Wedding Dilemma

it's a shame when people put you in this position x

I don't think that's fair, I think everyone should have what they want for their wedding and they want no children.

It depends how good the friends are. We were invited to a wedding, and our children were not. We were more than happy to leave them with my MIL, but my youngest was still exclusively breastfeeding back then, and notoriously hard to settle, so it got to the point where we had to retract our acceptance and say we couldn't make it because of her. The couple made a concession and we went, but they were very good friends. If they weren't great friends I wouldn't be bothered if I missed it. Your eldest child would realise she's missing out, unless she's given a fantastic night with a friend etc

This isn't a friend's wedding, it's family.

And the eldest is my husband's child, not mine.

I think it's interesting that it seems to matter to you that the 12 year old is not yours, but your husband's child. You've "pointed it out" 3 times so far. Why does that matter? I guess I don't see what difference it makes in your decision making. If he were your son, you would still have to leave him at a friend/family's house in order to go the wedding, wouldn't you?

Not trying to start a heated debate, I am just wondering what the signifigance is of him not being "yours".

I think it's interesting that it seems to matter to you that the 12 year old is not yours, but your husband's child. You've "pointed it out" 3 times so far.

Because people have posted back saying "your eldest", so I've clarified. It matters to me to point this out because if I was coming across as biased I'd rather it was based on all the facts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->