weaning when you're out

isil

Reaction score
I made the big mistake of not giving Alasdair his usual 1 meal yesterday and he woke up at 11 for a bottle :dohh:

So I need to make sure I do give him his food in the day I guess. If you're out how do you make up food to give to your baby? I'm using powdered porridge/baby rice.

I feel really stupid that I don't know!

Colton still misses meals sometimes when we are out. Although I give him all jars, so if I KNOW we are going to be gone a really long time I will throw some in the diaper bag and feed them to him if OH and I are out together.
That doesnt help if you make them from the powder though.

Do u mix them with water or milk hun? If water just take some boiled water out with u and a clean bowl and spoon and then you can mix together when u are out xx

i'm not going out at meal times for a while. I'm trying to stick to set times.
Later this week we'll be on a plane at tea time...i hope he wont make a big mess as i AM going to give him his usual onboard!!

If out & about I use either Ellas kitchen pouches or plum pots (Mia has milk allergy) Mia gets rusk & baby rice @ night if I am going out I microwave the milk so its too hot & crumble the rusk & baby rice in a pot then by the time she is ready for it either the milk has cooled or I put bottle in cold water, then mix & serve!

thanks everyone! I fed Alasdair his baby porridge when we were out today and I just mixed hot water (from his bottle) in with it.

Another girl I was with was feeding her baby veg puree and she just warmed it up in a bowl of hot water from the cafe we were at.

I think I'm going to stick to giving him baby porridge/rice for a bit anyway although we're venturing into purees when we're at home!

i just take a jar out with me and take a spoon and spoon it out the jar , he doesnt mind his food at room temp so its quiet easy for me xx

we have been using just a sterilised milk powder dispenser to take out the baby rice and then mix it with the bottle milk when out and take out a travel bowl and spoon x

I fed Ally sweet potato yesterday in debenebenhams as they have wonderful microwaves there! he won't even have fruit cold. fuss pot...

I used to put a few jars of baby food in the bag and leave them in there for when i needed them, also used to pack a few cartons of formula and top up when i had used them. Mothercare has bottle and food warming facilities ut ds didnt mind his food at room temp

Also something rather fantastic i found out most service stations will provide you with free baby food wether you buy yourself or not. So if your on a long car journey(as we were) its really quite good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->