Wedding venue cost

LouOscar01

Reaction score
Right, I have just been looking at wedding venues and have found the venue I want. It's nice and local which suits us. It's perfect for us except OH is concerned about the price.....its £2800 for the venue hire....is this a lot? It's excluding catering etc.

Help?
:dohh:

We had ours in the church gym and total it was $300 but we had to provide our own food, my mom and mother in law cooked everything instead of having a caterer but I am not sure how much the food was.

If that's excluding catering then yes, that is a lot! I would expect food for that price at least!

Thats extortionate!!!

We had a luxuary hotel for our ceremony costing £700 for venue hire and a separate beautiful country club for our reception costing £800 for venue hire so yes I would say nearly £3000 for just stepping foot inside is a ridiculas price to be charged!!!
If its your ultimate perfect venue, then get haggling with them, but I really would recommend to keep looking!!!! Xx

My first reaction was that that's a lot. But when I thought about it - that's almost exactly what we're paying. You aren't looking at Mar Hall are you?! That would be beyond weird :p x

It's a lot considering its not including food x

It depends how nice it is. If its really nice then I guess it's worth it.

Have you booked your wedding date? If not, it might be best to ask them how much for a week day for example. Thus is how we got ours cheaper

Our venue was a museum and it was about $3000 (US dollars) just for the venue hire. So it doesn't seem ridiculous, but you have to decide how you want to prioritise your budget. For us, having it at a cool interesting venue was more important than having fancy food or a live band, so we had the cheapest available catering option (which was still like $7k for 150 people) and a DJ.

Yeah I will contact them, always planned on having it on a weekday to make it cheaper. We wanted to do a picnic style catering but the venue says it has to be proper caterers because of health and safety. Ha Loobs no its a place called Gildredge Manor.

Our is at a scenic function centre and the venue + food and drink, decorations and service and DJ for 60 people is only $3500. I think that's cheap, though. If you really love it, the price is worth it.

God yes! My venue are not charging room hire and were paying 3k for a beef dinner and drinks package for 100. Pie and pea supper for 170, DJ and seat covers.

Yes that seems a lot, we paid £600 for the evening, £40 per person for food for reception (which included afternoon venue hire) . I guess it depends how many people and what you do get for that. We married in church so that was just the reception, all in with drinks reception it came to around £8,000.that was botanical gardens

My venue was $6,500 so I might have a skewed idea of price. That was one of the cheap ones in the area. Wedding venues are so expensive in this area.

Had a nosy, it looks beautiful!

We're actually paying more than that - we've booked Mar Hall is anyone wants a nosy. We looked all over Scotland and the North of England for a wedding venue and nothing "clicked" with us. We started to look at getting married abroad until someone told us about this place. I arranged to go and see it and we both fell in love with it. As soon as I set foot in the place I could picture myself there on my wedding day. We went for an overnight last year when it was one year until our wedding and we absolutely loved it, we don't regret our decision one bit.

So yeah, it might seem a lot. But everyone has different priorities, and we've saved money elsewhere. I only plan on doing this once - I plan to do it in ultimate luxury!

X

Wow that place is amazing!!! Love it!! Got to have an old building....that's one of my musts!! Exactly, I only plan on doing it once too! Just hope his parents fancy contributing!

I'm with you, Symphony. Our wedding cost us $8,000 total, which included our ceremony, reception, dinner for 100, valet parking for all of our guests and 5 hours of open bar. We had it at a fancy hotel right on the river. This was the least expensive place we looked at, but the decorations, food, liquor, and flow of the evening were nothing short of phenomenal! I wouldn't change a thing, it was perfect! <3

PS- what is pie and peas?? I'm picturing like apple pie with a side of peas! :rofl:

Outside of the US, pie means savoury mostly - meat pie!

I don't think that is expensive if you love it and aren't stretching yourself too much. We paid £6k for the venue excluding catering x

Pie is anything with a pastry crust, it can be savoury with meat or sweet like an apple pie. We will be having a choice of mince (ground) beef or chicken and mushroom.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->