Weight lifters

You look fantastic!!! Love your arms. How much do you do with your bicep curls? X

You look fantastic!!! Love your arms. How much do you do with your bicep curls? X

Thank you!

Once a week I do bicep curls with 7.5kg dumbbells or 15kg barbell.

But I bench 30kg and overhead press 25kg which all contributes, and I do press ups.

Beth you look wonderful! :)

That's great aliss! Ass to grass!

I see lots of people only half squatting and it looks odd??

Sometimes advanced lifters do it to engage their quads more but 99% of the time, people just aren't squatting properly LOL

Oh yes it's not any of the big boys.

Got chest today can someone recommend some good exercises?

Also I've been eating 100% rolled oats with some protein powder in the morning and quite frankly they are boring!

Do you think sugar free alpen would be alright?

I always just have porridge or eggs. I'm struggling with the eating clean business as I find it boring so mainly following slimming world but without the naughty things. So still having porridge with milk and sweetener, still having cooked breakfasts done in fry light then bacon with the fat cut off etc. Still eating carbs just trying not to eat too many. And I've lost 4lbs this week so seems to be working!

I do still need to get protein though or at least a recovery drink.

For chest because I've started doing full body workouts with mainly compound moves I only really do bench press. But on my old program id also do flyes and dumbbell chest press. X

Oh yes it's not any of the big boys.

Got chest today can someone recommend some good exercises?

Also I've been eating 100% rolled oats with some protein powder in the morning and quite frankly they are boring!

Do you think sugar free alpen would be alright?

For chest, you cannot go wrong with a heavy barbell bench press. I do those heavy and then add in lighter pushups (I've never done a "chest" day, always either upper body/lower or full body, so I also do heavy military press and then some light accessory work).

Every morning I do the 30g oats and then nuke (don't laugh) 3 eggs in it, then a bit of splenda to sweeten it. It's actually quite good. You could also consider an omelette as an alternative.

"Eating clean" is boring as shit, I will give you that! I try to add in one 'treat' a day to make it a bit bearable which is 1 latte (I have my own machine which I would marry if I could), 2 squares of 70% lindt gourmet chocolate at night and then every 7-10 days OH and I go out for dinner or order in (pizza usually), makes it much easier.

I have a small bit of honey on my Greek yoghurt and sometimes a small handful of dark choc chips and that keeps me happy :)

I love eggs tho and have been cooking loads of quinoa which Evie loves so that's a bonus!

Do you girls use any apps? Id love to track my strength progress on my phone

What's quinoa?

I don't use any aps no, I'm on the bodybuilding.com forum though. x

It looks a little like couscous but doesn't taste great. Has a nice amount of protein in it but I add some herbs and choped veg and it makes it nicer. I go between quinoa and brown rice really. Just something different

I look at bodybuilding forum a lot but haven't actually signed up x

Ladies helpppp. I was going to the gym 6 times a week. My body was looking amazing, especially my quads. For the first time in my life I was starting to like my legs!! Then me and my oh split up. I now have no car and no babysitter. I can only get to the gym one day a week for 45 minutes! I'm devastated. Utterly devestated. Ive lost 5lbs already and my big muscly quads have shrunk. What can I do at home to help? :( I am gutted

So sorry to hear of yor situation :(

Does your gym have a crèche? Or can you invest in some good home weights?

Sorry it's taken so long to reply x

No there's no gyms with crèches near by at all! I ended up spending £300 on a squat rack, olympic bar and 100kg xx

No there's no gyms with crèches near by at all! I ended up spending £300 on a squat rack, olympic bar and 100kg xx

Wow! Good for you. I'd love my own kit, rather than going to the gym.
Sorry about you and ex-OH.
Xx

Amazing! You can do a lot with a decent bar and enough weights!

How's everyone doing? I've got a few new PBs :)

Squat 70kg
Deadlift 60kg
Unassisted tricep dips with extra 7.5kg weighted on a belt 3sets of 10

Yay!!!

Weight lifting at your age is not the best thing to do, your right in what you heard as it does prevent height growth.

Oh darn, I was hoping to still grow another 2-3 inches taller at the age of 31.

How is everyone! Here's a progress pic taken last week x
https://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g154/SK1PP3R_01/Mobile%20Uploads/E63B325A-B56E-46A5-AF8C-D539E78A0383.jpg

You look amazing. Ive slacked :( and the eating has gone to pot. Going to hope your image knocks some sense back into me lol. X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->