weeks/months/trimesters?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Second Trimester' started by Chelsea.ann1, Jun 1, 2011.

1. Chelsea.ann1

Chelsea.ann1 Guest

Though it's no big deal or anything I'm just curious...

Is anyone else confused by the whole weeks to months months to trimesters thing?:-k

I mean some sources count by 4 weeks = a month but that would mean were pregnant for 10 months!

And the other sources state that random pregnancy months have 4, 5, or even 6 weeks???

There's no pattern there lol!!

So I'm just curious what you ladies prefer to go by!!

I'm 23 weeks so how many months is that to you?
    and at how many weeks do you consider the beginning of your third trimester??

Sorry if this was confusing!!

2. Jojosmommy8

Jojosmommy8 Well-Known Member

Ha, I am confused too! I just guess and go by what my doc. & ticker says! Lol I would say your 5 months 3 days.

3. Chelsea.ann1

Chelsea.ann1 Guest

Ahh thank God I'm not the only one :)

I think that's how far along my book would say too!!

4. Jojosmommy8

Jojosmommy8 Well-Known Member

Haha, With my son the er asked how far along I was went I went in for labor pains... they wanted to know in weeks not months. I just looked at them and said "I'm enough weeks to know I am in labor!" Ha

5. deb.

deb. WTT for #2 May 2012

I hate that... I keep track by weeks and everyone always asks me how many months and I never know what to say!

6. Chelsea.ann1

Chelsea.ann1 Guest

Hahahaha they should really clarify or come up with one way of keeping trackk!!!

7. Mocha_Baby XD

Mocha_Baby XD Freya & Aurora's Mummy =D

It always confused me lol! and nothing worse than people saying "how many months are you?" haha i found this and it helped me understand the whole weeks/months/trimesters deal =] https://www.baby2see.com/pregnancylength.html

8. Chelsea.ann1

Chelsea.ann1 Guest

Lol yea i came across that site too i printed out the little chart thing, but i don't have it memorized so i still have a hard time answering the months questions when they ask... !

what's your due date cause i see that your also 23 weeks along!
    beautiful name choice btw :)

9. Mocha_Baby XD

Mocha_Baby XD Freya & Aurora's Mummy =D

Lol same =P Thank you ^.^ 28th of September for our LO =] her daddy's birthday haha!

10. Chelsea.ann1

Chelsea.ann1 Guest

Awww how sweet :)

Hopefully she'll be born on her due date what a great/AMAZING birthday present!
    I'm due September 25th or 27th they've told me both..

11. 10.Laura

10.Laura Well-Known Member

ooh that is a very useful chart - thanks! I definitely still answer in weeks and look bland when asked for months ..!

12. Amy31

Amy31 Well-Known Member

Sorry to crash the tread - wont be long before I am 2nd tri :) :) Before I was pregnant when people said they were so many weeks along I was confused - but now it all I think is in weeks. To work out my months I just think my last LMP was 07/03/11 so 07/04/11 I would be about 1 month etc.....it works about right :)