Water softener...

A

AndreZZ

So we got a water softener installed about 4 months ago (before I got pregnant). I've been cooking with this water but drinking from a Brita type jug filter that the 'softened' water goes through.

For some reason I started researching using softened water for drinking/cooking...and now I'm not sure that having used this water throughout the last 10 weeks (I am 10 weeks pregnant) as done harm to the fetus??

I'm so worried does anyone have any insight on the use of water softeners (especially during pregnancy). Please any input is needed!!

Bump, anyone know anything at all about this or have a water softener in their home?

I did with ds1 and 2 and never had problems...not sure if it can cause problems tho.

Omg thank you so much for your reply....I have been googling for 5 hours now. There's nothing online to suggest advers effects during pregnancy but I wanted to know if anyone had personal experience with drinking softened water while pregnant.

Thanks again. Will be installing water filter under kitchen sink though soon as I am beyond paranoid when pregnant.

If anything I would think that city water would be more harmful to baby...

I buy bottled water...even tho things can go wrong there too but another thing, have you had your water tested?

We haven't yet but we are planning on doing so.
Have you had yours tested? Were your results ok?

In my last house we actually had lead in the water (this is why I asked) the house we are in now is older and I just buy bottled water.

Ya great idea to test. We will be doing that. I drank the water we have in this house with my last pregnancy and all was ok (that was before water softener...just concerned of the extra sodium water softeners add to the water). We don't have any lead piping in the house but I still think it's a good idea to get it tested regardless.
I'm just going to have to do a little research to figure out how to get it tested here in Canada.

We have a water softener and have for about 5 years. No problems with dd or this one!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->