Week and half late and 2 positive tests. pregnant?

dsmith15

Reaction score
Hi first of all sorry if this is women only but I'm posting on behalf of me and my girlfriend.

so she was about a week and half late for her period and she took a pregnancy test dipping it in her morning wee. After a few minutes we could both see a faint line in the results window. she then took another test the next morning (which I didn't see) and it was positive but she can't remember if it was faint or darker.

went the doctors that day who said she will be about 5-6 weeks pregnant but didn't re test and have an appointment with the midwife for a weeks time.

so she still hasn't come on now which is 2 weeks past when she was due but only symptoms is sore breasts, tho she thinks she may not be pregnant and it could be a false positive.

anyone have similar or can help Us calm down? or will the midwife confirm for us when we see her?

False positives are extremely rare!! And especially two in a row. My guess is YOU'RE PREGNANT!! CONGRATS!! My first BFP was very faint, but a positive!! When in doubt, take more tests ;)

Also, as I've learned from being extremely paranoid, the symptoms will come and go!

Yeah, I was the same way. I found getting a digital pregnancy test helped. Seeing that PREGNANT 1-2 WEEKS really sunk things in.

If her period is two weeks late and she's gotten 2 positive tests, she's pregnant. Get a digital.

yep, sounds pretty pregnant! congrats :)

I once spent the entire first trimester stressing about that and false positives and DD is now very nearly 6!

The midwife wont confirm though - I would get a digital and then look forward to your first scan

This forum is for men and women, you are definitely welcome :).
I would say you guys are almost certainly expecting, congratulations! False positives are very rare. You can sometimes get evap(oration) lines but if you checked the time within the allotted time it is unlikely to be an evap. Plus you guys got two of them! I agree with those suggesting getting a digital test, there is no mistaking when you see the word "pregnant"! :)

Thanks for the replies

it sounds good news then :) i'll try an get a digital test to confirm it before we see the midwife then.

regarding the evap line, im not sure what the exact time was now but it was a case of doing it in the toilet she brought it down and we looked at it for a good few minutes then the line appeared and after a few tears and hugs it was still there. Does that sound about right? and the 2nd test im not sure how long it was either as i wasnt there at the time

It sounds like she's pregnant to me! Congratulations!
I didn't believe I was so I got a digital and kept looking at it to make sure lol

Hubby and I tried for 3 months and I watched and waited for every little symptom, prick, or pain and it was always negative... stopped paying attention and trying so hard and found out I was pregnant at 4 weeks 5 days so I'd say there is very little symptoms sometimes none...

Her eggo is preggo! A digital test is always nice to see the words. :) congrats!

Congratulations, it sounds like she's pregnant :) a digital test will help you feel the "realness" of it all! Good luck with everything x

Thanks for the replies and congratulations everyone. Makes us feel more comfortable about everything...she seems reluctant to take a digital test (thinks she's scared it will say not pregnant) but going by the answers on here it seems she will be :)

Does the midwife do much on your first visit? New to all this got so much to get our heads round lol

Congrats! I agree with everyone that she's definitely pregnant!

As far as the midwife appointment goes, I'm not sure where you're from, but just going based on mine from DD, it was basically getting to know her, her getting to know us, getting history, going over what to expect over the course of the pregnancy, and going over any questions that we had.

She scheduled me for an exam a couple weeks after the first appointment as she didn't like to just say "Hi, nice to meet you. Okay, let's do a pelvic exam!". She wanted us to be comfortable with her before doing that.

It really varies dr to dr and midwife to midwife. Some may or may not do a pelvic exam. Some may wait until a certain time. This really does vary. But I'd say that you'd probably most likely be going over history and basically what to expect.

Definitely sounds like you guys are preggo to me, congratulations! I was exactly the same didn't believe it, a digi definitely helped it sink in. Wishing you guys a happy and healthy 9 months :)

do you want a baby?

kind of sounds like you dont and a cluching at straws... 2 posatives = pregnant

there is no such thing a false posatives, you can get a posative for the wrong reason (some cancers etc...) but not a false

Thanks for the replies

it sounds good news then :) i'll try an get a digital test to confirm it before we see the midwife then.

regarding the evap line, im not sure what the exact time was now but it was a case of doing it in the toilet she brought it down and we looked at it for a good few minutes then the line appeared and after a few tears and hugs it was still there. Does that sound about right? and the 2nd test im not sure how long it was either as i wasnt there at the time

Thanks for the replies and congratulations everyone. Makes us feel more comfortable about everything...she seems reluctant to take a digital test (thinks she's scared it will say not pregnant) but going by the answers on here it seems she will be :)

Does the midwife do much on your first visit? New to all this got so much to get our heads round lol

do you want a baby?

there is no such thing a false posatives, you can get a posative for the wrong reason (some cancers etc...) but not a false

Did you actually read all the replies? Where does it say they aren't happy or don't want to be pregnant. He clearly states that it's good news with a smiley face that clearly indicates he's happy and the reason his oh doesn't want to do a digi is because she's scared it will say not pregnant.

Thankyou princesstaz

Yes we do want a baby it's just not entirely sunk in yet and we was shocked to see the positives that's all. Just wanted clarification off others that it can't be a false positive. Didn't want to get our hopes up and then be disappointed, had read about chemical pregnancys and evap lines which is what got us a bit worried.

But thanks everyone :) can't wait for our first scan.

Thanks for the replies

do you want a baby?

Did you actually read all the replies? Where does it say they aren't happy or don't want to be pregnant. He clearly states that it's good news with a smiley face that clearly indicates he's happy and the reason his oh doesn't want to do a digi is because she's scared it will say not pregnant.

well you awfully bossy answering someone elses question :haha:

also given that they are trying to convince themselves their not pregnant after 2 tests and being late makes it a perfectly valid question :wacko: it doesnt mean they hate the baby you can be happy, sad and in denial all at once and many more... lets face it they wouldnt be the first people in history to posibly have an unplanned pregnancy at an inconveniant time

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->