Week and half late and 2 positive tests. pregnant?

Thankyou princesstaz

Yes we do want a baby it's just not entirely sunk in yet and we was shocked to see the positives that's all. Just wanted clarification off others that it can't be a false positive. Didn't want to get our hopes up and then be disappointed, had read about chemical pregnancys and evap lines which is what got us a bit worried.

But thanks everyone :) can't wait for our first scan.

I know what you mean, first tri can be so scary especially first time around. The only advice I can offer is stay away from Mr google, as helpful as it can be, it can also have you worrying for no good reason. This site is awesome though and really great for advice and support. Hope the wait to your scan passes quickly for you both :)

I don't really understand what the question is. No period and positive tests, you're pregnant!
She might not "feel" pregnant yet but it will hit soon ;)

Thanks for the replies

it sounds good news then :) i'll try an get a digital test to confirm it before we see the midwife then.

regarding the evap line, im not sure what the exact time was now but it was a case of doing it in the toilet she brought it down and we looked at it for a good few minutes then the line appeared and after a few tears and hugs it was still there. Does that sound about right? and the 2nd test im not sure how long it was either as i wasnt there at the time

Thanks for the replies and congratulations everyone. Makes us feel more comfortable about everything...she seems reluctant to take a digital test (thinks she's scared it will say not pregnant) but going by the answers on here it seems she will be :)

Does the midwife do much on your first visit? New to all this got so much to get our heads round lol

do you want a baby?

kind of sounds like you dont and a cluching at straws... 2 posatives = pregnant

there is no such thing a false posatives, you can get a posative for the wrong reason (some cancers etc...) but not a false

Did you actually read all the replies? Where does it say they aren't happy or don't want to be pregnant. He clearly states that it's good news with a smiley face that clearly indicates he's happy and the reason his oh doesn't want to do a digi is because she's scared it will say not pregnant.

well you awfully bossy answering someone elses question :haha:

also given that they are trying to convince themselves their not pregnant after 2 tests and being late makes it a perfectly valid question :wacko: it doesnt mean they hate the baby you can be happy, sad and in denial all at once and many more... lets face it they wouldnt be the first people in history to posibly have an unplanned pregnancy at an inconveniant time

I dont think they are in denial I think they cant quite believe its happening to them. We got pregnant the first month of trying and I could not quite believe I was that lucky and almost convinced myself it was not true (particularly when the doctor did not verify it) it was not until I saw her on the scan for the first time that I actually believed.

its entirely different to being in denial and not wanting to be pregnant

Just a little update she went the local shop last night but they only had some own brand tests and no digital but got 2 anyway. Took one last night which was a clear positive and a positive again first thing this morning.

Looks like were definitely pregnant :dance: :happydance: :thumbup:

Congratulations, don't worry about lack if symptoms she is very early, for some they dint kick in until around 7weeks and some people dint get much. It's a surreal feeling at first because you dint feel anything your just have those lines to look at - I looked at mine every few hours to check I didn't dream it (btw digis go off after abut a day)
Congratulations! Hope you both have a h&h time

She's around nearly 8 weeks pregnant now and has small bleeding tonight. If it's still there tomorrow we are going the hospital...should we be concerned?

when i was pregnant with my son the line was faint line. Went to the doc and was told a line is a line is a positive. So more than likely youre pregnant. Conrats and welcome.

She's around nearly 8 weeks pregnant now and has small bleeding tonight. If it's still there tomorrow we are going the hospital...should we be concerned?

Bleeding can be common but I would suggest getting checked out anyway.

Bleeding can be common but I would suggest getting checked out anyway.

If it's still there in the morning we def are, atm it's only when she wipes after going the loo, nothing's coming out on her pad

I pray to god nothing is wrong :(

Personal question but did you have sex recently? Sex can cause some light spotting!! It did for me twice and I freaked out!

Don't worry too much, bleeding is scary but often totally normal as long as it's light, no pain or clots but good to get checked out just in case.

Still a bit of blood when wiping after going the toilet today :( going to get a doctors appointment Monday, she's had no pain and it was dark blood, she would of been due on her period tomorrow aswell. I've read about chemical pregnancys and thinking this could be it now as they say you come on your period when your next due, I'm so scared tht we're going/have lost the baby. Does anyone know how long it usually takes for an early scan date after going the doctors?

Still a bit of blood when wiping after going the toilet today :( going to get a doctors appointment Monday, she's had no pain and it was dark blood, she would of been due on her period tomorrow aswell. I've read about chemical pregnancys and thinking this could be it now as they say you come on your period when your next due, I'm so scared tht we're going/have lost the baby. Does anyone know how long it usually takes for an early scan date after going the doctors?

A chemical is an early miscarriage, they happen when you get an EARLY positive test before your period is even late, and then your period comes on time and you miscarry early. Your partner is way beyond that now, as she is due for her NEXT period. I have read that a lot of women get spotting around the time of when their periods would be throughout pregnancy.
It is really good that it was dark blood, rather than fresh blood. Try not to panic too much, as there is no clotting and she isn't cramping :)
Please stop googling because all it will do is freak you out and confuse you.
If the doctor recommends an early scan (which they hopefully will), where I live they refer you to a scan place with a piece of paper, you call the place and book the next available appointment. But if you're going to a hospital they should be able to do it that same appointment.

Good luck, I hope everything is okay. Sending lots of positive thoughts your way x

Are you in the UK? If so call the early pregnancy unit at the maternity ward, they can go through everything with you. I had 2 bleeds in my last pregnancy and 1 so far in this so it's not uncommon, but they are always happy for you to call to check things with them.

Hope everything is ok x

Sometimes people get what's called break through bleeding, a but if bleeding around the time their period would have been due, it's harmless but scary. If she's in no pain and there's only small amount of blood honestly don't worry, must the time it's nothing to worry about. They might say she is to early to scan though

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->