We had a scare last night :(

Alexas Mommy

Reaction score
Last night Alexa was playing with her slippers, and somehow came across a piece of plastic and put it in her mouth, we noticed her chewing on something, but we couldn't see anything in her mouth, well I put her down to play and gave her her sippy cup and she started coughing and going on then stopped and OH jumped right out of his chair and picked her up, she was trying to breathe, but she couldn't I was so scared, she started turning blue. Luckily OH has first aid and cpr training and turned her slightly upside down on an angle and slapped her back and she started crying. It was the most scary thing ever. She must have ripped her slipper apart somehow and in must have gone down with the water in her sippy cup, and blocked off her airway. A few minutes before that I had put her in her crib for a nap (this was after we saw her chewing, but found nothing in her mouth) and OH said "I don't think she wants a nap" and I went in and brought her out to the living room with us. I just can't imagine, and don't want to imagine what would have happened if I didn't bring her back into the room with us.

Anyway, after we got her breathing again, we decided to take her to the childrens hospital to double check that she was okay. Oh, I should mention it was storming really bad out, and the roads were very snowy and slippery. She was checked by the doctor and she was okay Thank God!! I am soo cautious now because you never know what a baby can get into... A pair of slippers can even be dangerous.

All the nurses were in love with her, one said seeing herlaugh and smile made her night :cloud9: Oh, and the baby hospital gowns they have are adorable, I took a picHPIM1336.jpg

sorry for writing a book :blush:
Oh, and needless to say, i am getting my first aid/cpr training very soon.

Aw, so glad she is ok! I panicked the other week when Amy swallowed something, but she did not go blue or anything like that thankfully.

Alexa has a lovely smile! :) x

Aww poor princess!!!! I'm so glad to hear she's fine. I am so getting cpr & first aid classes... ! Problem with me though, I can't stay calm.

:hugs::hugs:

Good idea with the First Aid/CPR training!! I highly recommend it to EVERYONE because you never know when it'll come in handy.. I find it's ALWAYS coming into use for me at work (both at my summer job at a camp & at McDonald's, lol) but also when out in public I always know what to do at the mall when someone needs it, etc. It feels good to be able to help people :)

I'd be terrified to do CPR on an infant.. well, first aid in general, on an infant to be honest.. but I hope if it comes down to it I can.

Glad she's alright & that you guys were okay driving in the nasty weather!!

Good idea with the First Aid/CPR training!! I highly recommend it to EVERYONE because you never know when it'll come in handy.. I find it's ALWAYS coming into use for me at work (both at my summer job at a camp & at McDonald's, lol) but also when out in public I always know what to do at the mall when someone needs it, etc. It feels good to be able to help people :)

I'd be terrified to do CPR on an infant.. well, first aid in general, on an infant to be honest.. but I hope if it comes down to it I can.

Glad she's alright & that you guys were okay driving in the nasty weather!![/QUOTE]

thanks! yeah OH loves driving in the snow, so he is really good, but then not the weather you want to be taking kids in the car in.

Aww bless her...glas she is ok...and the gowns are so cute...

xx

How awful for u. Good job ur hubby was taking notice! I would complain to the store where u got them from, they might need recalling.

So glad she is ok though. :hugs:

awww ;poor thing glad shes ok though x x bless i love her smile so cute x

i have baby first aid beacuse of my job and im so glad i do x

oh gosh! it must have been so scary for you. I'm glad she is okay though and I think I would've been like you and got her checked out.

I am on a waiting list to do baby first aid. I just hope I don't need it before I get to do it.

Glad to hear your OH was able to put his training to good use. So scary! He was so calm. Alexa looks adorable in the gown. Did you get to keep one? hehehe

Mine is too young to do things like that but I am already worried! How did she get plastic out of a slipper!?? I'm glad she is ok that must have been dam right terrifying.

:hugs: So glad she's ok. She looks so gorgeous in her little gown! x

Glad to hear your OH was able to put his training to good use. So scary! He was so calm. Alexa looks adorable in the gown. Did you get to keep one? hehehe

haha we wanted to... I am actually quite surprised OH didn't sneak one out :lol:

Mine is too young to do things like that but I am already worried! How did she get plastic out of a slipper!?? I'm glad she is ok that must have been dam right terrifying.

It was part of the padding for the bottom of the slipper if you get what I mean... In a pair of infant slippers? I would have never guessed... But from now on all her toys and clothes will be getting checked over...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrsA3000
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->