Ways to relax during IVF

Apple Blossom

Mum of three
Reaction score
Well IVF is fast approaching and I was wondering if any of you ladies have tried any methods of relaxation during this period? Im quite concerned as Im quite a stress head :haha: and I dont want this to effect my chances of having a success. Any suggests would be great especially if you had a BFP. Thank you :flower:

I don't have a BFP yet - but have started acupuncture and yoga to help with relaxation. Has helped me to feel more balanced.

Good luck with your IVF!!

I have used the zita west relaxation cd I did acupuncture aswell for 1st cycle but I couldn't afford to carry on.

I find the cd is helpful to sleep I pretty much always used to fall asleep before it had finished.

Best of luck to you xxxx

Thank you, thats what im worried about the expense of it, will look into the cd also, will try everything:haha:.
Sorry to see you have had a tough time of it, I see your an egg sharer, thats what Im doing.

I'm trying to decide if cycle #4 will be egg shared or to pay for a full cycle. I'm waiting to hear if my lady is pregnant to make my mind up. I'm worried that I might be unlucky and keep giving away the good eggs my clinic says they are separated randomly but I can't bear the thought of having to go through it another 2 or 3 times when it may work on my own full cycle. Decisions decisions eh xxxx

It is a very difficult decision, we just cant afford to do it with out egg sharing, but I so wish I could. I cant bare giving away good eggs but I think I will just have to get use to it.

I get acupuncture. I'm hopefully not going to start IVF and the meds I'm on will hopefully get me my BFP, however its £40 per time and for max benefit its once per week. Its an odd experience to start with but I now find I completely let go and go into a kinda meditative state during it. I also sometimes listen to Paul McKenna's How to change your life CD. He totally hypnotises you whilst you're trying to visualise good stuff, then you fall asleep, lol.

Acupuncture for me is $45 per session. They have recommended me to go for 8 weeks to achieve maximum benefits. I have gone maybe 6 sessions so far and have recently started to sleep better at night - which has been a long time coming!

She also has me go in the day before an IUI / IVF procedure and the day after.

I hear great things about it but have only gone about a month now. Hoping it helps get me to the BFP!!

I've been having it since the start of August, but it was once a fortnight. I had a lap last week and when our next month of ttc comes round I'm starting it every week. The lap showed a couple of issues that have probably stopped us getting BFP. But hopefully it will help now.

Gong to pop in and get prices on acupunchure today, really want to give it ago. Thanks for all the comments ladies they have helped.

I've done acupuncture for a while, now started yoga and I usually listen the the Zita West relaxation CD too. It all helps I suppose.

i definitely think acupuncture helps with stress levels, i've found a noticable difference in myself during the cycle i'm doing now, one of the nurses at the clinic also commented. I know it might not be practical for everyone, but i've also had a 4 week sick note off my gp, so i've also been off work

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->