Weaning affecting sleep?? Advice needed.

BecksBabyB

Reaction score
Hi,

I've started weaning my son who is 5.5 months. But since I have he has had terrible nights.

We were in a position where he would go down at 6.30pm and sleep untIl his feed which could be anywhere between 12-2am and then straight back down until between 5.30-7am.

Now he wakes at roughly 8pm crying and settles after about 5 mins but then does this throughout the night until feeding time but he doesn't settle for ages...up to an hour. Once he's fed he sleeps for a few hours and when he eventually wakes for good he's happy and chatting to himself in his cot.

This has just started happening for the last few nights and it means no sleep for me and my partner, which is really not doing us any good as a couple as we are on thin ice as it is :(

Any idea if it has anything to do with the weaning?? Or any other ideas??

Thanks
Bx

Could he be suffering with trapped wind? When I first tried my daughter on solids she got it and it also affected her sleep x

We didn't start weaning until later, but yes, I definitely found sleep got worse. There is a lot more going on as far as digestion when they start solids and sometimes I do think it can affect sleep. But teething also starts around this time, as do a lot of big developmental jumps, all of which can affect sleep. I've found that 6-9 months have definitely been worse for sleep than say, 3-6 months were. So it could be a lot of things, including starting weaning.

This was us. Think it was the four mth regression .... Bit later :) his sleep was awful til about eight and a half mths. In fact he was 13 mths when he slept soundly through the night

Yeah i've found that since we've started weaning plus him having a cold etc he has been very unsettled and can't settle himself to sleep like he could before. I gave up trying to get him down in the cot last night and rocked him to sleep in his pram :( he slept till 7 but its not the point lol we'd finally got him out of the pram and into the cot :( i'm guessing theres nothing you can do but persevere and wait it out until they're used to it, Isaac did have a lot of wind last night so may try him with a little gripe water :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->