We cannot agreeeeee :/

C

charlotte88

Or should i say he isnt really giving me much imput!

My boyfriend is just saying "its too early to think about names" but i really dont.

But also any name i suggest he turns his nose up at.
I have had my heart set on Freddie since i was a teenager and i absolutly adore it. But my boyfriend just isnt having any of it. I wouldn't mind if he was giving an alternative that i miiiight like but he isnt saying anything :growlmad:

Anyone else having this problem with there Boyfriends/husband

I have been thinking of babies names since day dot.

I think it is a man thing lovely!!!!!

Aw that sucks :( I have wanted Olivia for YEARS but OH says no. But fortunately will talk about names. I think they worry more than we realise and so maybe he will be more receptive a bit further down the like such as after scan?
Try not to be disheartened. He will come round.

i know he cares and he is excited and stuff from the way he acts about certain things.
He worries about what i eat, the temp of my baths, if im feeling iffy etc. But i would just like it if he was a bit more excited about the prospect of when the baby is actually here like i am.
I want to talk about names and look at pushchairs/cots/clothes etc together but he would rather do his own thing.

It is hella frustrating :(

xx

Before we started trying, when we knew we would be soon Hubby and I talked about names, I even found out he had started a list :) but since we got pregnant neither he or I have thought anything about names :wacko: don't think I'm going to start really thinking about it again until I know the sex.

I told OH that the middle name i posted about (Ignatious) was non negotiable, but he ended up liking it. Otherwise we cant agree on any names! He said he likes angel for a girls name but i hate it, and i said i like Liam for a boy and he hates that, and the cycle repeats every time we talk about names. Ha ha!

lol, hubby and i agreed on names for both a boy or a girl. we already have a little girl and we both liked her name from as soon as we found out we were pregnant :)

Some guys don't get excited until they see you showing and/or can feel the baby kick with their hand - it's SUCH an abstract thing for them.

Go ahead and look at names on your own, and when he's ready, bring him into the conversation. . .that's a good way to compromise and avoid any fights about it. If he's not ready to look at names, then he's not ready, know what I mean?

We haven't started looking at names yet - probably will after we announce and this all feels more real.

Good luck!

I started thinking about names months before we got pregnant and ended up with a huge list of ones which I liked. I then approached OH with my list a few weeks ago and I realised 2 things

1. He had not even thought about it, he didn't have any names to add to the list and didn't seem remotely interested in coming up with any.

2. He point blank refused to consider most of the names I mentioned.

Anyway he did say he approved of a few of them and although they might not have been at the top of my list, I'm happy with what we've ended up with. So as a result we now have 1st and 2nd names sorted for both a boy and girl. So despite his lack of enthusiasm, we got there in the end ;)

i know he cares and he is excited and stuff from the way he acts about certain things.
He worries about what i eat, the temp of my baths, if im feeling iffy etc. But i would just like it if he was a bit more excited about the prospect of when the baby is actually here like i am.
I want to talk about names and look at pushchairs/cots/clothes etc together but he would rather do his own thing.

It is hella frustrating :(

xx

think about it - most of us girls grew up playing with dolls houses, having dolly tea parties, pushing our dolls around the garden in our little prams, dressing and undressing them, etc.

most of our other halves grew up playing action man, building lego spaceships, beating each other up in playfights, turning transformer cars into macho robots etc.

its natural we are going to be more excited about this than they are - look at the differences. we have been practising for our fatasy families since childhood, while they, well they have been on another planet practising for i dont know what ;)

My OH is the same :wacko: and today I referred to the embryo as Sprout (I would like to differentiate the bump -me- and the embryo -amazing ball of cells growing into a whole other person- ) but OH wasn't up for that either?! :rolleyes:

think about it - most of us girls grew up playing with dolls houses, having dolly tea parties, pushing our dolls around the garden in our little prams, dressing and undressing them, etc.

most of our other halves grew up playing action man, building lego spaceships, beating each other up in playfights, turning transformer cars into macho robots etc.

its natural we are going to be more excited about this than they are - look at the differences. we have been practising for our fatasy families since childhood, while they, well they have been on another planet practising for i dont know what ;)

Ha yes you make a great point :).

Who on earth knows what they are preparing for :p. All my boyfriend seems interested in at the moment is tinkering with his bike and getting his hands and oily and mucky as possible lol. God help me if i have a boy!! My house will become a scrap yard :'( hahahah

we went thru this EXACT same thing. i had had names picked for years... he didnt like them or anything else i suggested, but wasn't coming up with any ideas himself either.

i just kept making a list and bringing them up, and mentioned that i would like some input as well. he started thinking (granted, they were horrible suggestions, but at least he was trying!) and we made a joint list. after all that, he decided he really did like my first choice after all, and we settled on that.

so there is hope!!

Men just aren't interested Greg saw the baby and was like is that it? Lol i think its further along men get involved. One of his friends from works OH is around the same as me but has two kids and as he has someone he likes talking about it he is getting involved a bit more.

My husband and I have had our boy name picked out for at least 3 years. Girl name - well that's a different story. Every name I throw out there (Olivia, Sophia, Amelia, and more) he does not like. I told him we better have a boy, or else we're going to have a hard time finding a name for this baby!

I understand where you are coming from. Before I found out i was pregnant we had agreed on a name for our future child, but now that the time has come he has decided that he doesn't like the name anymore or any other names I suggest. He just likes to throw out names to be funny. I guess it is just to early for him to make such a big decision. I am sure you will come up with the perfect name in plenty of time!! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->