Weaning a preemie out and about, how?

stepmum

Oliver's Mummy
Reaction score
We've been weaning Oliver for various reasons for several weeks now and all is going well. However, I still haven't fed him out of the house. How did all of you manage, especially those that weaned early or when babies were still quite small. He still doesn't fit comfortably in our highchair and I'm assuming the ones in restaurants and cafes aren't as good, he's still a shorty and I can't carry the bumbo round with me. How do I do it?

So far I usually shoot out as soon as he's had his bottle and food and then I have a 4 hour slot to get back before he's due for next bottle and feed.

People always assume he's a lot younger than he is cos of his size so I'd rather know what I'm doing before I do it, in case I get any funny looks and then get even more stressed and fumble and look even more incompetent.

Is it a big deal? Am I over thinking it?

Maybe. Weaning a prem baby out and about shouldn't be too dissimilar to a term baby. Obviously their size is a mitigating factor, cos they're so small. But we managed by sitting little Joseph on ones knee and struggling that way!
Yes, it was messy at times but it got the job done!

Good luck x

I just held her on one knee, she was small enough. They dont need too many spoonfuls at the beginning so it wasnt worth the hassle of a highchair.

I feed Anya on my knee or in her buggy/car seat. She's still too wee for a lot of the high chairs out and about. xx

Thanks everyone :hugs:

I guess I'll just start feeding him in his buggy when we're out and about then, I just wasn't sure if it would be awkward or not. Suppose it's just the same as the bouncer :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Burgess422
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->