Weight lifters

I'm not too sure,but when you tense up its your muscles that are being used. Your baby will be growing behind all that in the tiny uterus. Thing is as well if you ask your doctor/midwife they will probably tell you to stop lifting- purely because it's not a common exercise for women!

Well my grandmas a it now, I told her that I deadlifted 60kg todayandshe was wittering on about how ill look like Jodie marsh. Silly woman.

I know lol. Without the tonne of fake tan she actually has a flipping good body that she's worked damn hard to get!!

Yes Jodie marsh looks bloody good! I don't really like her but I like her body lol

I have a while until we are TTC anyway but will defo look Into it. I know I won't be able to some of my classes like tabata or circuits which is fine and there is a pre natal yoga class too!

I generally lifted the same but reduced down to 30-40% of my lifts by the end of 40 weeks. Bench or any other flat back is not okay after 1st trimester due to pressures that affect baby's oxygen intake. If it doesn't feel right, no harm in stopping.

Jodie Marsh? Heh. Her look of lots of muscle is actually mimicked by a dangerously low body fat (8-10%) and excessive tanning, she has no more exceptional muscle than the average fit girl. If I got down to 8-10%, I could look like her too. But I'm not masochistic.

Don't your periods stop and things like that when your body fat gets that low? And generally when body builders to it it will be for a very short period of time like for a huge competition or something? I couldn't do it, I'm too greedy :)

Don't your periods stop and things like that when your body fat gets that low? And generally when body builders to it it will be for a very short period of time like for a huge competition or something? I couldn't do it, I'm too greedy :)

Most women, yes. You should not be able to physically reproduce at those body fat levels. You'd be too tired for sex anyways, it's really quite dangerous. Those girls are practically passing out on stage and maintain it just for the photo.

Yes I've seen videos of competitions and people have just collapsed!

I sometimes feel a little heady if I've not eaten a lot and I've got a big session at the gym.

New squat pb 55kg :happydance:

Also upped my chest press too to 30kg lol. Nothing to brag about but at least its going up x

That's great Beth!

I like that I'm improving and even a little gain is still brilliant!

DH put on 60kg but I couldn't do it! Felt a little silly as he had to pull the bar back off me when I was deep in a squat :dohh:

Do you find the bar really heavy on your back?? Sometimes just the weight of the bar literally crushes me. I find that when I do my pump class, lifting the bar up and over for me to squat sometimes is a challenge lol

A few more questions...

What do you eat before you train and does it depend what you are doing to what you are eating? I eat about 45 mins - an hour before I train and I always have carbs etc but have been feeling a little sick during and a little heady...?

Also what knickers do you girls wear? Mine just seems to go all over the place and I'm constantly peeling them out of my arse or worse!! Lol

I know, I'm quite pleased as I've only been into lifting of a couple of months. I've never used heavy weights before this.

Aw don't feel silly, at least you tried and had him to help! The first time I tried 50kg a few weeks ago I nearly collapsed lol.

I don't find it heavy on my back anymore but I used to struggle with it.

Im sooooo rubbish at eating right. I usually just grab a banana before I set off to the gym in a morning :/ I should eat porridge but tend to wait until I get home for it. But I always seem to have plenty of energy and feel good.

Haha I have to wear a comfortable thong! Big knickers are uncomfy under my skin tight gym trousers.

X

It didn't occur to me to wear a thong! My gym trousers are tight too but I think I'll get some shorts tho especially when I do circuit training, I find my legs get so sweaty lol

I honestly just can't find decent knickers. I used to get mine from primark but recently they have been going out of shape or just falling apart. I might look in topshop or next

Today is a rest day for me and I need it. Didn't feel great yesterday as have a bit if a cold.

Do you do much cardio?

No I don't do much cardio. Been trying to incorporate it into my Tuesday and Thursday rest days. Just so far 20 mins on a cross trainer. I just bought a few pretty pair's from matalan! But I also have some topshop ones that have lasted me ages x

My cardio consists of circuit training once a week and tabata classes 3-4 times

I hate running it just knackers my ankles.

My shoulders are coming along now they have more definition. Done them yesterday and the front is looking good!

I think I'm gona start classes back up too. I hate running lol. I used to do spinning a lot so ill start that again a few times a week and I think I might do boxercise. I used to kickbox which I loved!

Ooooo spin, bleugh lol I only do that as a last resort and I mean last resort ha ha!

I really want to shape my legs better and get rid of my lower abs bulge from being pregnant.

I've started taking pictures so j might post them.... One day

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/...ures-weightlifting-EIGHT-months-pregnant.html

There's been the same things written about women running in pregnancy. It seems that unless the words 'pre natal' come before a form of exercise, you're going to get grief for it! Regardless of the fact that people who are physically fit are more likely to have a healthier pregnancy and more straight forward birth!

That's a bar and 2 technique plates, that is hardly 'heavy' to an experienced lifter (it is, at most, 55-65lbs). Heavy is relative to the woman. I lifted like that in my pregnancies and I would do it again. Everyone's a doctor. People will believe what they want.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->