weaning at 18 weeks!

BabyMamma93

Mummy of a Easter baby
Reaction score
Due to reflux my doc suggested starting to wean LO.
what should i give him, when and how often?

We started at 4 months based on her doctor's advice too. I was told to start with rice cereal (which she hated, so I quickly skipped it), then pureed veggies and fruits. I started with a few tiny spoonfuls of one type of food per day, and slowly increased the amount. Make sure you wait 3-5 days before giving them a new food in case of allergies. :)

well.. when i asked my doc what i should give (i told her i am definatly not giving him jarred food inc. baby rice) she said to stsrt with mushed up fruit..
Yesterday i gave him some pureed apple and pear (cow and gate fruit pot or something) he had a good few spoon fulls, he just kept opening his mouth LOL.
Then for lunch today he had about 1/4 if not less, mushed up banana, so should i not give him anything else today apart from his bottles?

Start with veg first, butternut squash, sweet potato etc.

Those fruit pots are no different to jars so I'm not sure why you say you won't give jarred foods but give those?

If you don't want to give baby rice you can give normal porridge like ready brek, oats, weetabix.

Start with veg first, butternut squash, sweet potato etc.

Those fruit pots are no different to jars so I'm not sure why you say you won't give jarred foods but give those?

If you don't want to give baby rice you can give normal porridge like ready brek, oats, weetabix.

I dont think you can give weetabix etc before 6 months? Don't they all contain gluten?

If you're going to start early your pretty limited to fruit and veg really as you shouldn't give dairy before 6m either.

Oh yes of course that's true! I'd stick to mostly veg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->