Weaning a baby at 4 months

bex

Our little princess
Reaction score
Has anyone else had experience of weaning a baby early? I'm having to wean Niamh early in preperation for her operations in 3 months time. I didn't wean my son till 6 months so weaning this early is alien to me. What do you give your LO? Up to yet we have tried tastes of baby rice and yesterday we tried mashed banana. I know she can't have gluten.

Not really sure hun, maybe try something easy for her like carrot or pureed pear?? Sorry not much help there xx

i weaned katie early. we started at 11 weeks with baby rice. at 16 weeks we started on basic food such as sweet potato, carrot, parsnips etc. then we tried apple and pear. we tried each food on its own for 3 days then started to mix them when we knew she was ok with them xx

Our pediatrician told us baby rice for a week, then stage one fruits or veggies, one new kind a week (tho I've heard every 3 days is fine). David can't swallow it yet, so we're postponing for now. I hope your weaning goes well!

As with what others have said ive not started weaning yet, but going to be begining. My Health Visitor advised it.

She said start with the baby rice, then introduce puried veg, one at a time, she said to try and streer clear of the jars for awhile.

Eve started at 4 months ish (i've been really lucky so far, she will eat anything and lots of it!) started with baby rice and pureed fruit or veg, but i also found that the packs of dried food are really useful. There is much less waste than with the jars as you can just make a few spoons at a time. They come in some nice flavours too... berries and yogurt..... mediterranean veg and rice

Brooke has just started having some baby rice for her dinner but im trying to stick to that until she hits 4 months and then i will introduce new tastes, puree's etc.

How long do you have to get her weaned?

Brooke has just started having some baby rice for her dinner but im trying to stick to that until she hits 4 months and then i will introduce new tastes, puree's etc.

How long do you have to get her weaned?

Niamhs 1st operation has been pencilled in for 7th july, find out for definite next wednesday. So just under 3 months.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->