Weight lifters

I had physio for a couple of years, and up until now everything was fine. I'm not sure if it was this 3rd pregnancy or maybe I'm just getting older :haha: Either way, I've always been able to work out hard without pain. I feel like such an old lady now! I hobble (i.e. waddle) sometimes from the pain.

I've found the absolute worst on my knees are mountain climbers and jumping jacks. Maybe they put the most strain on it? Who know... Also if I keep a squat shallower than 90 degrees it's ok, but if I go too deep is when my knee kills. Lunges are totally out of the question.

Do you think if I did a normal routine, but started with really low weight, it would be ok?

I have the opposite problem regarding boobs. Mine are HUGE lol

Wamommy have you been taking extra calcium, maybe that will help you have stronger bones? I've read you should be taking extra calcium when lifting anyways. I agree with PP you should take it slow and steady. Maybe you can talk to your doctor as well to see if maybe you've got osteo arthritis in your knees? Hope not!!!

I started with low weights, 3 lbs to be exact and worked my way up so I think it's a good idea. However, I have never had problems with my knees. Maybe talk to your doc just to be on the safe side?

I was doing 7.5kg on my shoulders and DH wasn't spotting me properly (he was chatting to a friend) and my wrist went limb and I flopped in onto my head lol I wasn't happy ha ha

Hey ladies :)
Hope everyone's ok.
Got a New squat pb (75kg/165lbs) and a New bench pb (54.5kg/120lbs). Really pleased.
xx

That is mental that you can bench press that. My arms are so weak lol.

Well done :)

That's great ILS!

I'm going to start writing down everything I lift.

My abs are killing from doing core training tonight!

Does anyone have twitter?

Hey thats awesome!!!! I dont have twitter but I have facebook :)

I was in weight training before my son, never had the time to go back and got pregnant again :haha: I did weight training 3 days a week, a gymnastics course 2 days a week, and 2 hours in the gym 5-6 days a week.
I highly recommend if you can to get in a weight training class. I like them, and they kinda force you to go above. I'm not sure if it's a good weight, but I could do leg squats with 145lbs. I never got interested to know the actual names of the equipment and workouts:haha: but I know my little noodle arms could never bench more than 45lbs....I really need to work on those. My legs could bare a lot more weight with my thick thighs. I never bulked up and looked manly, just had nice tones :) A few months after the next baby is born, I plan on going back to the gym and starting all over again.

Awesome :). You? Xx

Glad to hear it! :)
Yes, great, thanks. I'm loving training at the mo. Mainly worked on deads last night. I kept the weight fairly light, so I could make sure my technique was perfect, but it was a great session.
Also did some kettlebell stuff, assisted pull ups and abs.
xx

I'd like someone to watch me dead lift so I can make sure my techniques right. When I watch the men doing it they all do it different to each other so I can't tell if what I'm doings right.

Was leg day again today. Im supposed to do sets until I fail, but when I get to failure what do I do lol? Drop my weight on the floor? I'd feel a bit of a tit doing that! Xx

I am now on week 5 of Eason's LIVEFIT program. Yesterday I added cardio and felt amazing. I did 30 minutes without stopping, which is awesome considering it has been 15 years since I ran. I used to be big into track and all that, but got lazy but now here I am starting up again! One thing I notice is I eat a hell of alot more when I burn alot of calories. Is anybody here on MFP and dedicated to it?

I am now on week 5 of Eason's LIVEFIT program. Yesterday I added cardio and felt amazing. I did 30 minutes without stopping, which is awesome considering it has been 15 years since I ran. I used to be big into track and all that, but got lazy but now here I am starting up again! One thing I notice is I eat a hell of alot more when I burn alot of calories. Is anybody here on MFP and dedicated to it?

Well done! :)
I used to do MFP, but I don't anymore. I have had an eating disorder, so things like that aren't good for me coz I get too obsessive with it!
xx

I'd like someone to watch me dead lift so I can make sure my techniques right. When I watch the men doing it they all do it different to each other so I can't tell if what I'm doings right.

Was leg day again today. Im supposed to do sets until I fail, but when I get to failure what do I do lol? Drop my weight on the floor? I'd feel a bit of a tit doing that! Xx
Ha ha! :)
Are you doing your squats on a smith machine? Set the stops high enough that you can still squat low, but that it'll catch the bar if you fail.
xx

Ha ha! :)
Are you doing your squats on a smith machine? Set the stops high enough that you can still squat low, but that it'll catch the bar if you fail.
xx

No just a squat rack. I was told smith machine squats aren't good enough haha.

What weights do you use for bicep curls etc? Xx

I'm a bit confused about how much of what I should be eating. I've lost 3 stone without calorie counting and I've just attempted my fitness pal but gone over what it says I should be eating for weight loss haha. :/

Smith machine squats AREN'T good enough :) It's much better to do them on a rack. A lot of gym don't let you drop the weights.
I don't do biceps curls - I only really do compound moves. I don't do a lot of isolation work.
xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"