. And totally agree about possible dehydration as a culprit. Just follow up with the results in a week.

I've had ketones in urine. Usually dehydration, morning sickness, or simply not having eaten in a while... .

I have cronic infections... unless I was developing sepsis again id do nothing as very few antibiotics are tested safe for pregnant women and id rather save the till I have a real problem otherwise ill develop immunity to them

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->