Weak Muscles 7 months later...

Butterfly89

Mama of 1
Reaction score
Not sure if the right place to ask, but...

I'm 7 months PP and feel like my muscles are getting weaker than they were even 3 months PP!! I did kegels daily from before getting pregnant all the way through til now.. at least 3 sets of 30 daily, like I was told... and I thought I was in the clear.

BUT. Lately I've been having to RUN to the bathroom. It's definitely not a UTI. I just have a heavy feeling constantly. TMI, but I looked and it looks like there is definitely a mild prolapse. I already saw my doctor about it but she says its just normal.

Easy for her to say when she's not having to run to the loo with a big stroller every time she goes out. :( I actually avoid going out a lot because of the hassle. And going to peoples' houses sometimes is awkward if I have to suddenly go to the bathroom in the middle of a conversation, lol. And I also noticed other more personal issues related to weak muscles that I won't go into too much detail about, but it's bedroom related. :wacko: OH won't say much but I KNOW things are very different.

Is this normal to have a sort of... regression? Does it get better again?? I'm so confused because things were exactly the same as before pregnancy by around 3 months post, but now... :cry:

I'm right there with you! Well, that is, you are describing what happened to me after my first son was born. I had issues holding it at first, but then I did kegels and gave it some time and everything seemed to be back to normal. Then, around 6 months PP I started having incontinence issues again and even peed myself in the middle of the night a few times. Yikes. Turns out I did have a UTI, but it also coincided with my return to soccer. Have you recently increased your physical activity? Even just walking more than usual?

I'm having the same issue now (having trouble holding it sometimes and even wet the bed again... so embarrassing), but I just went to the doctor today and I don't have a UTI this time. BUT, I am playing soccer again as of just 3 weeks ago. So, I think my issues have to do with not just those muscles, but all the muscles down there being weak still.

Ohhh good point. I didn't think about it but lately I've been jogging more and lifting heavier stuff. And... my son is also at least 20lbs, lol. So I don't think that helps. Maybe I am over-doing it. I've felt a lot better in the past couple months so I think it's possible I did do too much. I'm hoping resting a little more might help..

I have heard the first year after childbirth you should take it easy, but it's hard!

Yeah, I guess even just the pressure of baby sitting on top of all those muscles for a few months can do a decent amount of "damage." After my first son was born, I thought the issues were a result of pushing for so long (two and a half hours). But I've got the same thing after this birth, and the whole labour was only 3 hours (only like 5 minutes of pushing)!

And I also know what you mean about the "bedroom related" issue. I straight up asked DH if it felt different or bigger and he gave a polite answer that amounted to "no" but I know it's not the same as before. I had a pap test the other day and I could barely feel the speculum expanding. I know it'll take a while for things to be back to normal down there (or perhaps they never will be quite the same again... I guess I should prepare myself for that too).

Oh, and I was going to say that it's been recommended to me (by several fellow soccer players who are also moms) that I get a pair of what are called "core shorts." I guess they help support your muscles and keep everything in place. I went to Sport Chek to try to find some today, but only found mens ones and didn't feel like trying them on. Anyway, the guy there said they also help with circulation and help keep the blood flowing all through your legs. He said they are good for runners, so if you're into jogging then maybe they might help? Might be something to look into.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->