weetabix

ricschick

Proud mummy of 6!
Reaction score
when can i give her weetabix and cows milk? i no she cant drink cows milk til shes 1 but im not to sure when to add it to her food is it 6months?

I don't give Caitlyn weetabix because it's full of salt aparently, cows milk with cereal is fien from 6 months though

i was told to avoid weetabix until she is 1, there is to much hidden salt in them. cows milk is fine added to foods from 6 months but i think it has to be full fat.
if you google weetabix and babies you will find a few scary articles about babies dying because parents were giving their babies weetabix because it was a cheaper alternative

eek! the weetabix is scary! I haven't given Alasdair any (we don't like it so don't buy it and I'm not going to buy it just for him!) but our HV assistant people are always telling me (and I've overheard them saying to other people) to give him it.

We just give Ally baby porridge with whole milk....although I would like a cheaper alternative!

I've been told that weetabix is fine from 6 months, and cow's milk is fine too if mixed in with things just not recommended for a drink. The only thing my HV said was wait a bit longer with it if there is wheat intolerance in the family.

Weetabix used to have a lot of salt in it but the recipe has been changed a few years. It is now 0.05 g sodium per biscuit.

Ready brek is also fine for babies and the texture is just as smooth as baby porridge but it's cheaper. It is not quite as sweet tasting though. mark usually gets ready brek or sometimes adult porridge.

i dint no about the whole milk from 6 months....tommys still not good with anything apart from stage 1 though and gaged at ready brek bless him

h x

i've found that baby cereals taste too much like very raw cereal (if that makes sense) and htat is my taste of course but rebecca doesn't like baby rice or cereals. If i make her a ground rice pudding tho with just normal ground rice from shelf in supermarket....of course it gets cooked..she likes it a lot more. I use full fat cows milk. Lovely texture and with some banana mashed in she loves it! :)

i dint no about the whole milk from 6 months....tommys still not good with anything apart from stage 1 though and gaged at ready brek bless him

h x
Snap Tabs is on stage 2 as we have to move on but still gags a lot! even over her cereal which is smooth!

Weet-a-bix are fine from 6months aslong as its not all the time, Jasmine has been having them since she was 6months and shes fine, she only had the odd one and occasionally has them now. I've spoken to 2 doctors and 3 hv's on this and they said there is no problem with it

tried it this morning and she spat it out lol!!! think il put something init next time!:rofl:

Lol, Jasmine was like that at first, my mum used to mix a bit of water with it then add milk

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->