Weaning-related milk question!

katy1310

Mummy of 1
Reaction score
Hello and thank you all for your replies to my post about weaning last night. I was also wondering what happens about Sophie's milk - she's currently on the first SMA one at the moment - the one from birth onwards, but I noticed there is one that's for 6+ months to be used when you're weaning - is that 6 months actual or corrected? Just wondered what to do about that as Sophie is only 10 weeks corrected but 5 months actual....not sure whether the one she's on will continue to be enough for her or if she will need the other one. I would appreciate any opinions please!

Thank you :)
xx

Hi can't speak from personal experience as you know but have friends who are ff their fullterm babies and they haven't changed their milk to anything different.

Hope you get some answers soon

Xx

OOoh chicky thats a tougy. Our SMA Staydown is birth-12 months so im thinking the same. I gave 6+ in an emergency and she hates it.

Is sophie still on iron? If so, i would stay on the milk you are on for now.

Sophie is still on something....not sure what! Abidec and something else. One orange one which she loves and a yellow one which she hates! I will need to go and check, haha.

Hiya, I switched to Aptamil follow on when the boys were 6 months actual. We started weaning when they were about 5 months actual (3 corrected) so by the time I switched to the follow on milk they were on 3 meals a day, and I figured they were getting enough calories & nutrients etc from their food. I also stopped their iron and folic acid at about 6/7 months actual and have just stopped their vitamins this week as they stopped having formula and have gone onto cows milk!

Don't think there are any hard and fast rules so just go with your instincts! My boys are really really good eaters, so I was never worried about that side of things when changing milks etc x

sytron missus, sytron...... :rofl:

Saying that we were told to give it up at 6 months actual so dont worry bout it

There's no need to switch to the follow on milks for full term babies. IMHO, the follow on milks are a bit of a con to get round the advertising rules.

If she's happy with her current milk, I wouldn't change things - why fix what isn't broken.

Just been reading the bliss leaflet on weaning and it says follow on milk is for fullterm babies.

You can download it from the bliss website x

My preciosuse girly has got cow and gate nutraprem2 they give it to you at the hospiatal on prescription they stay on the till they are 6 months corrected with Abidec ( dalevit) the yellow one which is muliti vitamin and Sytron Which is iron that is the orange one you were on about. She doesnt like the taste of the formula but we are running out of breast milk so i dunno whats going to happen xx

i asked about follow on milks when we went to see the pediatrician and he said not even full term babies need to change my lo as been on Nprem 2 she will stay on it until she is 12 months.i agree that there are a con clever marketing!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->